Different Bf Species?

Guest vasquatch1984

Guest poignant

Here is a male Drill (related to baboons and the mandrill). Again, if this underwent a process of evolutionary gigantism, it could explain the sightings of 'dogmen'.

I would not want to encounter a 200+lb version of this creature in the woods that's for sure:

post-7914-0-73467100-1356074040_thumb.jp

Guest BastetsCat

I dont believe in the whole dogman thing. Part of the reason Sasquatch is plausible is that Apes are good at being secretive. Canines... not so much.

However, I do have a picture on my computer from various internet travels that is claimed to be the Beast of Bray Road, or the Wisconsin dogman. I dont think it's a werewolf, and it's a pretty sketchy shot, but it's one of my favorite images of cryptid horror lore. :P

Notice that it has shoulders? Not a trait of a cat or a dog. It reminds me of the halloween image that someone posted on facebook....a dogheaded man in a suit at the bottom of a flight of steps....I post drop a bag of marbles....Oh well.

The arms look short....Trex wasn't scary because he was going to grab you.....LOL. There was a story that a babysitter told my older siblings before I was born. There was a little boy that was treated badly at camp, he was mentally disadvantaged anyway. Everyone was mean to him. One night there was a fire and everyone got out except for the boy. He had his arms and legs burned off in the fire.....but he lived and became a monster. They called him stumpy and he went around doing all sorts of damage.....I am serious this was a story that scared my siblings to the point of wetting the bed.....when they were kids. The first time I heard it I laughed and laughed. I laughed so hard I couldn't breath. Siblings gave me nasty looks(We were all adults) and one of them asked what was so funny....I said he doesn't have any arms or legs, how does he swing from tree to tree through the forest? They all just looked at me and laughed too.

So if dogman is real and this is what he looks like then perfect. Tiny little arms and no legs, exactly what all scary things should look like,,,right?

He said he only popped of like 150 rounds, but he also had a Ruger 10/22 with three 50 round mags, which if you own one, can be a hard task to quick change a mag in one of those suckers unless you have mag well mod that attaches to the mag release (could have been, I mean, that is one of the most customizable .22's out there), but I really don't know how I feel about his claims of hitting it upwards of 140 times in a panic. IMHO, unless you've had training to handle acurite fire under pressure, I doubt the guy could have run and gunned and hit it 140+ times(unless he was either a former Marine, Army Ranger,SF, or SEAL, because those are the few military branches that teach accuricy under pressure.Some SWAT teams do too). But I highly doubt that he could've maintained that much composer in that situation to have that accuracy. I'm a raised country boy myself and I'm pretty good with a rifle, but in all honesty, if I were in that situation, I would have s**t myself. The horns report as a potential religious thing, is rather insightful though. I know a lot of people want to beat around the bush and since there is no real deffinition as to wether its human, or an ape (I'm in the first camp myself), we can't really say if BF has a religion complex. I know a lot of tribes would ware animal horns for religious rights and astetic reasons, so why couldn't BF have a simular mentality?

Real or not, that thing creeps the hell out of me.....its proportions just seem a wee bit off though. Like it couldn't be a fluid mover with the way its layed out in the photo. Does anyone know where the original source is?

Good point about them having some ritual with the horns....I was actually wondering if there could have been something like it wondering the woods in Greece at some point in antiquity and the Greeks decided to make it a god and worship it.

Remember the movie the 13th warrior.....you must kill the one that wears the horns of power.

Guest reelback

I don't have the time right now to read the report,,,but HOW does a person fire 500 rounds out of a .22? I mean that is one heck of a clip. Reload time is a stall. I will read the report tomorrow or the next day, but it sounds increadible just based on that.

The story in Colorado was touched on here by Co Grizzly...he knows about it and likely knows more than me about it. It was on LakeCreek? I think.

A tall tale indeed. Please. 500 bullets, L O L

I guess it would be just about as much a "hoax" as a regular bf footprint. Its pretty much the norm for skunkape prints to have four toes.

http://dreamcrisp.bl...-skunk-ape.html

I count 5 in that photo.

I believe most 'skunk ape' signtings are chimpanzees or similar apes. That would explain what looks like 4 toes since the other is extremely opposed and hard to spot in a footprint. I think to some who carry hammers, everything is a nail.

Florida is a climate they can easily live in, and for people that think chimps are smart pets soon find out they will tear you apart. I suspect there is a population in the wild in FL. Even breeding. Chimps live a long time too.

I found another version of the dogman picture I posted earlier.

I cant tell if this is doctored or not, it's from creepypasta so there is a good chance the frame was photoshopped, and it was given a phony backstory... but if the changes were in fact made by creepypasta, I'm posting anyway... as is often said, to be able to determine what is legitimate, you must also be accustomed to hoaxes.

The dashboard certainly does look added in.

Blown away by this dogman talk. Even here. That's a ML/panther at an odd angle. It has paws, its hunkered down.

Er...that looks like a felid of the panthera genus...

An escaped pet that's recoiling from surprise?

Escaped pets. I think when you see an animal out of context you start making up wild stories. That pic might even be a female lion.

Guest vasquatch1984

I never heard my great-grandfather mention anything remotely superstitious

Earlier this year when I asked my grandfather about the "old hag" he just laughed.

My mother has claimed to have seen ghost, and my grandmother was superstitious (grandmother was of english descent), but the Acadian side does not seem superstitious at all

Also keep in mind that my gran was born in 1901 in an Indian community in Quebec.Quebec is very different then the maritimes. Edited by vasquatch1984

Guest poignant

Escaped pets. I think when you see an animal out of context you start making up wild stories. That pic might even be a female lion.

Precisely the point about the lioness.

reelback: are you suggesting that I'm making up wild stories?

Edited by poignant

Well there are breeding populations of Rhesus Macaques in Florida, believe it or not.

The original Skunk Ape photo looks much more Ape (Orang?) than what Bigfoot seems to be.

Guest BastetsCat

The Gable film was a man in a suit. I watched the interview with him. He was having a good time with it and is the only hoaxer that I actually laughed at. It was totally ammusing to me. Though mostly because it looked so much like a Baboon to me. Fool me once......you know.

I heard that there are something like 5000 illegally held big cats in the United States. I know a girl that was chased by a Tiger somewhere around Misouri on her horse through a corn field...there are cats out there that should not be.

I have heard of Spanish Lions in Texas as well and one guy that lost an arm to one.

Not to mention the game preserve type attraction around the United States that have big cats. We do live in an easily traveled world these days the picture could easily be a lion in Africa taken on Safari....without back story there is no way of knowing.

There have been jaguars seen all across the south, presumed to have migrated out of Mexico. I know a lady that snapped a picture in what Alabama off of her back porch. It was laying on her neighbors back stoop. I recognized the house from other pictures that she had posted.

I wish I could find and post the picture from Facebook, you would see the similarity.

This video was a production. The "history" channel did a story on it.

http://www.youtube.c...v=_xlBA-VoT2o#!

That guy deserves some kind of award. That video had me so unsure if it was real or not. For that guy to run like that on all fours at the camera like he did is impressive. I still can't get over the fact that he was able to run like that. Makes me start to dount a lot of squatch videos. I know some all probably real but some of them look way more fake that the Gable film. Thumbs up for that guy!