Operation Persistence

Hey Bipto,

Just wondering if you could address something I've seen pop up every now and again. I don't agree with it but there is this theory that the TBRC is intentionally crafting it's language to make it sound like what we're dealing with here is purely an animal, I guess presumably so that it doesn't look as bad when one is shot. So say Sykes or Ketchum or whoever produces some type of DNA findings pointing to these creatures being of the genus Homo, do the efforts to take one continue? I don't want to speak for everyone, but from what I gather those findings are going to be disputed no matter what, since there wouldn't be a specimen to back it up. I guess what I'm getting at is that do any findings short of Homo Sapiens Sapiens change anything? I think even that finding is gonna generate a crap storm.

I think after typing all of that I kinda realized that the answer would probably be that you're gonna have to schedule a meeting. lol

B ipto- so you say you don't want to kill one(bf) but if I am hearing you right, you would kill one(bf); uh in the name of science right?

I've said before that I am not qualified to try and bring down any animal of that size. I'm not trained in how to safely use the type of firearm necessary and don't own one. Others in the group are qualified and are willing to do what's necessary and required by science, yes.

Shoot one regardless, I have felt for a long time they eat kids, so have at it.

So you're a supporter of capital punishment, then? You figure just wipe 'em all out for the sins of a few? Let god sort 'em out?

...there is this theory that the TBRC is intentionally crafting it's language to make it sound like what we're dealing with here is purely an animal...

We believe they are animals. I'm not crafting my language in any way except to reflect what we believe to be true based on our experiences and observations.

So say Sykes or Ketchum or whoever produces some type of DNA findings pointing to these creatures being of the genus Homo, do the efforts to take one continue?

That's a big if. I'd rather not speak to hypotheticals like that. Eventually, Sykes at least *will* produce a finding. Until either of them do — and in an official way (not via half veiled rumor and Facebook status updates) — it's a waste of effort to debate what they will or will not say. As I said above, the TBRC is not in this for the sport of it. We're being as reasonable and scientific as we can be. We will always be guided by those principles, no matter where it takes us.

Guest crabshack

So you're a supporter of capital punishment, then? You figure just wipe 'em all out for the sins of a few? Let god sort 'em out?

I said, I support shooting one.

Anything else and we get into theory of just what they are, and that can go down hill fast. Besides you wanted the thread back on track.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Shoot one regardless, I have felt for a long time they eat kids, so have at it.

I assume you're talking about the kids that get abducted in forests. There's evidence that they actually take care of them, rather than eat them for lunch. :)

^^ Good point OS, I recall an account of a young child lost in the woods and what was described as an "ape woman" brought the child back to a spot near the child's home(??) Someone may have a better recollect than I on that story.

Bipto, please keep up the good work. Sorry for any antagonist comments that come across, but please don't shy away from sharing with us--this is why you have a "report" button :).

Rather then trying to kill one have either on of you or your group ever thought of letting them get close.If they are not as scared in which I BELIEVE THEY ARE NOT thought of letting them have at it in camp.There was a time that we shot one of my rifles off at a tree .We never thought that one of them might be behind this tree but we shot our rounds at it.When we broke camp and and an hour later went by the camp sight was destroyed and this hug log was lodge between this v of a tree. Has this ever happen to you all? where your camp has been destroyed.Have you all had episodes of them chatting away in the forest like there was monley all around? I mean the sounds that were heard sound very ape like and excited. Have these things happen to you all?

Not everything has to be paranormal since most things can be explained, and I try to stay away from this since it mostly leads to arguments.But as you call them wood apes others may say differently.But there is more to these creatures then one would persume. Saying these things goes against what our minds do not understand. Does it not seem as though they are aways one step ahead of what ever you plan? and when you plan it some how murphy steps in and seems to snuff out this plan.By murphy I mean murphy law."what can go wrong will go wrong" with these creatures seems like it happens alot .Am i wrong about this?

I mean you have them coming in close so that is not a problem but some how they always seem to stay with in the forest. Now does this not seem that they have thought of some sort. maybe i am wrong, but collecting a specimen might not be the right route to take. Maybe your efforts should be towards the way they survive and where they go for shelter.How they hunt or even the way they find their mate.I would think that this knowledge would be greater then taking a specimen.Just my opionion or a suggestion.

Bipto, animals that large have to make a living in between the rock throwing. Do you find sign of them foraging vegetation (picked leaves/broken branches) or chasing game? Is there sign of resting/sleeping places? I wonder too if you are seeing the stick formations we always hear about?

t.

Bipto, pardon me if this has been asked before but do any of these creatures resemble PGF in any way?

We've had one sighting of the large gray one as it walked away from an investigator. He reported that its back looked much like the PGF, including "thick all the way down" with a large buttocks. Daryl's noted the same thing in his brief sighting of the same animal. Large, beefy legs and buttocks. Then again, there has also been seen animals that are much more muscular than the PGF subject. More V-shaped in their physique. This could be sexual dimorphism or simply the difference between young and old animals.

Do you find sign of them foraging vegetation (picked leaves/broken branches) or chasing game?

Asked and answered. Nope.

Is there sign of resting/sleeping places?

This past weekend, I found a large lay down area high up on the mountain. It was about 15 feet across and roughly circular. The grass was all pressed down, though still green. To me, it appeared as though several somethings sat or laid there.

I wonder too if you are seeing the stick formations we always hear about?

I have found two interesting tree twists in my visits to the area, but they can't conclusively be pinned to ape behavior. We've not seen any "formations."

Bipto, based on your observations, does the PGF depict one of the apes in your study area?

The description of the grey animal has been reminiscent of the PGF subject. Thought far from X, the TBRC has also investigated photographic evidence of an animal that bears a striking resemblance to the PGF subject.

Edited by bipto