Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest VioletX

I put in a couple calls to the appropriate people at the Museum of Natural History in D.C. to ask about cold preservation and storage of a large mammal.., crossing my fingers theey get back to me....maybe I should have emailed?

I put in a couple calls to the appropriate people at the Museum of Natural History in D.C. to ask about cold preservation and storage of a large mammal.., crossing my fingers theey get back to me....maybe I should have emailed?

Goood thinking! Shoot them an email as well!

Guest Thepattywagon

So, are you saying the creature was gutted within 12 hours or so? Because I would think that the temps would hasten the putrification process.

If it had been killed in the dead of winter, it would be easier to gloss over the 'body preservation' details, or rather lack thereof.

Please don't accuse me of defending or supporting Rick Dyer for what I'm about to say...

This is pure speculation, but what if the 2008 hoax, wasn't a hoax at all, but an elaborate cover up.

Maybe Dyer actually shot and killed a Bigfoot in 2008 and the MIB (for lack of a better term), took over, threatened, paid-off, and fabricated what we now call the 2008 Hoax.

And maybe Dyer learned from that experience what to do, and not to do, if he ever shot and killed another Bigfoot.

And maybe that's just what he is doing now.

Maybe...

I have no idea when it was gutted, but if Musky is telling the truth, it must have been gutted soon after death.

I'm not assuming that it was thrown in a pickup, covered with a tarp, & driven to Vegas in the sunshine.

The problem with formaldehyde is that in cases of long storage, it bonds with the proteins in the cells, so hurts any DNA studies that a university would want to perform. And that was RD's plan....to give it to universities.

It wasn't gutted, but rather a partial embalming. The organs and organ cavity were embalmed and that's where the embalming fluid menthol smell comes into play. But if it were soaked in formaldehyde, it would be both dangerous to anyone since it's a carcinogen, and at room temperature it's a gas and could be harmful to anyone that's allergic, even just from the odor. Europe banned it's use back in 2007. Also no mention of the corpse being wet. Would they blow dry it before viewing?

This is pure speculation, but what if the 2008 hoax, wasn't a hoax at all, but an elaborate cover up.

Maybe Dyer actually shot and killed a Bigfoot in 2008 and the MIB (for lack of a better term), took over, threatened, paid-off, and fabricated what we now call the 2008 Hoax.

Maybe...

Mounty, you speculate a lot like I do.

The problem with formaldehyde is that in cases of long storage, it bonds with the proteins in the cells, so hurts any DNA studies that a university would want to perform.

But if it were soaked in formaldehyde, it would be both dangerous to anyone since it's a carcinogen, and at room temperature it's a gas and could be harmful to anyone that's allergic, even just from the odor. Would they blow dry it before viewing?

Do they blow dry cadavers before the medical students cut 'em up? Do they wear gas masks while they're working?

I don't know, but I know they still use them.

They probably got plenty of tissue for DNA before they embalmed him.

I have no idea when it was gutted, but if Musky is telling the truth, it must have been gutted soon after death.

I'm not assuming that it was thrown in a pickup, covered with a tarp, & driven to Vegas in the sunshine.

ah Sasfooty. So glad to see you :)

And maybe that's just what he is doing now.

Maybe...

doh!

I'm glad I'm not the only devils advocate who looks at situations with a contrarian point of view.

Edited by Mounty

If this thing has been frozen since September, even if ice crystals form, degrade the DNA or whatever... They'll still be able to extract DNA, heck they have done it with mammoths found frozen!

I'm sure all DNA would have been taken in the early stages, if its a body it's a body lol...when thawed it will decompose, but anyone wanting to chop this thing up would still be able to get what they need from it....

And maybe Dyer learned from that experience what to do, and not to do, if he ever shot and killed another Bigfoot.

Just peeking in.

Sorry to be so "me-too"-ey about this, but I have wondered the same thing.....

Yeah buy yourself a highly priced ticket on British Rail and get yourself a highly priced Tube Ticket and get down to Minnows gaff and sort em out. Come on mate! Then you can check out Brick Lane nearby and Spittlefields Market which is near by and then go buy a lovely curry and some cool funky retro clothing and then a bagel from the 24hr bagel shop at the top of Brick Lane and ........let us know how you get on?

Much Oblige.....

It was the day I went into a coma - this is straight up and not a joke!

I'm glad I'm not the only devils advocate who looks at situations with a contrarian point of view.

I have never even considered that the "'08 hoax" was really a hoax, but it's not something that is popular to talk about.

ah Sasfooty. So glad to see you :)

Glad to see you reconsidered leaving us.

BTW, what is a curry?

One thing I was thinking of with the film. If the cameraman was really knocked over just before Rick Dyer shot the fatal bullet in the Bigfoot, the camera would be on the ground so I am guessing that in the film the actually shooting wouldnt show - Unless there was another cameraman.

Thats something atleast :(