Implications Of A Human Hybrid

Guest poignant

Guest poignant

So with the latest Ketchum release, has it changed your opinion on what sasquatch is?

For me I'm reconsidering the one-kill policy to no-kill. I'm also thinking that if they're near-human or human, they could very well comprehend language.

I'm also thinking that there was genetic tinkering involved...but that's something better left for the Tar Pit. :)

• Upvote 1

It hasn't changed mine. I knew they were some sort of human 6 years ago, when I heard two of them having an extended conversation in my yard.

One Kill policy or no-kill. Would tourism take a hit? Or go up? After all bigfoot are known to kid nap you or kill you. Are humans allowed to go to town on bigfoot if that procedure is being had? But why's it matter? Brock Lesnar can't kill a chimpanzee. I hope you or I have a gun or sword then.

I swear that announcement is like something right out of Zecharia Sitchin (author).

Having seen one, I don't buy they Hybrid-Human line. But even if it IS just an animal as I believe it is, I'm still not for killing one.

Let's use our brains to understand them, not our muscle or weapons.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

So with the latest Ketchum release, has it changed your opinion on what sasquatch is?

For me I'm reconsidering the one-kill policy to no-kill. I'm also thinking that if they're near-human or human, they could very well comprehend language.

I'm also thinking that there was genetic tinkering involved...but that's something better left for the Tar Pit. :)

You've got a good reason to reorient your priorities and thinking on Sasquatch I'd say. See you in the Tar Pit. Toodles.

Guest OntarioSquatch

They have always seemed very human to me. What other species walks on two straight feet, speaks language and swings its arms? :)

Their non-human half could explain the lack of tool use and amazing strength. I now wonder how much hybridization could have occurred in the past 64 million years between mammals...

BFF Patron

Three posts at 11:21PM interestingly orchestrated and congrats!

I was a bit surprised by the finding that it was a hybrid. I figured that was true over a year ago because otherwise the problems proving it was another species didn't make sense. The convergent ape theory has seemed like nonsense to me for as long as I have been on the BFF. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it is close enough to hybridize. I have been saying I think it is logically in the genus homo for many years. My surprise at it being genetically compatible was based on the assumption that it would breed and be absorbed. Apparently if all this is true it means there is some kind of disruptive selection going on. It hasn't changed my belief much except that it is perhaps closer genetically because of the hybridization than I would have thought likely. Disruptive selection could still keep it very non "human". I don't buy the definition that Homo means human by the way.

Edited by BobZenor

Well maybe Stichin was right on some points.

Was Mr. Stichin the one who said BF was dropped of by aliens and used by them here to mine gold? I'm not being sarcastic, just get my Coast to coast guests mixed up from time to time.

Pre-announcement I thought it was likely a descendent of a species of Miocene ape that never went extinct and developed human-like intelligence.

Now, I think it's HALF of that and half human.

And the idea of genetic manipulation is an idea I've toyed with, but it delves into areas we aren't allowed to talk about, I think.

Moar!

Edited by madison5716

Guest thermalman

Hybrid

1: an offspring of two animals or plants of different races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera

2: a person whose background is a blend of two diverse cultures or traditions

3 a: something heterogeneous in origin or composition : composite <hybrids of complementary DNA and RNA strands> <a hybrid of medieval and Renaissance styles>

b: something (as a power plant, vehicle, or electronic circuit) that has two different types of components performing essentially the same function

I would have to think that the DNA hybridism would have to fall into definition 3a. BF is a new species that is not sterile and able to reproduce.

Edited by thermalman

Pre-announcement I thought it was likely a descendent of a species of Miocene ape that never went extinct and developed human-like intelligence.

Now, I think it's HALF of that and half human.

And the idea of genetic manipulation is an idea I've toyed with, but it delves into areas we aren't allowed to talk about, I think.

Moar!

There's always The Tar PIt in the Premium Access. You can purchase a PMP and post in a thread that's already been started or you could start your own.

You certainly qualify. It's worth the meager $20 per year. The details can be found here:

Feel free to contact a member of staff to inquire about membership.