Finding Bigfoot

So, I thought of something. On last night's episode, something tore down a tree in response to Moneymaker making a loud grunt call. After this, he continued making the call. Assuming Bigfoot is real, plus responsible for the tree falling, is Moneymaker putting himself and the others at risk by contunuing the threat display? Obviously it's a threat response by a Bigfoot if it knocks trees and branches down, so isnt Moneymaker extending a challenge by threatening back?

So, I thought of something. On last night's episode, something tore down a tree in response to Moneymaker making a loud grunt call. After this, he continued making the call. Assuming Bigfoot is real, plus responsible for the tree falling, is Moneymaker putting himself and the others at risk by contunuing the threat display? Obviously it's a threat response by a Bigfoot if it knocks trees and branches down, so isnt Moneymaker extending a challenge by threatening back?

Excellent point, and one I agree with.

I think, in general, these "field teams" really don't take their own safety into account enough. For a bunch of 'experts', they don't seem to think about what would happen if they encountered an angry Sasquatch (or several) at all. They always run TOWARD the supposed noise or sighting...and I always wonder, "Exactly what are you going to do if you CATCH them?" Nobody seems to be armed, even with a tranquilizer gun, or a simple machete or something.

Yeah, exactly. If we're assuming that this is a real creature here, then some safety precautions should be made, IMO. I certainly commend their bravery though, charging like, commando-style into the woods after a nine foot tall Ape, which is possibly carrying a tree. :P

I have to admit the mindless repetition of the show (other than town hall meetings) has finally now hit home.

The poorly timed commercial breaks, ridiculous pauses and lack of audio hits that are meaningfully interpreted by anybody remotely familiar with sounds in the woods...... it's over for me......

If it was put up against cartoon Saturday morning, now I'd be hardpressed to give it a shot again occasionally. :sarcastichand:

(YES, that is the sarcastic fickle finger of fate smiley)

A considerable amount of BFRO readers on that forum are sending in to Animal Planet what needs to be changed. Three of the team members was ready to quit the first week of shooting due to the way the producers wanted to do the show. Changes have been made, but they come slowly.

I watch it, never expecting for them to film one live. The audio, needs to be cleared up so the viewer can hear, and quit breaking away at the most critical time....of course that is show business. The show is meant to be for entertainment only.

...and please, please, get that one female member off the team. How many times can one say....i think it is miss identification, its a person in a monkey suit, etc, etc.

The show isn't doing good because it's terrible like you guys try to make it sound. There's no shortage of jealous footers out there that run them down because they are at the top. Not to mention all the phony researchers failing to make a go at it so they resort to going after the king of BF, only because they are missing out on the action.

I see it all the time, if MM was bad at it everybody would ignore him.

...the show is Animal Planets top producer along with one other...can't think of the name. Might be Gator Boys.

Yeah, exactly. If we're assuming that this is a real creature here, then some safety precautions should be made, IMO. I certainly commend their bravery though, charging like, commando-style into the woods after a nine foot tall Ape, which is possibly carrying a tree. :P

Well they promote that no human has been harm by a BF in modern times. Which I think borders on lunacy and is an incident in the making. But perhaps they are just gentle giants..... I've always said, (and easy said than done) that if one growls at me. I'm going to growl back. Of course will have my hand behind my back ready for anything.

I wouldn't have the balls to make any type of noise that was deemed aggressive.

Hey Goonygoogoo....the eye shine I was referring to was from a recent episode, the one before the Indonesia show, not the first year, and whatever the shine is, it's too far apart to be any human IMO.

But you guys have to realize that it wasn't made for serious Bigfooters

Finding Bigfoot is the most successful Show on Bigfoot ever made. Everything Bigfoot is entertainment and I mean EVERYTHING! Until somebody gets proof, and until then you have to be pretty naive to expect anything else.

Anytime somebody does claim proof it ALWAYS turns out to be a big fat lie.

The team probably knows that if a real BF heard their growls and came to inspect them, it would see that two humans were in the area and would stay a safe distance back to observe them rather than charging them. I actually don't think they expect to be charged or confronted by an angry one.

Edited by TD-40
  • Upvote 1

Hey Goonygoogoo....the eye shine I was referring to was from a recent episode, the one before the Indonesia show, not the first year, and whatever the shine is, it's too far apart to be any human IMO.

I was referring to Forest's post. I did see your eyeshine catch. Good job now I'm going to have to go back and look at that clip again...

The team probably knows that if a real BF heard their growls and came to inspect them, it would see that two humans were in the area and would stay a safe distance back to observe them rather than charging them. I actually don't think they expect to be charged or confronted by an angry one.

That's probably what their thought process is, but I still think they are taking a huge risk (and leap of faith) that their noise and potentially threatening presence won't startle the 'squatch' to the point where it takes up a defensive position. I'm not of the "kill club", but I think prudence would suggest at LEAST having a sidearm handy in CASE something goes awry. I also think they are going with the assumption that most 'squatches are generally peaceful, which may be true, but I can't believe they completely discount the possibility of rogues. Your life is a helluva thing to risk on what is ultimately just a guess.

I was referring to Forest's post. I did see your eyeshine catch. Good job now I'm going to have to go back and look at that clip again...

That is pretty strange.

If they aren't armed then it means a couple things: They don't actually think there is something out there. They don't think they are dangerous. They have an armed guide at all times (unlikely).

This show is like a video version of a blobsquatch. And we know how well some people can see the squatch and not the blob around here...

BFF Patron

Do you expect them to pull Bigfoot out of their pocket? They travel from one sighting to the next and cover everywhere. Zoinks I'd even say they're hot on the trail

That's funny Zoinks told me the trail was ice cold. :haha: I do like Cliff and Bobo......