Different Bf Species?

Guest vasquatch1984

about a BF encounter in Eastern TN about a bigfoot like creature that had horns. The guy who had the experience also shot the creature over 150 times with a .22 and it still came at him.

Sweet mother of crap that's horrifying.

Guest vasquatch1984

Sweet mother of crap that's horrifying.

Tell me about it. I put the link in one of the later responses. The hunter only found seven or eight rounds had missed its mark and went into trees. But think about this for a minute.....even if they were .22 rounds, the guy may have hit it upwards of 142 times and the thing still went after him.a human would hit the ground after only a few. I've read stories where people have emptyed .44 mag, 30-06's and what not, with no ill effects. Those are both rounds that stop big stuff like elk and moose. This story really freaks me out on multiple levels.

Not to mention... horns? I call mistaken identity, what he thought was a Squatch was actually the devil :P

what's about this dogman? Does anyone actually believe in that...?

Guest vasquatch1984

Well, it should be noted that the witness said he was near an Indian burial ground. This story has the two parts of my brain buzzing. The scientific part just thinks this is probably something else, the part that believes in folklore and legands wants to scream holy sweet baby jesus! Same with the dogman thing. There have been so many reports and they seem to be of two types.....one that's a BF type with a dog like head, and the others with an upright canine type body. My grandmothers people have a story about it, but I'm skeptical to be honest. The reports seemed to be a midwest thing, untill the past few years or so. I think Monsterquest opened a can of worms with that, either people using the descriptions for something they couldn't describe, or maybe it made more people come forth, I don't know. But I do know that a lot of tribes have stories about the windigo....and it isn't treated as a myth, it is taken very seriously and universally treated as truth. Hell, on the Navajo reservation, it is illegal for residents to own ANY animal skins apart from sheep.....so, part of me doesn't know what to say about the dogman stuff.

Guest curiouse

I have a big problem with this story, what were 2 women sitting in the woods at night armed to the teeth complete with night vision scopes doing out there in the first place? They were obviously not hunting , 150 rounds of 22 shells is a bit of weight to carry and why would you need so much ammo, much less another weapon she says she carried. The whole thing sounds fishy even without the dramatic horned creature.

The dogman was if I am not mistaken a Michigan thing . Being a native of Michigan I can tell you that I have never heard a native here talk about such a creature.

Guest vasquatch1984

It was a guy,and he was out checking his traps, and 150 rounds of .22 ammo would be about 10 extra pounds or so of weight. It does seem odd that he was carrying that much ammo though...a 50 round 10/22 clip would have been enough. it does sound fishy to be carrying 150 rounds to check traps....

If I had the money, id have a NV scope on my rifle

Guest BFSleuth

After reading the sighting report my first impression is that at best it was embellished, ie. there may have been an actual sighting and he added a number of details like emptying multiple clips of ammunition into it. If this is the case it may have been more likely he had a brief glimpse and crapped his pants and ran away while wildly firing about 7-8 shots that were later discovered to have embedded themselves in tree trunks, but in telling the story again he had to say that he fired over 150 rounds with almost all of them hitting the target.... riiiiigghhhtttt...

I think it might be closer to the mark that this particular "witness" is simply spinning a tall tale out of whole cloth.

Guest vasquatch1984

Yeah, like I said, part of me is skeptical and the other is fascinated by this story. But no one in a blind panic can hit a target more then a few times, let alone a moving one

I dont believe in the whole dogman thing. Part of the reason Sasquatch is plausible is that Apes are good at being secretive. Canines... not so much.

However, I do have a picture on my computer from various internet travels that is claimed to be the Beast of Bray Road, or the Wisconsin dogman. I dont think it's a werewolf, and it's a pretty sketchy shot, but it's one of my favorite images of cryptid horror lore. :P

post-21930-0-94850800-1355343605_thumb.j

Edited by ForestTone

Guest vasquatch1984

I dont believe in the whole dogman thing. Part of the reason Sasquatch is plausible is that Apes are good at being secretive. Canines... not so much.

However, I do have a picture on my computer from various internet travels that is claimed to be the Beast of Bray Road, or the Wisconsin dogman. I dont think it's a werewolf, and it's a pretty sketchy shot, but it's one of my favorite images of cryptid horror lore. :P

holy crap that's creepy! There's also the beast of 7 chutes, whatever that thing is, it looks totally different then both the picture you posted and what bigfoot is suppose to look like.

That photo looks like it could be any number of known animals, including a domestic dog.

I don't buy the guy's story about the horned bigfoot, not one little bit of it.

If I'm not mistaken the Louisiana "Rugaru" is often said to have a long snout like a dog.

Guest vasquatch1984

That photo looks like it could be any number of known animals, including a domestic dog.

I don't buy the guy's story about the horned bigfoot, not one little bit of it.

If I'm not mistaken the Louisiana "Rugaru" is often said to have a long snout like a dog.

I think its an interesting campfire story but, it has some elements that I've heard before, but I think it seems coached. As for the picture, I can't really comment, it seems like a shaggy dog (maybe a wolf?) That seems propped up. Its spooky, I will say that though, probably because the photo makes it seem to be showing non canine behavor. Then again, photoshop can do all sorts of things....