Any Researchers In Honobia,ok

Guest onthelooseagain

I believe Zen lives way North near OKC and we have easily made that detour to Meers, no big deal.....

Peace

Meers is near Lawton I think, if I find my self passing thru I will try to have one.

Just be careful everyone...and don't expect a warm reception from the locals after the BFRO fiasco.

Fiasco of year 2000 "Siege" ? Doubt that is a concern

Guest zenmonkey

uh oh what happened with the BFRO?? Matt how are you still in GA? and im about to leave now to go pick up my new travel tailer so I can be a little more comfy out there lol and yes I live in OKC anyone close by?

Edited by zenmonkey

I live in Broken Arrow.. Have never been to Honobia but hope to go one day.. I hear there is good deer hunting down there, so maybe I will check out the area this fall..

GEARMAN, you've made some pretty bold statements in this thread about ongoing activity around Honobia.  I know the "Siege" took place in 2000, and there was lots of activity before that.  "Bigfootville" isn't just Honobia, but that program was first aired in I think 2002.  It's now 2013, and you and others are claiming that the general area is still a hotbed of bigfoot activity.

I can't recall anyplace in the country with as many claims of bigfoot activity (both historical and recent) as southeastern Oklahoma.  In your opinion, what keeps even a decent photograph of a bigfoot from coming from this area of eastern Oklahoma?

^^^I'll hazard an answer to that:

1.  Scarcity of the animal, easily surpassed by

2.  Scarcity of people prepared in general to take pictures of wild animals.

Generally, if it isn't habituated to humans, forget pictures of animals unless you're a wildlife photographer dedicated to the task.

(Game cameras haven't been in use long enough to reasonably expect results.)

Then there's the occasional guy that puts the lie to that one:

http://woodape.org/index.php/about-bigfoot/articles/220-oklahoma-prairie-photos

Say what one wants about the clarity - which proves my point - there's a compelling case made, which must be addressed, for what those photos represent.

GEARMAN, you've made some pretty bold statements in this thread about ongoing activity around Honobia.  I know the "Siege" took place in 2000, and there was lots of activity before that.  "Bigfootville" isn't just Honobia, but that program was first aired in I think 2002.  It's now 2013, and you and others are claiming that the general area is still a hotbed of bigfoot activity.

I can't recall anyplace in the country with as many claims of bigfoot activity (both historical and recent) as southeastern Oklahoma.  In your opinion, what keeps even a decent photograph of a bigfoot from coming from this area of eastern Oklahoma?

Thats an easy answer and applies to most situations of bigfoot sightings. This includes researchers on an outing.,  1. brief sightings usually occur at night (not enough light for a picture) 2. Sightings are too brief for time to even get or energize your camera (day or night) to even take the shot (that even if its in your hands) plus the lighting.  3. Distance (always an issue)  4. Digital camers, (too slow usually on auto focus versus old school 35mm already on infinity distance is instant plus digital zoom is terrible, optical zoom is the only chance you have. As far activiy, if you have ever spent any time researching in the area (see Bipto as well) over the years it has always produced something and if not you probably a friend or acquaintance that is into Bigfoot research too. Also I am not stating only SE is consistantly having activity. NE Oklahoma has just as much going on as the SE whether many of ya'll out there know it or not and also central Oklahoma on top of that. All 3 habitats varies greatly but there is activity in all those areas of the state believe it or not. There is a database project in work that consolidates known published sightings reports plus our groups reports many of which are not published and many other sources recent and historical that have made the sightings incident reports reach in excess of 1000-1500 incidents. Surely this post will create some interesting and possible negative responses :)

Edited by GEARMAN

Guest zenmonkey

well put gearman and DWA I stand beside you with that last statement gearman. sooooo what happend with the fiasco???

Fiasco as I would think but can't say if this is what was intended but according to one of the two brother witness (Mike) he said the account was not accurately portayed in some retellings like in Thom Powells book "The Locals" it was twisted a bit, not in full context. The BFRO obviously are the ones that responded to this initally (I am not accusing them of anything but Thom was member of BFRO back then
) as did local media and family involve suffered great ridicule from this, children and all. All I can tell you as I have met Mike a few times and he was serious as a heart attack about his feelings on all that transpired and was not happy , he also has some pretty interesting tales from his hunting in the area as he has seen them multiple times. 

