N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

I've heard they are partial to young goats.

Ditto on the young goats! Bipto, if you can't bring animals onto the property maybe you or one of the group knows someone that has goats. "Soiled goat bedding for scent" could be the next best thing as having a live goat on the property. Have seriously been considering getting another goat since our activity has died down here.

What about frying bacon and or fish and some light music during the evening? I've read this as a method to arouse their curiosity quite a few times.

You don't have to do the Gregorian chanting if you don't want to...

I guess  Alton will have to wear a bacon vest and sit around the bait tent again

Knowing him, he'd be up for that. 

What about frying bacon and or fish and some light music during the evening? I've read this as a method to arouse their curiosity quite a few times.

We have done things like that, but getting their curiosity up hasn't been much of an issue for us. We just need them to stick their heads up more often. 

When you tried the stuff like frying and music, did it work out of interest? Obviously not for your specific goal, but in making them come near or vocalise etc?

It's hard to say if it worked. We've done things like that and they've come close, and we *haven't* done things and they've come close. I would say that I think, on balance, anything that piques their interest would be a good tactic (like music or projecting movies), but we have so much activity down there it's hard to know if it wouldn't have happened anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Hi, thanks for coming, we need all the help we can get.  Um, here, take this 30.06, careful, it's loaded...well, um, you never know what you're gonna see picking up trash, you know..."

It just surprises me how many people had no idea where to report something and just happened to have the TV on in the background and...well, I know that seeing a name like that on an Adopt sign would get me Googlin' pretty fast, and who knows.

Excellent Seth!

This is a one-stop shop for all things NAWAC!  

A must read/listen for anyone interested in what the NAWAC is doing.

Guest Stan Norton

I may well have imagined this, but I swear I have seen two different video sequences of X. There is the one currently on YT showing the immediate aftermath of a sighting by several group members, but I am convinced I've seen another vid of some guys attempting a reconstruction of another sighting. Anyone else have an idea or am I imagining things??