Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

Well, this is where I hunt and fish much of the time. These shots are in the central part of the state where I have enjoyed many years of great wild pig hunts.

11.jpg

03.jpg

16.jpg

Guest tracker

Well, this is where I hunt and fish much of the time. These shots are in the central part of the state where I have enjoyed many years of great wild pig hunts.

11.jpg

03.jpg

16.jpg

Is it me or are those trees kinda creepy looking ? cool pics wink.gif

Guest COGrizzly

I don't know those are pretty high for elk rubbings and there's no claw marks. Do porkies suspend mid trunk to feed ? I've seen them on branches having a go at the trunk.

I would agree that 8 foot is a bit high - see below. I do not think they are rubbings, I think they are teeth marks from elk eating the bark. Elk teach their young to eat the bark while the young are teething. Like Tsalagi said, I think the bark contains a pain killer. Aspen - Aspirin...some say it's how Aspirin got it's name. Also, the Ute Indians use to stick some bark in their cheek to relieve pain. You can also rub the "dust" on the bark of the tree, then wipe it on exposed skin for sun protection. It works. I've tried it.

Now - back to the photos. Flightmedic said 8 feet at the bottom from the ground. So flightmedic is 8 feet tall? The teeth marks are at eye level.

Guest tracker

A pic from last night at my fave fishing spot.

nice shot and i don't see any big bugs either !smile.gif

I would agree that 8 foot is a bit high - see below. I do not think they are rubbings, I think they are teeth marks from elk eating the bark. Elk teach their young to eat the bark while the young are teething. Like Tsalagi said, I think the bark contains a pain killer. Aspen - Aspirin...some say it's how Aspirin got it's name. Also, the Ute Indians use to stick some bark in their cheek to relieve pain. You can also rub the "dust" on the bark of the tree, then wipe it on exposed skin for sun protection. It works. I've tried it.

Now - back to the photos. Flightmedic said 8 feet at the bottom from the ground. So flightmedic is 8 feet tall? The teeth marks are at eye level.

Snow there get's pretty deep and I have now heard it's from Moose or Elk chewing the bark. The photos are deceptive as I'm shooting them from a trail at the trees which are some feet away from the path.

BFF Patron
I believe aspen also contains a medicine similar to aspirin.

Don't know about aspen per se, willow bark has the salicylates in it that aspirin is derived from as I remember.

Guest Tsalagi

nice shot and i don't see any big bugs either !smile.gif

If there had been big bugs it would have been a pic of me running flailing arms about. I hate bugs!

Guest Tsalagi

11.jpg

03.jpg

16.jpg

Is this in Florida? I remember seeing spanish moss draped over trees driving through certain parts of the state years ago. That's what's in the trees right? Great pics. I love old looking places with old abandon barns, homesteads, anything nostalgic or eerily deserted looking. lol

Is this in Florida? I remember seeing spanish moss draped over trees driving through certain parts of the state years ago. That's what's in the trees right? Great pics. I love old looking places with old abandon barns, homesteads, anything nostalgic or eerily deserted looking. lol

It's Louisiana. You're right about the Spanish moss, though!

a game cam picture I got while the camera was sitting on a picnic table at the same campsite I had my encounter in. This was a year or two after my encounter there. The second picture looks like a head without any pointy ears you would expect on a raccoon or other small animal, etc. But the logo at the bottom of the camera falls directly in line with the neck...giving you a false indication of a collar.

There was a bag of goodies hanging as bait on the lantern post in the background, but something was peeking over the table which had camping supplies on it with a game cam pointed towards the bag.

http://aV16eryr.jpg

http://aV16ecAA.jpg

I am also having a hard time seeing a leg in the other picture...looks more like an arm and lat with hair on top of the shoulder. any other guesses?

post-32-091869500 1310345023_thumb.jpg

post-32-090563100 1310345059_thumb.jpg

Edited by driveroperator

Guest tracker

a game cam picture I got while the camera was sitting on a picnic table at the same campsite I had my encounter in. This was a year or two after my encounter there. The second picture looks like a head without any pointy ears you would expect on a raccoon or other small animal, etc. But the logo at the bottom of the camera falls directly in line with the neck...giving you a false indication of a collar.

There was a bag of goodies hanging as bait on the lantern post in the background, but something was peeking over the table which had camping supplies on it with a game cam pointed towards the bag.

http://aV16eryr.jpg

http://aV16ecAA.jpg

I am also having a hard time seeing a leg in the other picture...looks more like an arm and lat with hair on top of the shoulder. any other guesses?

Interesting pics, how far away would you say that is from the cam? Biggies usually block out everything when close to any trail cam?

Interesting pics, how far away would you say that is from the cam? Biggies usually block out everything when close to any trail cam?

The camera was sitting on a campsite picnic table ( concrete) about 1 or 2 foot from the edge. I was expecting something to go for the bag of goodies hanging as bait.....not a close up washed out night vision flash. I was told by another researcher there that a young bigfoot frequents the park. The smaller one I saw a year earlier was about 5 or 6 ft, compared to the 8 foot plus daddy he was with. so this could have caught the young one scouring my campsite.

Here is another picture from the same park, It was taken a year before my encounter by a researcher friend of mine it was there in the park just up the hill in some woods. he was in the woods with a video camera and heard a grunt behind him...he spun around slowly while filming and later isolated this frame showing a gorilla type head and shoulders peering at him through the foilage.

http://c8aa.jpg

post-32-059006300 1310361586_thumb.jpg

Edited by driveroperator

Guest tracker

The camera was sitting on a campsite picnic table ( concrete) about 1 or 2 foot from the edge. I was expecting something to go for the bag of goodies hanging as bait.....not a close up washed out night vision flash. I was told by another researcher there that a young bigfoot frequents the park. The smaller one I saw a year earlier was about 5 or 6 ft, compared to the 8 foot plus daddy he was with. so this could have caught the young one scouring my campsite.

Here is another picture from the same park, It was taken a year before my encounter by a researcher friend of mine it was there in the park just up the hill in some woods. he was in the woods with a video camera and heard a grunt behind him...he spun around slowly while filming and later isolated this frame showing a gorilla type head and shoulders peering at him through the foilage.

http://c8aa.jpg

The shadow people are hard to see. Sometimes i call them that because they can blend very well for large creatures.