Stick Structures?

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

I might have forgotten to mention that the structures I'm posting were found in the Appalacian Mountains of SW Virginia. Since we like em, here are some others I haven't posted yet.

013.jpg

ImportedPhotos00346-1.jpg

This next one looks awesome doesn't it. Should have great big red letters across it saying "DEBUNKED" Still cool lookling.

ImportedPhotos00305.jpg

how did they prove the tree in that story is 200 years old? I doubt few if any Indian trees still exist east of the Rockies.

They took core samples and it told the age which was way older than they had imagined from looking at the size of the tree.

The manipulation of the tree likein bansai causes the tree too be "stunted"in a way. Some of these trees are still around only because they are in protected areas, parks, wilderness areas that are to hardto get to to log etc. .

BFF Patron

There are many slower growing species in extreme montane environments such as peak and ridges and rocky outcrops that could easily still be Indian marker trees in the southeast Appalachians alone.

Guest VioletX

WesT- Thank you, I really enjoyed your pix, particularly the middle one. I have a few that are similar that are from this evening, I will share them later...always takes me a while to DL everything.

It is highly entertaining to look for stick structures : )

So how many of these represent a wanting to see something vs. an actual BF structure? Most any I have seen can easily be explained by natural or human intervention.

Guest VioletX

So how many of these represent a wanting to see something vs. an actual BF structure? Most any I have seen can easily be explained by natural or human intervention.

Yes, I have mentioned that I think they are inconclusive evidence. Maybe combined with footprints and other sights and sounds, they might be something. Fun nonetheless.

Yes, I have mentioned that I think they are inconclusive evidence. Maybe combined with footprints and other sights and sounds, they might be something. Fun nonetheless.

Fair enough. Perhaps when they are proven to the world, serious studies will take place on things such as this.

They took core samples and it told the age which was way older than they had imagined from looking at the size of the tree.

The manipulation of the tree likein bansai causes the tree too be "stunted"in a way. Some of these trees are still around only because they are in protected areas, parks, wilderness areas that are to hardto get to to log etc. .

yeah core sample is the way without cutting it down, I've seen some eastern hemlock that was 100 year trees and you wouldn't have guessed it. The reason we lost our Indian trees around here is the early settlers used the trails for their roads so naturally as the roads got widened trees just got cut. down.

Edited by peter

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VioletX

St George!!!! Not aggaaaiiiiin!!! :shout:

Maybe you are right I can create stick structures with Giant Zagnut bars and we will see who is the real Friend of the Forest People ; D

Edited by VioletX

Guest VioletX

All with love and fun VX. (and trying to push for Zagnut to sponsor us...)

St. G-

All with love and fun VX. (and trying to push for Zagnut to sponsor us...)

St. G-

lol... I can just see the Zagnut gear and sponsored expeditions-a Bigfooters dream come true!

Guest Bluegrass Sas

Here's a few teepee like structures I've found. All are in the same park forest within a few miles from each other. All but one, was found from driving down the road and spotting them. They ranged from 10 -100 yards from the road, and were concealed by foilage during the summer months.

I don't put to much stock in X's, bows, etc. as they can be formed naturally. However these structures are not natural, and would take opposable thumbs to construct. Reason would suggest humans as the culprits. But these aren't near any hiking trails, and I have found tracks in this park in the past.

post-2190-0-22281500-1357088670_thumb.jp

post-2190-0-30830900-1357088743_thumb.jp

post-2190-0-88214700-1357088969_thumb.jp

Guest VioletX

Thanks Flyboy and Bluegrass, for feeding my appetite for stick formations. I agree those Teepees do not look natural.

Nice ones!

I actually made my own tee pee the other day and was somewhat horrified to see that it had been added to. :o

I hope I can find my comparison picture...but I am quite sure I that a couple sticks had been laced through the top and there had been some sticks underneath that have been moved and changed into a different kind of 4 directions sign.

I was pretty excited about that.

I too am not convinced about the bow shapes, but I usually find them 2 together, I found 2 giant ones that start off from opposite directions and kind of cross each other halfway.

I need to share more of these but I am kind of scattered lately...