Will All Of You Please Sign This Petition To Protect The Sasquatch?

This latest move worries me somewhat.

Last week we had the request for designs for a clothing range, this week there is a petition which has several holes punched right through it on this thread already. Surely someone on the verge of something this big has got more important things to be getting on with?

Has anyone actually SPOKEN to these bloodthirsty hunters, who are going to arm up, run out, and bag a sasquatch?

Maybe I hang out in more cultured company (hahaha), but I don't think anybody I know is at the range, today, sighting in their Weatherby for bigfoot season.

I was asked by a Ketchum DNA expert insider to start a petition to protect them once the DNA is released.

Really? Then I think "a Ketchum DNA expert insider" should have been responsible and done it themselves,

and let that Expert also be responsible for yet another awkward indescretion from a premature posting.

I am trying to be supportive of Dr. Ketchum and her work; but this sort of antic makes it hard to maintain respect.

Meanwhile, SweetSusiq will take the heat from the fallout and that will be appropriate.

Guest VioletX

It won't take long at all. Once the DNA is out in a peer reviewed journal, the scientific community as a whole will chime in. They will call on the USFWS to act. The USFWS has the ability to place a species on the protection list and then they are required to study the species to determine if they are truly rare, threatened, or endangered. If they find they are, they stay on the list. If they find they aren't, they come off the list. All species on the Endangered Species list are automatically protected from hunting and stiff penalties for violation of the act are already in place. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks HM

There will be no need for any petition after science accepts the species to be real. There are already laws in place to protect rare species - it's called the Endangered Species Act. US Fish and Wildlife has the power to place bigfoot on that list after reviewing the DNA evidence.

When is the DNA evidence going to be published SweetSusiq?

Really soon, and I know that all of us have been hearing this for *years* but it will be out *really* soon. I just do not want them hunted when the world realizes that there really is something that goes "Bump" in the night in our forests pretty much all over America. I fear traps being planted, groups going out to "bag" a BF and actually being successful:( I understand how talented these creatures are at avoiding humans, yet Justin Smeaja (sp?)killed 2!!! I wish that I could rewrite the petition, but 2 petitions would be worse than one that got published *before* I was finished writing it:(

Really? Then I think "a Ketchum DNA expert insider" should have been responsible and done it themselves,

and let that Expert also be responsible for yet another awkward indescretion from a premature posting.

I am trying to be supportive of Dr. Ketchum and her work; but this sort of antic makes it hard to maintain respect.

Meanwhile, SweetSusiq will take the heat from the fallout and that will be appropriate.

I was asked to do this, and I did. My heart is in the right place for me because I truly would hate to see them being considered as "sport" animals:( Without protection we could end up with some needless deaths of this species in my humble opinion:(

Sadly, Wildman, I agree. But I accepted the work and I'm trying to protect them so I guess that I will need to continue with this effort since I accepted this request. Trust me, never again, but right now I gave my word and it has been a difficult journey that I would change if I could do so. .

This latest move worries me somewhat.

Last week we had the request for designs for a clothing range, this week there is a petition which has several holes punched right through it on this thread already. Surely someone on the verge of something this big has got more important things to be getting on with?

Mark, Are you serious? Someone asked for clothing ideas relating to Sasquatch here? Jiminy Crickets! Now I show up with this! I am no longer wondering what the problem is...I now know. Sadly, However, I think there is nothing left to do but wait for the DNA results which will be such a relief for me and a lot of other people who have been trying to help for the past couple of years to set things up for the DNA release to go smoothly.

When a body is finally presented to science, there will be zero doubt they are another form of human, and, shooting one will incur the same penaltys as shooting your neighbor. Unless it is done in self defense.

When chimps, bonobos, and gorillas are reclassified as Homo, will it also be a capital offense to shoot one of them? Will they be granted voting rights and will they qualify for Food Stamps?

Susiq,

You say "never again" ...you would never again what?

Trust me when I say that I will never again start a petition to protect an unrecognized species. YIKES! Hopefully when the DNA is released we will be able to have enough signatures to have federal protection against hunting or trapping this species.

When chimps, bonobos, and gorillas are reclassified as Homo, will it also be a capital offense to shoot one of them? Will they be granted voting rights and will they qualify for Food Stamps?

This species is not human. I think that the scientists are "playing" it that way to try to protect them. I believe that we can protect them without calling them human.

I think once the study is published you'll see those numbers (signatures) start to climb! I just hope it happens before the deadline!

edited to fix voice recognition screw ups!

Edited by chelefoot

I will sign it the same day the DNA study gets published. Sounds like I need to get my pen ready???

I also hope that you will need your pen ready either this week or next week at the latest. I've been told it is close and to please start this petition. From what I have learned from this group I should have been asked to have a petition ready to go when the DNA was released. Live and learn, but next time someone asks this of me I will respectfully DECLINE!

<p><p>

Protect the Sasquatch!

Goodness knows they need it ;)

I think they are safer than I am at the moment. I wish that I had thought to ask if I could wait and have the petition ready to go on the release date of the DNA. I know that this species can and does take care of itself from most hunters, yet with legal protection situations such as Justin Smeaja's would end up with him in jail or at least fined instead of being a well known pseudo-celebrity.

Edited by SweetSusiq