Will All Of You Please Sign This Petition To Protect The Sasquatch?

If they are as widespread as I believe and live in all these different environments (some on he edge of suburbia), who will be able to police the yahoos who want to hunt a small family?

Then it goes beyond hunting, what about the flower children who will hunt them down just to talk and try to hug one? What happens when said flower child is crushed and killed?

If they are deemed human will we try and subjugate them to our laws?

Confirmation of BF would be society changing mark my words!

Lets not delve into if they can communicate as I suspect in our language! After time a small group may become comfortable enough to talk to people, what can they tell us about history? How many of you know history isn't exactly how it was written.

Picture this: 20 years after BF is confirmed, at least a small sect of them are comfortable with humans and communicate with us. A media outlet persuades a group to do an interview (we figure out what language they use if not English), and they ask them questions. The BF recounts history from THEIR perspective!

SSR Team

Well at the moment they are up to 649 signatures. Now that MK has promoted and has signed the petition, to the best of my knowledge none of the below names have joined in. I did breeze through the list quickly and they could be there.

David Paulides

Wally Hersom

Derek Randles

Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh

Dennis Pfohl

In addition there are still no links to this petition on the Olympic Project, NABS, DNA Diagnostics or Erickson Project web pages.

I wonder if they are all communicating and if there is any team feeling between Melba and the key submitters/ financial backers?

Once again, to me, unfortunately, it just seems so amateurish.

Once again, to me, unfortunately, it just seems so amateurish.

I could not agree more. This petition being run by SSQ, Dr. K's choices in PR people past and present, the press release in Nov. and the constant use of the word "soon" all seem amateurish.

Like I said in another thread, I understand that she did not start this petition but she cetrtainly has endorsed it. My question is why has no one else in the inner sanctum publicly started carrying the torch? They appear to believe she's got the goods.

Personally, I would not sign a petition to protect a creature not verified to exist and has not been studied by science. Perhaps I would when there is definative information available to make such a desicion. Maybe that info will be available prior to the expiration date and my name will be signature 25,001.

I do wish her and her team well and do hope they have the goods. They just leave me with so many questions.

Edited by Polypodium

Guest Thepattywagon

Either she is so supremely confident in a publishing date by a reputable journal that any PR missteps are insignificant OR she and her team don't yet understand how certain things can appear to us who are not on the "inside".

JDL post #91 at the top of page: "We're talking about a species that often intentionally

puts itself in contact with people, exhibiting the kind of behavior that would greatly

disturb us if it were engaged in by another human."

..... "The voices for protecting people from squatch will be as loud or louder.

Squatch are the subject of more horror movies than feel good movies."

That plus his level-head comments that they obviously don't need our protection.

If the US Gov't 1) acknowledges that they exist, & 2) agrees to protect them, I

don't necessarily think that's best for Bigfoot. Gov't interference isn't always

balanced or beneficial.

And 3) If Sasquatch were Known to exist, were taken seriously, defensive paranoia

could well be a big problem, with many demanding that they be killed or confined.

Points 2 & 3 conflict: They don't need protection Now. Hmmm. But maybe they will

soon need it.

I am reminded of something I read many years ago, a statement that all primitive,

thriving cultures that have come into contact with us-civilized folks have suffered badly

for it. We want to control and absorb. We only accept others if they flatter us with

imitation. Result: Those people were assimilated and their cultures destroyed.

My hope is the Bushmen have avoided that fate.

Wait a minute. Melba put forth a press release calling for constitutional rights. Constitutional rights are for humans not animals.If Ketchum is "playing" the results, portraying them as something they're not, well that sounds like deception to me and is a big, fat red flag for this study. Maybe that's why this peer-reviews taken so long? Trying to pass off results as something they're not?

she never asked for constitutional rights just wants vthem protected

Edited by zigoapex

Hi SusiQ...Who asked you to start the petition, if you don't mind the question? And who else has been helping to create this "smooth transition?"

Edit to add: You claim the species is not human, but hasn't Dr. K gone on record in interviews saying that they are a type of human?

From the press release:(underlining mine)

“Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them.â€

^^^Umm, yeah, she did.