There is a database project in work that consolidates known published sightings reports plus our groups reports many of which are not published and many other sources recent and historical that have made the sightings incident reports reach in excess of 1000-1500 incidents.

Fair enough.  It's dark, bigfoot is scary, etc., and that's why we can't get a decent photograph of one.

Here's another question then:  That's quite a large number of bigfooty incidents in the Sooner State.  At what point do we begin to consider a bigfoot incident to be getting rather mundane there?

There is a database project in work that consolidates known published sightings reports plus our groups reports many of which are not published and many other sources recent and historical that have made the sightings incident reports reach in excess of 1000-1500 incidents.

Fair enough.  It's dark, bigfoot is scary, etc., and that's why we can't get a decent photograph of one.

Here's another question then:  That's quite a large number of bigfooty incidents in the Sooner State.  At what point do we begin to consider a bigfoot incident to be getting rather mundane there?

Well, er, some rather condescension there.  Anybody with a bootsole understanding of the implications of what Gearman is saying - which I certainly have - wouldn't be inclined to toss it off like that.  If he were, you know, being honest.

And in a number of towns in that four-state area, bigfoot incidents are getting rather mundane.  It's just that the locals have decided that if they don't wanna know, forget 'em.

"Between hikes through the dense forest I explored the nearby community asking questions at opportune moments. Having a connection to the area helped open conversations and I was able to get a handful of witnesses to speak to me about their experiences with Bigfoot. What I uncovered was a surprise. One couple I spoke with has owned real estate in the area for 30 years. They said that on several occasions they saw a 9-foot “person†covered in hair but didn’t report it. Several of their guests had also seen the creature. Two gentlemen I met at a local café said they had seen it cross the river last winter. Whenever I asked about reporting these incidents a fascinating theme emerged. They didn’t fail to report out of fear of being ridiculed. Instead they believed that if the authorities were to find out, life would change."

http://boropulse.com/2012/10/finding-bigfoot/

I really don't see why people who stonewall the very idea have problems with folks going, oh well, OK, if they don't wanna deal, let 'em go on wondering.  We know.

It is mundane to hear reports sometimes as often you have no way to ask questions if you are not with the witness. I am sure it is always exciting to the witness when it happens. As DWA said, many are used it to and just live with it as far as some of the locals go. Others tell stories of what happened and descripe A typical BF stuff but swear it is something else like a Werewolf or a Ghost. LOL

Maybe I can put it another way in a random statistical way... when I was a still complete nubie to research only about two years into it will little to no field research yet I was stopping by a pretty place along the Moutain Fork River North of Broken Bow Lake off US 259 that I believe the locals call "The Narrows" . My son and I were just taking a break at spot riverside that used to be a low water crossing and another couple was there with there kid and a large Pitt Bull dog. They looked like your average low income looking country local type folks not tourists and as our kids played together in the river, I dug up the nerves to ask a question to the guy as I wasnot accustomed to talking to strangers about bigfoot. I asked him what kind of wildlife has experienced around there and I asked about anything unusual and he said "Your talking about Bigfoot" and I said "well..Yeah"  he went on to say he doesn't know whaty he saw but him and his wife were in that same area in the woods and saw something dark, hairy, tall walking on two legs cross the clearing ahead of them and he simulated a arm swinging gait with a forward lurch to the position its head or posture. He said they looked at each other and were like "Did you see that!" and just as that happened they saw it again walk back across the other way. They got scared and got out of there. "He said I am not saying it was a bigfoot but this is what I saw" . So to my statistical point, what are the odds of one my very first try to talk to a local SE Oklahoman totally random but in a Squatchy place not far East of Honobia BTW, and they had a two person Class A report to tell me????  Kinda speaks volumes, never mind the "Bigfoot cellular" phone service Billboards, The "Bigfoot Beer" sign at a defunct closed old business to the North on the same road and on a Highway to the West near Atoka "Bigfoot BBQ" its not a secret and its not all made up. Just saying.

Edited by GEARMAN

Guest zenmonkey

Awesome story gearman I was at broken bow lake last weekend. Gah all this talk has got me itching and dreaming about honobia I honestly have stayed awake at night antsy to get back down there.keep up the stories guys!