Any Researchers In Honobia,ok

Guest onthelooseagain

Drove through Atoka yesterday, saw Bigfoot BBQ...anyone know if it's any good?  I'll be going back that way again in about a month!

Well lets just say "good bbq" is found South of the Red River but I ate it before and it was ok I guess.

There's good and bad bbq in Texas.  I've had some in Carthage, TX that was awesome--Luling, TX too!  Still looking for good bbq in DFW area (Hard 8's in Coppell is pretty good).  Bonedaddy's House of Smoke is good, but for entirely different reasons! 

If you find yourself Southbound on I-35 to Austin or San Antonio make the exit for Lockhart (BBQ capitol of TX by many) They have great places like Blacks BBQ (family name) , Kreuz Market , Smitty's Market , Chishom Trail..awesomeness !

Guest Urkelbot

Is it possible that the locals are just trying to make Honobia the Loch ness or Roswell of bigfootdom to cash in on tourist money?

After the initial press the Festival and Conference began later so Yes for some (also the cause of some the angst by Mike for others profiting from their misery of ridicule and unwanted attention) have but if your referring to ongoing sightings and BF evidence NO

Is it possible that the locals are just trying to make Honobia the Loch ness or Roswell of bigfootdom to cash in on tourist money?

I'd say a good portion of the people who go to the Honobia bigfoot festival are country peddlers, and they wind up buying and selling their crafted items to each other. So I wouldn't say they make a bundle. :rolleyes: Sure some people come just to see the bigfoot conference and may buy a few items while there, but the biggest line seems to be at the food stands.

SY,

Yes that is a very accurate description of what the festival is about.  Mike told me that he does not support the "circus" and they ridiculed him and his family.

However, I believe that some people go because they want to know and learn more. 

Guest zenmonkey

Ya I havent been but my impression of it is that it is more of a family gathering for fun and games rather than hardcore bigfooters. but I am going this year so I will find out!  Who is this mike fella you guys have mentioned?

Meers is near Lawton I think, if I find my self passing thru I will try to have one.

Just be careful everyone...and don't expect a warm reception from the locals after the BFRO fiasco.

Fiasco of year 2000 "Siege" ? Doubt that is a concern

Tell that to Timberghost and crew...they HATE the BFRO after being put through that crap.

uh oh what happened with the BFRO?? 

Basically they got a call from some locals who needed some advice/help dealing with a problematic habituation situation.  BFRO shows up and starts trying to tell the locals what to do on their own property and generally NOT helping the situation.

Then things went really south and the BFRO turned on them and started trying to ruin their reputation.

^^^I'll hazard an answer to that:

1.  Scarcity of the animal, easily surpassed by

2.  Scarcity of people prepared in general to take pictures of wild animals.

Generally, if it isn't habituated to humans, forget pictures of animals unless you're a wildlife photographer dedicated to the task.

(Game cameras haven't been in use long enough to reasonably expect results.)

Then there's the occasional guy that puts the lie to that one:

http://woodape.org/index.php/about-bigfoot/articles/220-oklahoma-prairie-photos

Say what one wants about the clarity - which proves my point - there's a compelling case made, which must be addressed, for what those photos represent.

No, because by and large "the locals" don't talk about it...the "Festival" is mostly outside people coming in to get together.

He is one of the brothers involved with "The Siege" incident of Honobia 2000 that BFRO investigated and reported on. Those around here know him and I think he might of had a login in the old BFF. He lives nearby in Talihina now. http://www.bfro.net/avevid/ouachita/siege-at-honobia.asp

If he is who I think he is, we might want to stop using his real name...I think that's a forum no-no, isn't it?

Edited by BigGinger
To Remove Offensive Content

Guest zenmonkey

and im BATMAN! jk....no really i am, honiobia couldnt possibly turn into a lochness or roswell the locals their must only be like 15 of them lol

Edited by zenmonkey
To Remove Deleted Quoted Content

I plan on going this year.Only a few miles away from me :)

If nothing else, i can add to my black book of contacts, maybe gain a few leads to hotspots.