Different Bf Species?

Guest vasquatch1984

I dont believe in the whole dogman thing. Part of the reason Sasquatch is plausible is that Apes are good at being secretive. Canines... not so much.

However, I do have a picture on my computer from various internet travels that is claimed to be the Beast of Bray Road, or the Wisconsin dogman. I dont think it's a werewolf, and it's a pretty sketchy shot, but it's one of my favorite images of cryptid horror lore. :P

The thing in that pics seems to be leaning on to a treestump. According to Linda Godfrey they really hate it when they are seen. They are very stealthy and like to follow and sneak up un people in the woods.. I wouldnt doubt these creatures might be responsible for some of the dissapearances in the 411.

Guest reelback

I'd lean towards the species being the same with some minor regional adaptations. Also, personality and culture would play a role here.

For ones that live in high elevation and cold, natual selection for items such as hair or body fat would take over. Same for the Florida/hot weather inhabitants. A block of generations would provide enough time for minor variance to emerge. Also diet changes physical characteristics.

The interesting thing for me is that the descriptions of regional differences would indicate to me the amount of migration is probably limited to a few hundred miles. For example, I don't see a BF crossing the great plains, or the Mississippi river, or some of the more arid regions in the country. Migrations would seem to be a N to S thing rather than E to W.

It would be more surprising if there were not variations in the species.

Take the common deer, the northern deer is large well muscled and very strong, the florida deer is very small, almost the size of a german shepard dog. Thinner and not that bulky overall. The variations are simply due to location and genetics developed according to habitat over years.

If reports of bigfoot were uniformly the same all over I would be more inclined to think people were imagining them .

Just to show the dramatic size difference in the whitetail deer. In the northern states it's common for bucks to reach 300lbs. In Florida the bucks are often right at 100lbs or slightly more when full grown. Three times the adult size is a huge difference not to mention the differences in the coat of the animals.

Guest vasquatch1984

That makes the most sense to me. It was the direction I was leaning towards. But the dogman stories really leave me baffled to be honest. Whatever that thing is, it doesn't seem to be a BF.

Guest SquatchinNY

I dont believe in the whole dogman thing. Part of the reason Sasquatch is plausible is that Apes are good at being secretive. Canines... not so much.

However, I do have a picture on my computer from various internet travels that is claimed to be the Beast of Bray Road, or the Wisconsin dogman. I dont think it's a werewolf, and it's a pretty sketchy shot, but it's one of my favorite images of cryptid horror lore. :P

That thing looks like it is sitting on a treestump. It is probably a small animal like a possum, a model, or a panther.

Guest vasquatch1984

There is probably a logical explantion for the photo, but the legend not so much. I think I'm more baffled by the LBL and BOBR monsters. Bigfoot seems to have a fair amount known about it then whatever those things are and after reading about the LBL monster, I don't think id want to run into the thing. Bigfoot yes, dogman, no

Guest SquatchinNY

Wait! I've got it, the thing is sitting on a fence. One of thos ones with wooden "poles" making up the fence. Look carefully.

Guys, for the sake of clarification, 333 rounds of .22LR weighs a whopping 2.0 lbs. I'd weigh a 500 round brick, but, don't really want to go tearing into the ammo locker right now.

Also, for the record, that pic creeps the crap right outta me. Fake or not. Y'all keep that thing up there in Mich., 'k?

Guest vasquatch1984

Along these thoughts, here's an interesting read-

http://creoleneworleans.typepad.com/creole_folks/2006/10/wolf_creatures_.html

both sides of my grandmas family had stories about this stuff (half Mohawk and French Canuck), and she wouldn't really talk about it, just said it exsisted. I guess its bad juju. There IMHO more to the "dogman" then it being another species or a different type of Bigfoot. Anyone hear of the LBL monster? Or better yet, anyone been to LBL? That's one of the most creepy places I've been to in my life.