Operation Persistence

Have you found any evidence of nests, or similar?

To the best of my knowledge, we've not found anything that was clearly an ape bedding area.

Bipto- how dense is the forest? How far can you see during the day?

It's not as uniformly thick as what we have in northern Minnesota or as gnarly as the East Texas Big Thicket, but the undergrowth can be daunting. There's plenty of cover. It's both the thing that allows them close access to the cabins and the thing that makes it so difficult to accomplish our goal.

Yes, I definitely could have worded it better, sorry, but no, I have no interest in the name. I was thinking of what I would do in a similar situation. I have a large vet office/hospital that I utilize for my horses, with no prior planning or connections, they would be my best bet for buying time to figure out what the next step should be.

JohnC - I am skeptical of certain things but definitely remain open to the possibility that this creature may exist. I work in a very face paced and detailed environment so I tend to pick details apart out of habit but my questions shouldn't indicate disbelief in the overall story.

some would disagree with you. They would claim you would be charged with murder and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I find that ridiculous.

Bipto, what percent chance would you place on the possibility that these are not Wood Apes, but are people messing with you. Please be serious and think about your answer. I can't imagine anyone could say zero, knowing that there are no other known bipedal creatures (other than humans) of that size in the US.

I think you should blindfold Drew, turn him three times,and take him there Bipto, let him face these occurrences first hand himself. Take the comfort of the arm chair and google from him, and try some real world experience.

Don't take offence Drew, you could be an impartial skeptic observer, despite your bias.

Why wouldn't we move it? It's not a crime scene investigation.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of quarantine since it is an unknown primate. The first two-three days of studying it there, autopsy, etc, then once it's cleared move it elsewhere. With proper planning you could have what you needed already on site, just bring the experts in for the first few days, people that know what you are trying to do that have agreed to come when you get a body or wounded animal. .

Bipto, what percent chance would you place on the possibility that these are not Wood Apes, but are people messing with you. Please be serious and think about your answer. I can't imagine anyone could say zero, knowing that there are no other known bipedal creatures (other than humans) of that size in the US.

Zero.

Sorry to disappoint. The sum of my experiences, along with the sum of the experiences of my friends and colleagues, is irrefutable to me.

Also, you had to know that would be my answer.

With proper planning you could have what you needed already on site, just bring the experts in for the first few days, people that know what you are trying to do that have agreed to come when you get a body or wounded animal. .

That's not how it works. The people we will work with, ironically, won't work with us or take us seriously or even give us the time of day until we show them the monkey. They're not going to have a team sitting on stand-by ready to deploy to the Ouachita wilderness at a moment's notice. That, unfortunately is what real bigfoot research is like. You're a punch line. Collection of the holotype will end all that but it has to happen first.

Edited by bipto

I figured that you had settled on that. In order to justify firing weapons into the woods, you would have to be at a zero-doubt level.

I just hope you are correct.