Any Researchers In Honobia,ok

Guest onthelooseagain

^^^I'll hazard an answer to that:

1.  Scarcity of the animal, easily surpassed by

2.  Scarcity of people prepared in general to take pictures of wild animals.

Ok, let's try this again:

Option 3:  Scarcity of people willing to put up with the 3-ring circus, backbiting, etc involved in being a BF witness.

Last I talked to TG, he was perfectly happy to go about his life and leave all the BFRO storm and thunder behind.

For those who know, did those brothers involved in the seige become involved the search for bf. or did they just try to put as much distance as possible between them and the subject?  No details required, I am just interested in how their experience effected them if it is not betraying a confidence. I cant imagine being through what they did, kind of like a horror movie come to life.

I think the other brother moved away and has never been in the BF community and the other keeps to himself  for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who know, did those brothers involved in the seige become involved the search for bf. or did they just try to put as much distance as possible between them and the subject?  No details required, I am just interested in how their experience effected them if it is not betraying a confidence. I cant imagine being through what they did, kind of like a horror movie come to life.

Mostly the later, though TG does maintain a small board where he and a few of his friends hang out and swap stories and theories from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

The following is a pretty good documentary on Honobia, Ok.  It covers the bigfoot festival, some local history, and other things the area has to offer. Includes appearances by Meldrum, DriverOperator, and other researchers.  The video is 46 mins, but it's an easy/good watch....

I travel though this area several times each year (motorcycle trips) and plan to attend the next festival/conference (October).  The scenery is beautiful this time of year.

Guest zenmonkey

Hey thanks for the video i enjoyed it! I will also be going this year I just cant wait to get back down there and see the country side!

I lived in Oklahoma from '93 to 2002 (or should I say stuck there) and there's one thing that makes me skeptical of any Bigfoot being there. Yes there are lots of forested land in eastern OK, but in the winter all the foliage tends to fall off the trees and you can see right through the woods.

It just doesn't strike me as being a very good area for a creature who's survival depends on hiding.

Edited by roguefooter

You might be working that equation backwards Roguefooter. You might do better to ask: How does a large  animal conceal itself in a deciduous forest during the cold months? They you'd have plenty of examples to consider.   You also presume to know what a BF's survival depends on. Really, you might not know. I sure as Hell don't. 

^If Bigfoot's survival didn't depend on hiding then why does it hide? Hiding stems from a fear of something, and I don't think it's playing a game.

What examples are you referring to?

Well....hundreds of reports of the alleged animal standing in plain view? Doesn't sound so much like hiding to me, does it you? Oh, and they survived the encounter.

I lived in Oklahoma from '93 to 2002 (or should I say stuck there) and there's one thing that makes me skeptical of any Bigfoot being there. Yes there are lots of forested land in eastern OK, but in the winter all the foliage tends to fall off the trees and you can see right through the woods.

It just doesn't strike me as being a very good area for a creature who's survival depends on hiding.

My place was across the street from a wildlife management area in Oklahoma.  In winter, the post oak was still so thick you couldn't see more than 6 feet into it.  Standing at the barditch I could see about 5 feet into it and barely make out other tree trunks which mixed in with the post oak was scrub oak.  Is there a difference, not sure.  It was literally impenetrable.  There were fire lanes cut into it but once you stepped in you would disappear.  The larger hickory and such got pretty tall some cedars were there as well.  They don't lose their foliage so it's still pretty dark in there even in the afternoon. 

Further east was a place that people would go and have their pics taken. This small area had some enormous rock outcroppings and the trees were very tall.  Photographer's dream...........light filtered naturally.  It was most obvious and people left polaroid papers constantly which we sometimes would collect and discard. 

Edited by Sunflower

I would also say besides evergreen Juniper and Cedars intermixed in the cross timbers and such of deciduous BF habitiat (superior to PNW IMO due to abundant acorn, hickory, pecan as food source for BF, Deer and Hog plus milder winters) you also have green briars and tall thick bamboo like reed (river reed) that is evergreen along wooded waterways and that provides year around cover near water sources plus maybe the young leaves or parts may be edible ? Just saying

I would also say besides evergreen Juniper and Cedars intermixed in the cross timbers and such of deciduous BF habitiat (superior to PNW IMO due to abundant acorn, hickory, pecan as food source for BF, Deer and Hog plus milder winters) you also have green briars and tall thick bamboo like reed (river reed) that is evergreen along wooded waterways and that provides year around cover near water sources plus maybe the young leaves or parts may be edible ? Just saying

Yup, in ref to the bamboo, great natural blinds along water sources. Have had several reports in areas of bamboo. Link covers nutrient values. http://www.bitelog.com/t-11026-unabridged-with-rda.htm