Edited by notgiganto

I call for an immediate march on Washington, the "Million Bigfoot March". It's long past time for Bigfoot to be afforded all the rights granted under the Constitution!!

she never asked for constitutional rights just wants vthem protected

From the press release:

"Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights" 

So we have Ketchum saying they're human, but SusiQ saying the scientists are just pretending that they're human, but are really an animal.

SS, do you have me on ignore, I just posted that??? :P Your point is good and right...one person is saying one thing, and another, supposedly affiliated, seems to indicate something else <shaking head, with facepalm>

Edited by notgiganto

Guest OntarioSquatch

Quote from wiki: "While not very common, a few animal species have been recognized as being the result of hybridization. The Lonicera fly is an example of a novel animalspecies that resulted from natural hybridization. The American red wolf too appear to be a hybrid species between gray wolf and coyote."

I think it would be a matter of whether they will be considered human or not. But whatever the case may be, they will first need to be proven to actually exist.

SS, do you have me on ignore, I just posted that??? :P Your point is good and right...one person is saying one thing, and another, supposedly affiliated, seems to indicate something else <shaking head, with facepalm>

I didn't see your post, I'm having a problem with posts not showing then suddenly appearing. Yes this petition and that comment from SusiQ strike me as game playing.

SS, I was just having some issues as well!

Bing bing, OS! Always was, and will be, step one! Question is, do witnesses and knowers really want that? As a person who is neither, this is getting the cart well before the horse.

Dr. K et al., please, give us the bloody horse! If not, stop your followers from throwing the cart at us!!! The cart doesn't make the horse more real! Erickson, or whomever, RELEASE THE FOOTAGE, IF YOU HAVE IT!! If you don't, you lose support by the day, and destroy your credibility! This whole debacle looks more and more like the typical hoax...Breadcrumbs/leaks (such as the recent webpage) are no longer enough, even for the diligent and hopeful. I think I speak for many hopeful folks in saying that we are pretty much done...

Since it has been a matter of YEARS..."soon" no longer "cuts the mustard." Weeks are again months. It all looks like a bunch of hooey. If hands in DNA research are tied by NDA or journal restrictions, then just release this wonderful footage that you claim you have. That still will not be enough, but if as good as claimed, then at least it is SOMETHING, esp. once the actual research is released....JEEZ. But if you had it, wouldn't it make sense to release it to the press before the white paper, if you had a good PR person, and wanted to "whip up a fervor"? Sorry for the rant...I have to just say that my personal end date is nigh, and actually well passed...We are entering the "this is a joke, right?" phase of things...The recent Ed Smith hoax, Ketchum debacle and Sierra Kills claims are all equivalent to me at this point....Not a good place to be as a 'footer...

<giant sigh>

Just a reasonable plea, not a demand, at this point, I think...

SS, I was just having some issues as well!

Bing bing, OS! Always was, and will be, step one! Question is, do witnesses and knowers really want that? As a person who is neither, this is getting the cart well before the horse.

Dr. K et al., please, give us the bloody horse! If not, stop your followers from throwing the cart at us!!! The cart doesn't make the horse more real! Erickson, or whomever, RELEASE THE FOOTAGE, IF YOU HAVE IT!! If you don't, you lose support by the day, and destroy your credibility! This whole debacle looks more and more like the typical hoax...Breadcrumbs/leaks (such as the recent webpage) are no longer enough, even for the diligent and hopeful. I think I speak for many hopeful folks in saying that we are pretty much done...

Since it has been a matter of YEARS..."soon" no longer "cuts the mustard." Weeks are again months. It all looks like a bunch of hooey. If hands in DNA research are tied by NDA or journal restrictions, then just release this wonderful footage that you claim you have. That still will not be enough, but if as good as claimed, then at least it is SOMETHING, esp. once the actual research is released....JEEZ. But if you had it, wouldn't it make sense to release it to the press before the white paper, if you had a good PR person, and wanted to "whip up a fervor"? Sorry for the rant...I have to just say that my personal end date is nigh, and actually well passed...We are entering the "this is a joke, right?" phase of things...The recent Ed Smith hoax, Ketchum debacle and Sierra Kills claims are all equivalent to me at this point....Not a good place to be as a 'footer...

<giant sigh>

Just a reasonable plea, not a demand, at this point, I think...

Holy cow, this is what I have been wanting to say, just not brave or smart enough. Thank you!!!!