Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

I was going to call it hoaxed but felt I give it to you since I have seen breaks or fractures like this with out saw marks. There seems to be a lot of grass around the tree, should have found prints on the grass no matter how long the break was. It does not matter what animal there should have been sign according to your map detail.

That tree cover is perfect for deer to go from field to field so it does make for a great ambush area. I think the reason hunters encounter them more is that we are ambush killers like them. Hunters look for those perfect places to hunt and the two seem to meet in the middle. Now Just My Opinion. NJMO

I was going to call it hoaxed but felt I give it to you since I have seen breaks or fractures like this with out saw marks. There seems to be a lot of grass around the tree, should have found prints on the grass no matter how long the break was. It does not matter what animal there should have been sign according to your map detail.

That tree cover is perfect for deer to go from field to field so it does make for a great ambush area. I think the reason hunters encounter them more is that we are ambush killers like them. Hunters look for those perfect places to hunt and the two seem to meet in the middle. Now Just My Opinion. NJMO

The ground was extremely dry, it was the middle of July. I looked for sign, but found nothing. When it is dry like it was in that summer, the ground is very hard. and if there was dew on the grass that night, I might have seen some tracks if I had looked at it first thing in the morning, but I did not check it until about 5pm, so anything the dew did then would have been gone.

I don't know for sure if I've shared this yet or not, I know I've shown the picture of this (dated July, 2012):

post-1320-0-05744900-1447444940_thumb.jp

post-1320-0-22887100-1447444959_thumb.jp

This is way cool. This is what the above looked like 1 year and 7 months later (Feb. 2104).

post-1320-0-45911000-1447445176_thumb.jp

WesT,

Could we have a description of what we're looking at? What do you find interesting about these trees? (Not getting smart, just want to open up some discussion)

The ground was extremely dry, it was the middle of July. I looked for sign, but found nothing. When it is dry like it was in that summer, the ground is very hard. and if there was dew on the grass that night, I might have seen some tracks if I had looked at it first thing in the morning, but I did not check it until about 5pm, so anything the dew did then would have been gone.

Thanks Pistola

If that ground is hard and you can not leave your own track then how about if you were to walk a horse on it ? if the horse can then you would know that this was done by them. Other wise it was human done.

West

They do look like blinds in a way, were there any deer runs or even game runs near that? Interesting thing in my part is that along trails I would find nice size hand  rocks. Even in open fields there would be rocks nice base ball size rocks in the open field. In areas that I was not wanted I would find the most interesting stuff. whether it be the big X or those darn tee-pee's with the weaving of branches. 

But you are right you cannot put much merit on broken branches or the way they are placed. As far as we know nature placed it that way Right ! How else can one explain the interweaving that can only be done by hands and strength.

A horse could of course leave a track, a hoof digs into the ground, but something flatfooted would not. Which is why I could not leave a track. again it was grass, so there was not track 10 hours after I first noticed until I actually was able to check it out.

I can attest to what Pistola is saying. Growing up with horses and other hoofed animals, their hooves will leave prints in ground that most animals that walk on a padded foot would not. I can easily see a 900lb BF not leaving a mark on dry hard packed grass, especially if that grass is freshly mowed and cut rather short. In hard packed soil, the grass bending over would probably be the only sign left behind, with it cut short this sign would be virtually lost in short time.

WesT,

Could we have a description of what we're looking at? What do you find interesting about these trees? (Not getting smart, just want to open up some discussion)

The 2012 pic is/was a tree bow that was pinned by a log that has moss growing on the trunk. Moss only grows on dead trees that have been lying on the ground a while. Meaning, it didn't fall where it rested, it was placed there. The dead branches that pinned the tree top to the ground formed an interesting looking diamond shape. I just liked the geometry of it and how it seemed to form a symbol a year and a half later.

Edited by WesT

In areas that I was not wanted I would find the most interesting stuff. whether it be the big X or those darn tee-pee's with the weaving of branches. 

Do they look like the suspected teepee hunting blind I posted about in this thread? Do you have any pics of them?

I can attest to what Pistola is saying. Growing up with horses and other hoofed animals, their hooves will leave prints in ground that most animals that walk on a padded foot would not. I can easily see a 900lb BF not leaving a mark on dry hard packed grass, especially if that grass is freshly mowed and cut rather short. In hard packed soil, the grass bending over would probably be the only sign left behind, with it cut short this sign would be virtually lost in short time.

Right had a figure of that a while back, deer do way more PSI to ground than reasonable estimates for BF.

That is true Twist. I wish that the ground was soft, then I might have been able to explain what happened. Unfortunately, weird things seem to happen when their conditions are met Ha Ha.

Here's the pic in my avatar for a better look. Taken in 2012 in foothills of Iron Mountain, Jefferson National Forest, off trail. No, that's not me in the pic.

post-1320-0-38608200-1448832169_thumb.jp

• masterbarber unpinned this topic