N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Open science

You mean where scientists publish in journals.  With methods alongside their results and conclusions and anyone so inclined could replicate the work the scientist did? 

Where is all this NAWAC evidence that can clear everything up?  

I will give them credit that their "charitable" group is actually doing some charity work with their adopted road.  Still waiting on that conservation.

My guess is they consider themselves an educational not for profit, but I suppose they could donate the meat they collect to the local homeless mission.

Guest zenmonkey

They spare us with the blobs pics and audio.all id ask for is a podcast every so often talking about X oh and a body when ya get the chance! ;)

Guest Stan Norton

Almost all science is open science in the sense all most scientists publish journals that can be accessed by anyone. Not counting scientists who work for coperations, military, etc.

I too feel bad to the poor nawac members who must use their vacation time to vacation in cabins and hunt for monsters. They should really get more than tax deductions and donations to help cover the expenses. It must be like working in a salt mine not like going out hunting for a week with friends during hunting season.

The very exemplar of an ill-tempered pseudo sceptical response. No one is asking for of expecting any praise, let alone tax breaks (where did that one come from??). It is such an effort to be so cynical, I do wonder why folks bother.

Guest Urkelbot

^ on a purely voluntary basis, sacrificing precious time with family and friends or other commitments)

This is gabage it's a hobby these guys are doing a hobby. They're doing this because they want to and it brings them some satisfaction. If they capture their quarry it was still a hobby.

They have their hat out asking for donations and get tax deductions on their non profit charity conservation hobby as well.

No one is asking for of expecting any praise, let alone tax breaks (where did that one come from??).

There seems to be a consensus among those of a certain outlook that we profit through generous tax incentives from the government. It's pretty funny, actually, but no amount of reasonable explanation will make them acknowledge that the costs of undertaking this kind of endeavor *greatly* outweigh the meager benefits allowed as tax deductions. It's almost as if they're not interested in reasonable discussion and are more interested spouting inflammatory and derogatory nonsense. 

Things heating up in area X yet or still under the deep freeze... I would guess the area

sees spring fairly soon, seeing it is already tax season and where all making out like bandits.

Just kidding, did not realize I could write off any expenses, though I have a few accumulated.

I will be interested to see how things go this year both in your thread and around here, so far

nothing to report, just cold and snow out the wazzoo.   Winter is certainly perplexing

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

I don't care about taxes or any of that stuff.

I would like to know the answer to my question earlier in the thread, i might have missed your response:

Bipto how many gunfire incidents have you had?

Have any of them been determined to be below your standards for firearm discipline?

Guest Urkelbot

There seems to be a consensus among those of a certain outlook that we profit through generous tax incentives from the government. It's pretty funny, actually, but no amount of reasonable explanation will make them acknowledge that the costs of undertaking this kind of endeavor *greatly* outweigh the meager benefits allowed as tax deductions. It's almost as if they're not interested in reasonable discussion and are more interested spouting inflammatory and derogatory nonsense.

Again who said anything about profits?

Hey give them your money here guys http://woodape.org/index.php/donations they really need it to keep pulling in all the great results which shockingly are absent anything to verify their stories.

This is gabage it's a hobby these guys are doing a hobby. They're doing this because they want to and it brings them some satisfaction. If they capture their quarry it was still a hobby.

They have their hat out asking for donations and get tax deductions on their non profit charity conservation hobby as well.

How is that any different than folks forming a non-profit sportsman's club, or snowmobile club, or civil war re-enactment club?

Also, Urkel, perhaps your expectation of results and NAWAC's are different?

You complain they have no pics, but NAWAC openly admits to moving on from attempting to capture pics........it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If some here really believe the NAWAC is on a fool's errand, I would think all they need to achieve their ultimate self-satisfaction is to just wait. Their predictions of success or failure are no more valid than mine or anyone else's, and I'll be the first to admit I have no idea of those probabilities.  You'll note that none of the NAWAC members here are making any predictions, I don't think. In that regard, they show a little more awareness of the realities of this world, if I do say so.

Guest Urkelbot

How is that any different than folks forming a non-profit sportsman's club, or snowmobile club, or civil war re-enactment club?Also, Urkel, perhaps your expectation of results and NAWAC's are different?

You complain they have no pics, but NAWAC openly admits to moving on from attempting to capture pics........it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't think a sportsmans or snow mobile club would complain about how much of a hardship it is and ask for donations to continue sporting or snowmobiling. But I bet if you ask any of them why they do it the response would be because they enjoy the activity and it's fun. I'm sure the nawac members response would be similar.

None of these nawac members have to be in area x hunting Bigfoot they could go home to their families and vacation at Disneyland instead. They choose to be there because they want to be there.

I like the dropping picture strategy. "hey we have failed to get any pictures so lets stop bothering. We can just say we only care about shooting a Bigfoot now and continue indefinitely without having to be worried about getting called out on a lack of evidence."