Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really hope my red flags are just natural precautionary measures for such a fantastic claim.

Please keep us posted on your involvement, if any? It would be very interesting to get some fresh perspectives communicating directly with Ed Smith and see if there really is any cake behind all the frosting.

I hope you have a great New Year's Eve.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Play by Play, Updated:

• First reported on Bigfoot Evidence on Thursday, December 27, 2012. (Good thing the world didn't end on the 21st)
  • Report was of a text message leaked by Ed Smith.
  • The text was sent by a member of the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center, Quantra Team (The Original 6), whatever that means.
  • The text stated "Daisy is in the Box", which is a code phrase for a Bigfoot (possibly Female) has been captured.
  • The Rumour Mill fires up.
  • Dec. 27, D.W. Lee does not deny the capture, and states that it did not happen in Oklahoma.
  • Dec. 28, Bigfoot Evidence reports that the Bigfoot Chicks interviewed D.W. Lee, who stated a trap was specially designed with a trigger set to close if a 350+ pound weight steps on a plate, and that a team of privately contracted scientist will examine the evidence.
  • Dec. 28, Ed Smith reports that the Bigfoot was moved from the capture site to the examination site during the early morning hours (12 miles between the two sites).
  • MABRC website crashes due to too many hits.
  • Tim Fasano says something false and not worth mentioning.
  • MABRC get their website back up and running.
  • D.W. Lee states that Ed Smith will be posting a 90 page document regarding the capture.
  • Dec. 29, More Rumours. Matt Moneymaker claims that no bigfoot has been captured. (I guess he's protecting his tv show, after all, Matt's out of work if Bigfoot is actually found; step aside Amateurs, step in Scientists)
  • Ed Smith states that he will not provide any further updates, and that any updates will come directly from Team Quantra.
  • D.W. Lee, MABRC Executive Director, has referenced us as people on the blogs, and we've been told to be patient.
  • Dec. 30, Midnight, BFF member and member of MABRC, Driveroperator, explains what he knows about "Team Quantra" & Ed Smith: A group of wealthy and technologically gifted college friends who have, for the past decade, been researching an area in Oklahoma with success, however Ed Smith was too eager to go public and therefore left the group. MABRC was the organization of choice for "Team Quantra" due to Geographic convenience.

Edited by Mounty

Guest OntarioSquatch

From William Parcher (JREF) :)

Original 6 members:

Ed Smith

Ed Smith

Ed Smith

Ed Smith

Ed Smith

Ed Smith

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Shaun, I did not say Dr. Meldrum had not been contacted - I do not know if he has been or not. I do not speak for others - especially Dr. Meldrum. Maybe I should have been clearer, and for that I am sorry.

Edited to add: I should mention that I was told Ed Smith is out of town on business. So, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about a "conference" until later this week or next at the earliest. If I read the comment right by Ed Smith - this is also a proposed conference and nothing set in stone. If anyone would like to correct me on that last point, feel free.

I asked jeff meldrum whether he had been contacted regarding this ordeal, the answer was 'No I have not'.

With this and Melissa not being contacted I'm leaning toward BS.

Wouldn't you have at least worded up the people you had mentioned in your posts first????

Edited by lil foot

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really hope my red flags are just natural precautionary measures for such a fantastic claim.

You're very welcome. Although I really don't think I supplied very much information. I don't think I am badmouthing anyone when I say - we should all be cautious when it comes to new "claims" of any kind.

Please keep us posted on your involvement, if any? It would be very interesting to get some fresh perspectives communicating directly with Ed Smith and see if there really is any cake behind all the frosting.

Cake? Do you think there will be cake? LMAO.. Sorry, but I had to.. :)

I will be happy to, Polypodium. I just hope that everyone will understand when I say, I will not speculate. I will simply discuss what I can - as factually as I can - as I always have.

I hope you have a great New Year's Eve.

I hope your New Year's Eve was just as wonderful :)

lil foot wrote:

With this and Melissa not being contacted I'm leaning toward BS.

Wouldn't you have at least worded up the people you had mentioned in your posts first????

Maybe you missed my post in reference to this (maybe you didn't) but I will try to say this again. Ed's actual post concerning a "telephone conference" was not something set in stone. If you read his comment again he was discussing it as a possibility. Also, Ed is out of town on business, I believe until Wednesday, and he is trying to talk the members of "Quantra" into participation in the "conference". I would not expect to hear from Ed concerning this until (the very earliest) the end of this week or even late next week. IF this happens it will be solely dependent on the members of the "Quantra" group.

As always (even with my own field work) I remain very skeptical, but am willing to hear what Ed and the people with "Quantra" have to say. If they decide to talk.

My prediction- we will never hear from Team Quantra.

Tim B.

You could be right.. Who knows.

Also, as a side note. I just wanted to add quickly. This comment is not in support of anything - simply stating a fact.

The fact that this community does not know anything about this group, "Quantra" does not mean they don't exist. I know of a few small groups throughout the country that are independent and do not get on the Bigfoot internet forums, they won't, and they like it like that. Does that mean they do not exist? No - it means they simply do what they do - and do not feel the need to get involved in the larger community.

So, am I bothered by the fact that I have never spoken to these people and don't know who they are? No not at all. As I am sure I know names of researchers and groups - no one on this site or any other Bigfoot related site - has ever heard of - but that does not mean they don't exist.

I am not defending Ed Smith or anyone else - I am simply stating a fact. So, lets see where this goes and see if Ed can get these guys/gals to talk.

Edited by Melissa

BFF Patron

Shoot I was hoping we'd get a new patented Magic Box out of this whole thing to put in the Bigfoot Museum and Miniature Golf Course.

When something sound too good to be true.....it usually is. In 45 years we havnt had any thing close to the quality/length of PGF film. My honest opinion is this creature is far to intelligent to find itself caught in a trap.

It just sounds too much something Michael Crichton would write a novel about, in fact he is probably kicking himself up in the big sky for never writing something like this.