Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I haven't time to read all the way through the thread, has anyone discussed the smell of a body stored for so long? I do taxidermy work and I can tell you, an animal skin or body in a refrigerated state for many days will be intolerable to deal with. We are talking many months. If frozen, it would still have to be protected in a body bag to prevent freezer burn. If it is refrigerated as I have been told, it would be EXTEMELY pungent and given the smell already associated with them, I would think he would mention that.

KB

He mentioned the minty smell... most likely embalming fluid and the parasitic powder which wouldn't remove the smell of decomposition just as it wouldn't slow the process.

He mentioned the minty smell... most likely embalming fluid and the parasitic powder which wouldn't remove the smell of decomposition just as it wouldn't slow the process.

Could the parasitic powder have simply been Glade Carpet and Room Deodorizer? It would explain why Musky couldn't pull out any BF hairs...

It's not hard to sound sincere when you're making it up in your head... BUT it could fall on the interviewers. They didn't ask any investigating questions at all, which makes sense since they bought in immediately. They're looking for answers that backup their theory, not answers that expose the truth. They're more worried about verifying their checklist as a valid method instead of finding out details. It's extremely easy to answer the questions asked when they're softball questions. It's almost like asking and answering yourself a Q&A on your blog...oh wait.

Lol thanks, it's a work in progress...I'll update when I've finished him! I have him laid out on a gurney at the minute waiting to be painted haha

I hope it's not one of the old wooden gurneys. ( economic crunch ) I'd hate for you to get a splinter. ( please tell me you get that ) LOL!

Edited by simplyskyla

In the real world, decomposition is a scientific fact. I can describe exactly what will happen to you when you die (not how unfortunately -- why take the mystery away? ) and there is nothing that will change it. It's nature doing its thing. Bigfoot is not immune to it.

I don't know exactly what happens to "you" when you die, but I can tell you what happens to a steer. Skipping the gory details, he can hang in a cooler, just above freezing for weeks, just aging & getting more tender. After he's cut up, packaged & frozen, he can be thawed a year later, & a ribeye will look and taste almost exactly like it did when it was first butchered.

Since I've never seen a frozen bigfoot, I can't say if it would be exactly the same with them, but freezing would definitely keep one relatively fresh. Especially with the organs removed & the inside treated with salt or some other preservative.

I don't know exactly what happens to "you" when you die, but I can tell you what happens to a steer. Skipping the gory details, he can hang in a cooler, just above freezing for weeks, just aging & getting more tender. After he's cut up, packaged & frozen, he can be thawed a year later, & a ribeye will look and taste almost exactly like it did when it was first butchered.

Since I've never seen a frozen bigfoot, I can't say if it would be exactly the same with them, but freezing would definitely keep one relatively fresh. Especially with the organs removed & the inside treated with salt or some other preservative.

I believe musky said the animal was not frozen. ( before viewing, because it would damage the skin tissue or something like that )

Ok I'm curious if musky could not be validated as a member or if he left on his own accord. Is this an inappropriate questions mods?

Be nice Glascow :nono: - Jacki has been making you a wee Scottish McBigfoot mug, (for when we 'ladies get together for tea and scotch)

Take no notice Violet, It's just my wicked sense of Scottish humour. I'm harmless remember! No matter the outcome we'll raise a glass I'm sure (just not in RD's direction!). Och Aye Lass!

It's no waste of time. If Musky goofed on this detail, then we can assume he goofed on other details. Again, he was very clear in his description.

Regardless, the biggest concern is not about the "type" of gurney but the size of the gurney.

How can you fit something that's 38" wide, on a surface that's 24" wide, without the arms falling down and without using straps?

• He did not mention straps
  • He did not mention a board or other material, on top of the gurney
  • He DID mention an additional gurney being used to accommodate the length of the Bigfoot
  • He did not mention any alterations made to accommodate the width or girth of the creature

If I were going to move the 800 lb body of my Bigfoot, I would strap the thing on to the surface so it would not fall off. Also, I would not want the arms falling off the side to drag on the floor.

Musky did not say a peep about this "minor or insignificant" detail.

I am a medic and ER Trauma tech with 14 years of EMS experience. I have personally transported a pt over 900 lbs and easily over 38" wide using the Stryker Bari stretcher seen here: http://d1hbru03z3491h.cloudfront.net/includes/files/assets/files/1323370322_MX-PRO-BariatricSpecSheet.pdf. Large EMS stretchers/cots exist and can also be found in most large hospitals, usually in the emergency department.

I hope it's not one of the old wooden gurneys. ( economic crunch ) I'd hate for you to get a splinter. ( please tell me you get that ) LOL!

Hahaha I'm catching what your throwing :) I already got a splinter, well..... the hair to make him at least as the next project lol then I might lay him out and ask musky to visit lol

Guest Thepattywagon

Try hanging an ungutted steer and see how long it takes before you can't enter the cooler without a nose plug.

It's not just the removal of entrails that is necessary, but the opening of the cavity that holds all of those goodies. Gases build very quickly if it's not done, and they don't smell 'minty'.

Fish have to be gutted if they are to be kept 'fresh' under ice for longer than a few days. Even that's pushing it, depending on species. The temp in a commercial fish (ice) box is also just above freezing.

Okay, as I'm listening to this FB/FB interview, I have to say, Musky is sounding sincere in his account.

I find this a bit disturbing. If it is indeed a hoax, MA needs to become a member of an Actor's Guild. His account is sounding quite compelling.

Is Rick Dyer going to have the last laugh?

I'm with you on this...this guy is NOT an actor and you'd have to be a VERY GOOD one to pull off his performance if he was a SHILL for Dyer.

Guest VioletX

Take no notice Violet, It's just my wicked sense of Scottish humour. I'm harmless remember! No matter the outcome we'll raise a glass I'm sure (just not in RD's direction!). Och Aye Lass!

:drinks:

We can toast to the Bigfoot if you like!

Try hanging an ungutted steer and see how long it takes before you can't enter the cooler without a nose plug.

Who said he was unngutted? I'm pretty sure I heard that the internal organs had been removed.

I was thinking about how long the medical universities keep cadavers, & how they preserve them, so using my friend, Google, I found this:

The methods of preserving cadavers have changed over the last 200 years. At that time, cadavers had to be used immediately because there were no adequate methods to keep the body from quickly decaying. Preservation was needed in order to carry out classes and lessons about the human body.

Glutaraldehyde was the first main chemical used for embalming and preserving the body although leaves a yellow stain in the tissues, which can interfere with observation and research.

Formaldehyde is the chemical that is used as the main embalming chemical now. It is a colorless solution that maintains the tissue in its lifelike texture and can keep the body well preserved for an extended period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver

Edited by Sasfooty