Any Researchers In Honobia,ok

Guest onthelooseagain

Guest onthelooseagain

hey, got a question, is there anybody doing research in honobia? reason is, i am house/pet sitting in the honobia area. yesterday morning and this morning i heard a long high pitched howl at about 645am. i couldn't sleep good last nite and i went outside about 345 am and i heard a long drawn out deep growl with short grunts behind it. all these sounds sounded human, or like call blasting. i am going to set my recorder out and hopefully get something, and it will actually work right, and take my video camera out everytime i go outside. this persons home is nestled in the woods, not far from little river. i will be checking a couple of times a week. don't have tv or internet there. :o:O

Guest zenmonkey

Headed there as soon as I get a few days from work

Hey Gearman can you tell us a little bit about the sightings that you had down there?  thanks

Guest onthelooseagain

well, i am house/pet sitting in the honobia area, i just wanted to make sure there were't any other researchers doing vocals. i did figure out the long high pitch howl, come to find out it's in the persons water system or septic, and it does it 3 or 4 times a day. but on the other hand the other growl type thing was 330am and i still haven't identified that one yet. i also got some interesting wood knocks during the day in between storms the other day. i know this area is very rich in sightings and such, and i just wanted to make sure i'm not recording someone elses call blastings. i don't get on the computer much, may 1 or 2 times a week, sheesh not even cell service and no tv there. i am going to research a place nearby, the person lives off the grid and their land butts up to the honobia wildlife refuge, the person believes they have had some activity. :no:  :no: 

Headed there as soon as I get a few days from work

Hey Gearman can you tell us a little bit about the sightings that you had down there?  thanks

We were in a larger group spread out and another guy had a sighting not me but I was involved in going to some spots where we found some tracks and also when I had to leave unplanned at midnight with my son ill after doing some extended outdoor cooking (to attract attention with Kingsford fired steak, hot links, onions, garlic, peppers etc) the other folks also fired up there vehicles to head out and return to the others and they saw something with gray hair hiding behind some trees in the woodline over 6 ft high right behind where I was cooking at the base of a mountain in a protected "gravel pit" kind of area near the dumpster which are near the old Humphreys homestead where "The Siege" occurred. The sighting I referred was of a big fella and down the ridge a good ways down from our base camp. Some giant 22'' tracks were cast in that area as well as some smaller more normal sized ones in some areas I explored. Several of the guys had thermals and did run across a thermal hit of a mountain lion on a night hike and also on Sunday night a small black bear came boldly into basecamp and stirred everyone up at 2 AM driving them to sleep in their vehicles. I believe some vocals were heard and maybe recorded too, it was a decent weekend about 3 weeks ago. Track casts are not spectacular due to typical Oklahoma terrain and rocky soil and leaves litter but toes details were present as was correct overall shape and proportions. In an alternate location across McCurtain County where tracks were found and the same spot as the sighting of adult and baby BF where DW took the I phone pic of the baby, I found a manipulation of a large fell tree that had smaller branches stacked around to make a blind or shelter of sorts where one could fit inside, it was plenty of room for me and I am 6'1" @ 295# https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151436114846453&set=gm.581126768576036&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151439764466453&set=t.530866452&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151439764571453&set=t.530866452&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151439764586453&set=pb.530866452.-2207520000.1371680495.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151439764436453&set=pb.530866452.-2207520000.1371680495.&type=3&theater

Edited by GEARMAN

Pretty much in some of the cabins that are out away from people. Or anyplace in the National Forest to Honobia,

they travel the Little River too.

KB

Go to the Honobia Creek Store on a Friday evening for all you can eat fried catfish with all the trimmings with cobbler and a cold refreshing Sioux City Sasparilla then  pick any direction! LOL

Guest zenmonkey

Awesome thanks for the info guys. Just need some time off of work and I will pack up and head down that area all my life in ok and never been through there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zenmonkey

I passed through honobia yesterday heading in from broken bow lake back to okc I hafta say wow that place is like another planet I was blown away I had my 2 kids and my wife with me so we just passed by but next weekend off im loading up and heading up there!

Right on! Check out Cedar Lake on the N side of the Talimena Scenic drive Hwy 1 just North of Honobia. Pretty regular activity besides usual Honobia and Little River areas.

Zen,

Watch out for chiggers, ticks and snakes.    On the way home you can always stop by Meers and have a Meers burger.  Be prepared and bring a friend, those things are as big as a dinner plate. 

Also I've heard rumors that they hang around near the dump in Honobia.