Operation Persistence

Is he is Amazing Randi afterall...

OK - got what a golf clap is. I would have never guessed that a sport had polite and refined fans. Like BFSleuth, I yell during all sports..."break his leg!" "kill him!"....and that's just when I'm watching curling!

And when I hear about six shooting attempts, I literally pray that you are really shooting at a Wood Ape. I would not want to be the one who had to tell a parent that their son was shot while wearing a gorilla suit.

What exactly would that person say to the parents aside from "your son is a moron. My condolences"

I think its safe to say anyone who is brave enough to run around the woods in a gorilla suit knows the inherent risk involved. I know what your trying to say, but at the end of the day a sasquatch looks widly different from a regular person, so I would think there's not much risk involved in taking the shot.

My only hope/concerns are leaving a wounded animal out there. It would take a well placed shot to bring one down, thats for sure.

If I was a parent and you shot my son, because he was wearing a gorilla suit, I would be quite pissed off. There is no law against wearing a gorilla suit and having fun in the woods. I would be at the Prosecutors office getting you booked for Homicide.

It wasn't like he was in a Deer costume during Deer Season.

"I'm sorry... you say you were shooting at a Wood Ape? Really? At no time it crossed your mind that these things don't exist, and it was someone pulling a joke on you? No one ever warned you that you shouldn't be lighting up the forest, shooting at kids in Gorilla suits, out having fun at your expense?"

Edited by Drew

Guest OntarioSquatch

Question: Will the TBRC stop trying to shoot one once Sasquatch are proven to be Homo sapiens?

Edited by OntarioSquatch

If I was a parent and you shot my son, because he was wearing a gorilla suit, I would be quite pissed off. There is no law against wearing a gorilla suit and having fun in the woods. I would be at the Prosecutors office getting you booked for Homicide.

"I'm sorry... you say you were shooting at a Wood Ape? Really? At no time it crossed your mind that these things don't exist, and it was someone pulling a joke on you? No one ever warned you that you shouldn't be lighting up the forest, shooting at kids in Gorilla suits, out having fun at your expense?"

Im saying you have waaaay too much concern for these folks having fun in the woods wearing gorilla suits. I tend to believe they dont exist, but thats just me. And if they do, and they're shot dead, well then thats a display of natural selection at its finest.

Edited by Samsquanch85

Any potential hoaxers would be part of bigfootery to know where this TBRC project was located and that they were in the area investigating BF. Any member of the "bigfoot hoaxers club" would be following Brian's posts here on the BFF or on his site. That means they know by now that these guys are freakin' shooting at us!!! WTF??? So let that be a lesson to you SOB hoaxers. Is it worth it? Well is it punk?

Guest poignant

Drew:

I wish you would stop suggesting that these are hoaxers in suits because it's derailing the thread. Even if they are men in suits, it's none of TBRC's business or yours.

Probably the third time I'm saying this in the thread: either the TBRC is fabricating stories, or they're encountering wood apes.

Yes, I have considered it but have decided not to entertain the possibility that these are paid/bribed/coerced actors running around in monkey suits. It's just another mindless, endless red herring that does no service to anyone.

Is he is Amazing Randi afterall...

OK - got what a golf clap is. I would have never guessed that a sport had polite and refined fans. Like BFSleuth, I yell during all sports..."break his leg!" "kill him!"....and that's just when I'm watching curling!

lol. I curlings awesome. The best sport in the Olympics.

Question: Will the TBRC stop trying to shoot one once Sasquatch are proven to be Homo sapiens?

How are wood apes going to be proven to be Homo sapiens?

Guest poignant

Question: Will the TBRC stop trying to shoot one once if Sasquatch are proven to be Homo sapiens?

I helped un-load the question.

That's not how it works. The people we will work with, ironically, won't work with us or take us seriously or even give us the time of day until we show them the monkey. They're not going to have a team sitting on stand-by ready to deploy to the Ouachita wilderness at a moment's notice. That, unfortunately is what real bigfoot research is like. You're a punch line. Collection of the holotype will end all that but it has to happen first.

A punch line? Well I did say "ideal" . And depending on that many people is always risky anyway if you aren't paying them. But it is something to consider so just keep the critter's body fluids away from all involved until you get from point A to point B.

I'm sure that you have this covered, but there are laws about the transport of bodies and animals of unknown origin. I would lean towards following the stricter laws to the letter if it involves crossing state lines in moving this thing so that the feds won't have an excuse to take it, not that they need a reason.

Edited by CTfoot

Drew it really sounds like you didn't listen to any of the Podcasts. Episodes 38 and 39. Download them off of itunes. Listen to them and then you won't have to go off on these tangents that are so extremely well-addressed in the podcasts.

^^What he said. Not to mention that we are on private land. Someone being on the land uninvited (in costume or not) is trespassing.