N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Remember that Bipto already sent a sample out, and never heard back from the lab, and won't name the lab he sent it to.

Bipto, do you have a copy of the tracking label for the DNA blood sample you sent out and

The name of the lab you sent it to?

I could track that down for you.

If Sykes didn't test it, how keen is NAWAC to cough up the 1500 smackers to get it tested?!

Presumably, it would be too late. The hair arrived there a long time ago. If it wasn't tested when it arrived, I'd expect it's no longer being held. But I don't know anything for sure at this point. 

How about this scenario.....

A good exercise, perhaps, but when we have the specimen, time will be of the essence and the kind of thing you propose would take months. 

Remember that Bipto already sent a sample out, and never heard back from the lab, and won't name the lab he sent it to.

That's not at all what I said. 

This looks alot like you won't name the lab.

That's not at all what I said. 

I believe I said in the other thread that we don't have results. The first lab that got the samples didn't take their task too seriously. We got nothing from them.

I don't have the name of the place handy. It was in Canada, though. Montreal, I think. Avoid all Canadian DNA labs just to be safe... 

What's your point, Drew? Are you suggesting we didn't send it out? If you want to call me a liar, just do it. Don't play word games (even though it's your particular specialty). 

I'm not suggesting you didn't send it out, I'm suggesting that you didn't follow up enough, if you 'didn't hear anything from them'.

Hello Cervelo,

A fair question but my thinking is Bipto won't get back the next one either as in I think they do take it seriously. Think about it for a second, why would ANY outfit that does this kind of testing not send back the results? Why would none of them? One would think that if it was a pattern then those companies woud not be in business long IMO. If anywhere Bipto sent the specimens for testing didn't send back results then maybe they're not sending back results to other customers either no matter what testing is been requested. If Bipto isn't getting back results, and theses companies are still in business? To me it says something. No doubt this has crossed Bipto's mind at least once. That's why I think the testing entities do ineeed take it seriously, especially if thy know the supposed source of the specimens.

Edited by hiflier

Guest OntarioSquatch

Hello Cervelo,

A fair question but my thinking is Bipto won't get back the next one either as in I think they do take it seriously. Think about it for a second, why would ANY outfit that does this kind of testing not send back the results? Why would none of them? One would think that if it was a pattern then those companies woud not be in business long IMO. If anywhere Bipto sent the specimens for testing didn't send back results then maybe they're not sending back results to other customers either no matter what testing is been requested. If Bipto isn't getting back results, and theses companies are still in business? To me it says something. No doubt this has crossed Bipto's mind at least once. That's why I think the testing entities do ineeed take it seriously, especially if thy know the supposed source of the specimens.

So you're suggesting they tested it, saw what it was and decided they didn't want to have anything to do with it?

Guest Cervelo

I was just curious. since the phrase "didn't take it seriously" is just an odd way of putting it... kind of emotional term to use in the arena of DNA testing especially when your paying for something.

But anywho if someone finds the post if they could link it that would be great....I guess Bip is to busy to answer but not to busy to respond ;)

Hello DWA,

Not an easy question to answer so simply in this day and age. It depends on whether the labs are in certain jurisdictions and what guidelines they must adhere to like this:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/qas_testlabs

Many points were brought out in the "The Ramifications Of Proving It's Existence" thread that do well to support a lab's decision to not release the results of such an analysis in order to comply with fedearl policy. Since we don't know the policy on BF DNA I can only speculate. Does anyone know the answer to that one? If so, then bring it on.

Edited by hiflier