Operation Persistence

You know, this thread was about sharing information. When did it become an inquisition of the TBRC's integrity? This is a group of highly intelligent and scientifically minded folks doing SOLID research and sharing what they can when they can. We are extremely fortunate to have them sharing ANYTHING at all here. Some of you folks should check your tone.

I don't think disease control is as big an issue as some may think. It is still a creature of the environment we also live in, and although I could see there being some risk of transfer from a bite, or clawing or something, I doubt if a dead one would be much to worry on. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, you will be fine.

I have often wondered if the slow rise of sightings over the years is not from them sharing the same population crash the Native Americans did when European disease was introduced. It would take them a long time to recover from some sort of pandemic. Maybe contributed to the isolation as well, they may have learned as a species, contact with people made them sick.

Edited by JohnC

I don't know, you hear more reports of them being near people and neighborhoods but it's rare to hear about habituation, when you do they are usually scorned. I don't know how much contact either might have had over the years, but gloving, bagging it up, and hand washing should be good enough. Justin Smeja apparently had blood on his boots and wore them after the shooting. I never heard of any of his family getting sick.

If someone could tell me, neanderthals are believed to have looked somewhat like the cave men in the insurance commercials? Gigantopethicus apparently liked a giant gorilla/orangatan cros?s,and Denisovan like what? Just trying to visually put a sasquatch in this line up.

You know, this thread was about sharing information. When did it become an inquisition of the TBRC's integrity? This is a group of highly intelligent and scientifically minded folks doing SOLID research and sharing what they can when they can. We are extremely fortunate to have them sharing ANYTHING at all here. Some of you folks should check your tone.

I'm sorry you feel that way James but aside from Bipto And Hairy Man who are the members of the TBRC? I think these two seem solid, but not knowing any of the other members, I can't make any assumptions about how competent they might be.

OS isn't the only one, and it is based on a lack of any pongo or pan results in historic DNA efforts to start with. Couple this with the TBRC's own physical descriptions and recorded sounds plus what DNA info we do have, it becomes increasingly more difficult to believe real biological evidence still eludes us , than to accept what we do have and face that head on.

Well it's understood, but speculating on it is much different than saying it's going to be proven definitively that these are sapiens. That's just a bit premature.

I think "sapiens" has been inserted along the way here, the genus homo has members that aren't considered sapiens, yet are considered to be human.

I think we scared Bipto away. :(

No, he's taking a much needed break. I am now on duty!

Thank you very much, James.

I'm sorry you feel that way James but aside from Bipto And Hairy Man who are the members of the TBRC? I think these two seem solid, but not knowing any of the other members, I can't make any assumptions about how competent they might be.

If they weren't competent, they wouldn't be in the group.

I think "sapiens" has been inserted along the way here, the genus homo has members that aren't considered sapiens, yet are considered to be human.

I wonder if we should even be using the term 'human' on the forum as it means different things to different people.

Maybe everyone on the forum should do a little 'entrance exam' so we can be sure of some common basic comprehension of what BF could actually be, e.g. HSS 'variant', Cro-Magnon descendant, Home Neanderthalensis descendant, HSS-HN 'hybrid', feral HSS, Giganto ... etc.

Just because something doesn't act like you and I doesn't mean it can be genetically classified as an ape.

Wait a minute.

With all due respect, if your sighting is one of the several that Bipto mentioned earlier in this thread, than it was no more than a few seconds long. If not how long was it and what were the Sasquatch doing?

Yes, it is the same sighting. But I saw them much longer and closer up. I believe bipto mentions that in Episode 38. I also have a full description in the PMP area.

No scientist or legitimate researcher could make the claims about Sasquatch intelligence or level of sophistication, with the complete lack of hard evidence, observed group and family interaction and data that the TBRC has.

I would have to say if anyone were to catch any human in the wilderness for as short a period as the TBRC has observed the Area X Sasquatch, (under a full minute by Bipto's estimates) they would observe much the same day to day behavior as the TBRC have of the Sasquatch there in Area X. Walking, running, looking around and getting pissed if we thought we were being spied on.

I am really not understanding your point here. I am a scientist. A feel fairly confident is my observations. Have you listened to the Bigfoot Show Ep. 38 and 39 where he discusses other activity that has occurred in Area X?

In fact the TBRC has rejected the one verifiable piece of evidence that points to them being more sophisticated than Gorillas.

The words they seem to be using or imitating.

They aren't using words. Those are sounds.

No groups of more than 2 have been observed at all, and that is where I would have to believe the most sophisticated types of interaction and behavior would be found.

IMO based on what I've read, the only reasons to make the assumptions that the TBRC has of the 'nature' of Sasquatch, calling them wood-apes, is to justify being able to kill one.

If the initial researchers of lowland Gorillas had the same 'harvesting' priority that the TBRC has, I think we would think of them as being crude, archaic and almost utterly barbaric.

If they had disregarded recorded evidence like words and related phrases, we would think they were sloppy, unsophisticated themselves, had an agenda or all 3.

We call them wood apes because that is what they are. We don't call them that because we want to make ourselves feel better about obtaining a specimen. Our primary mission is to conserve these animals. They cannot be conserved until they are accepted as fact. They will not be accepted as fact until a type specimen is produced.

The fact that this animal is so infrequently seen (by animal standards like bear and wolves) leaves me to believe they are somewhat rare and that a chance like this to study a family group in Area X is extremely valuable and perhaps something the research community might get a chance at once in a generation.

I couldn't agree with you more. Every team is required to keep meticulous notes of everything that happens. Those combined notes for both Operation Endurance and Operation Persistence have provided a wealth of important information. We fully understand that this is an opportunity of a generation.

The fact that the TBRC seems to have located a non-migratory group or family of Sasquatch for study, and their number 1 priority is to kill one, I think is almost reprehensible and extremely short-sighted.

Please read this article before you judge anyone: http://www.texasbigfoot.com/index.php/news/news/48-news/221

Guest Transformer

Bipto has stated that the lab that the sample that was sent to for DNA analysis ripped them off and didn't test their sample and did not refund their money. Myself and another poster asked what the name of the lab was and where it was located in order to protect other researchers from getting ripped off too. Bipto ignored the question at first and then replied he thought it was in Quebec, Canada. After asking politely a few more times for the info I find that we are being ignored regarding the question. Since there is obviously no reason to protect this lab as it has behaved illegally I cannot understand what the reason would be not to share that information. Nobody wants to send precious samples to a lab and then get ripped off. Can you help with that info Hairy Man? Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I sleep better knowing you're watching over me.

I guess you are in for a rude awakening then.

If they weren't competent, they wouldn't be in the group.

That is good to know, do you do background checks when people first apply or do you base that on experience with your fellow members over time?

I know to apply, you have to use a TBRC member as a reference. I assume they do background checks, but I am not sure. Upon acceptance, you become an associate member for at least a year, during which time you have several action items to complete. You can only move into status of a member upon vote of the BOD.