Conspiracy Theory And Bigfoot

AaronD

I agree, I don't know what type of individual can't see the evidence for evolution, but can still deny evolution, which is what most Americans do. And therefore, it isn't hard to understand how easy it is for most Americans to deny Bigfoots existence too.

1 + 1 = 2 but thats just a theory and not yet proven. After all, 1/3 = 0.333(repeating), but 0.333(repeating) + 0.333(repeating) + 0.333(repeating) = 0.999(repeating), and 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 3/3 = 1 and 0.999(repeating), which means 1 + 1 = 1.999(repeating) and 2 . Thats a head scratcher, and I'm being facetious.

I already said this, but I think its worth repeating (just like the decimal form of 1/3):

It is easy for us to be us if we are the only us there is.

Edited by Mounty

They've reintroduced wolves in some areas and cougars in others without telling people. Which in itself isn't wrong, but when questioned by people who have seen one they deny and play dumb or as if that person is crazy. This is fact...have they yet admitted they reintroduced cougars to parts of the SE?

What? First of all. The wolf reintroduction was a public thing. It was not kept secret. Second, they have agknowledged that cougars have been present in the east but when DNA tests were done on captured individuals, they turned how to be transients from the west. Where did you goes the idea that they were reintroduced? It seems cougars may eventually recolonize the east on their own.

SSR Team

If the gigantopithecus theory is true than the only unqiue trait sasquatch would share with humans is bipedalism.

Which is absolutely key where evolution is concerned and which we don't share with Bonono's, Chimps etc etc..

I really don't know what type individual can't look at all these sightings and incidents and not at least TRY and add 2 + 2.

1 + 1 = 2 but thats just a theory and not yet proven. After all, 1/3 = 0.333(repeating), but 0.333(repeating) + 0.333(repeating) + 0.333(repeating) = 0.999(repeating), and 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 3/3 = 1 and 0.999(repeating), which means 1 + 1 = 1.999(repeating) and 2 . Thats a head scratcher, and I'm being facetious.

2 + 2 never seemed so complicated until now.

I just recently listened to Mr Paulides being interviewed about his Missing 411 book. Freaked me right out.

What bothered me the most was the idea that the Park Service and the Government may be aware of the risk to park visitors who might encounter a Wildman and have done absolutely nothing to inform the public in order to reduce that risk.

If this species is finally proven to exist, I wonder if the families of the missing children will have cause to sue the NPS.

I just recently listened to Mr Paulides being interviewed about his Missing 411 book. Freaked me right out.

What bothered me the most was the idea that the Park Service and the Government may be aware of the risk to park visitors who might encounter a Wildman and have done absolutely nothing to inform the public in order to reduce that risk.

If this species is finally proven to exist, I wonder if the families of the missing children will have cause to sue the NPS.

Only if they can prove that a bigfoot took their baby, and not a bear, cougar or dingo. Otherwise I don't think it's a very strong case.

Guest Theagenes

I think that if the NPS is 'containing' BF related reports it's just as likely to be because taking BF seriously is seen by many as a sign of 'being away with the fairies'. Many, if not most people would take the easy option and just act as if they didn't believe rather than taking a risk of being judged negatively by their peers.

In a government run organisation with a long chain of command I could see the pressure to fit in and not rock the boat being even stronger. I can easily see how many BF reports might not get the attention they deserve but this could be the result of individual actions rather than an 'orders from above' type scenario.

This is right on the money. When BF reports come in at the parks, as I'm sure they do on occasion, they are probably just dismissed as hoaxes and misidentifications, and even if you're a believer you should agree that most of them probably are. I'm sure it's the same for the Forest Service, Fish & Wildlife, and BLM. I know it's hard to believe if you are immersed in the BF community, but outside of here, most people just don't take it seriously. That doesn't make it a conspiracy.

Southernyahoo in answer to your question, no I've never seen a BF report, but I'm an archaeologist so I wouldn't anyway. I've had had to deal with things like fake Mayan artifacts in Florida, Atlantean anchors and stuff like that though. :)

Like Hades it doesn't! Ask any rancher in and around areas where the Forrest Service has reintroduced wolves that promptly started killing livestock about just how "open and honest" the FS is...

First of all, the Forest Service is not even the same Department as the Park Service, much less the same agency. They're Agriculture and we're Interior. As far as I know the Forest Service has had nothing to wolf reintroduction. I believe it's Fish and Wildlife that has been in charge of this program though wolves have been reintroduced onto other agencies land (like Yellowstone National Park). I don't doubt that there have been issues, but there's nothing secretive about it.

Do government agencies try to downplay negative information? Sure they do. But that's typical bureaucratic CYA, not a conspiracy.

Most of the people working for these agencies, especially the ones in the parks and in the national forests and in the wildlife refuges are people who love the natural and culture resources that they manage care for. Believe me non of us are doing this for the money. I promise you that the day BF is proven to be real it will be USFW and NPS leading the way in trying protect them and their habitat from other interests that will no dount be trying to exploit them for profit. If they are shown to a hominin of some sort rather than an ape, it will be people like me trying to protect and preserve their culture.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Not everyone working for the NPS or the USFS would know about it. There was speculation by David Paulides that the ones who call the shots are the ones who probably know about the Sasquatch.

Not everyone working for the NPS or the USFS would know about it. There was speculation by David Paulides that the ones who call the shots are the ones who probably know about the Sasquatch.

Yeah, speculation. That's about it.

SSR Team

Yeah, speculation. That's about it.

It's not speculation to some.

This Animal exists beyond all doubt to some, take into consideration that they would be highly likely to live on forested areas ( i think everyone can agree on that ) and it's therefore less likely that they DON'T know about them.

Guest Theagenes

So Theagenes, what would make NPS take a sasquatch claim seriously?

Well a body obviously, but if one of the DNA studies (particulary Sykes') indicates the existence of an unknown primate then there would be a effort to verify those results by finding a specimen.

Realistically it would probably come in the form of an unfunded directive from the Secretary to go out and find a bigfoot. :umbrage:

It's not speculation to some.

This Animal exists beyond all doubt to some, take into consideration that they would be highly likely to live on forested areas ( i think everyone can agree on that ) and it's therefore less likely that they DON'T know about them.

Who is they? Who is involed in this NPS conspiracy? The rangers? The interpreters? The numerous volunteers? The seasonal hires that are mostly college students? The concessioneers who are private contractors? The resource managers? The superintendents? The maintainence staff?

These are the people that make of the staff of a park. They are not men-in-black, or secretive government officials. They are regular people who make a modest salary doing what they love. It's real easy to make such ridiculous claims when you view "Big Gub'ment" as some evil monolithic entity but what you're really talking about real people.

SSR Team

Who is they? Who is involed in this NPS conspiracy? The rangers? The interpreters? The numerous volunteers? The seasonal hires that are mostly college students? The concessioneers who are private contractors? The resource managers? The superintendents? The maintainence staff?

These are the people that make of the staff of a park. They are not men-in-black, or secretive government officials. They are regular people who make a modest salary doing what they love. It's real easy to make such ridiculous claims when you view "Big Gub'ment" as some evil monolithic entity but what you're really talking about real people.

They are the NPS, the USFS, there will be people within those organizations or whatever they are, that know of the existence of an unidentified North American Primate walking the forests.

Guest vasquatch1984

I've read several reports of people being in a NP or on Forrest Service land who have had an encounter and went to an official, and the official was more or less like "yeah, that happens a lot" and that's the end of it.

SSR Team

Then of course there's Ranger Leitermen