Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

DWA - So....no documentation for extraordinary claims just like your other 5953 posts. At least consider that saying how calling 911 won't get a response might be considered offensive to many of the folks here actually are or were in the military or in law enforcement, EMS, firefighters, or the like. 

WSA - Try reading less "into" what's there and focus more on the literal interpretation. I think it will help you understand my posts better and even possibly allow you to understand that regardless of how much you read into a report there's just no way to determine the veracity.

dmaker - Calling up 911 wouldn't get you arrested if something was actually happening...why aren't these folks calling 911 to report property damage, vandalism, stinky middens, panic attacks caused by infrasound, or just being scared terribly at the local park?

I understand that ohiobill, I was responding to WSA's rather ludicrous idea that you should call 911 just to try to prove a point in this thread. I can guarantee you the constabulary will not be pleased to learn why they arrived at your doorstep. And you can be positive that they will--despite what others would have you believe. A 911 call would never be ignored. How many times have people accidentally dialed 911 from their cell phone? I have and you have no choice but to wait for the police to arrive to clear the call. Despite how strongly you try to explain it was an error.  You could call and say Captain Crunch was kicking your dog and they would still come.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Bill...critical or not, you've still got to read them. You continue to affirm you haven't, and my doubt is that you ever will.  Still, one hopes.

As for your personal jab, regarding my reading skills. Just don't do that, please? It is completely unnecessary for the discussion. 

We are veering quite far off-topic here. I decline to engage further, but will take it up in any number of other threads that address this, if you like.

dmaker - I must have read too much into your post, guess it's catching :tease: I agree with you 100%. 

WSA - I'm not sure what you are reading but I'm definitely not saying that I refuse to read encounter reports - less "into" and more literal interpretation! I'm responding to the lack of verifiable details available in this Urban Bigfoot thread. Specifically I'm addressing the lack of official reports available despite claimed reports of sassy walking on the roof of folks houses, sassy damaging fences, and a mother who was scared so terribly by a purported sassy that she wouldn't let her daughter play in a park. This thread is specifically addressed to claims of urban sassy - were you perhaps trying to post in another thread? If not, in what thread would you like to talk about urban sassy claims and why would it be better than this one specifically addressed to such claims? I'm not veering off-topic at all by addressing the lack of 911 calls in this thread and your oft-repeated statements regarding your lack of investment in this topic don't inspire me to follow you around so can decline to engage further any time a tough question is asked. 

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Objectionable Text
  • Upvote 1

Dmaker....I think you're making a statement with that new avatar....but not sure what it is?

He's got me rolling in the aisle. Amazing what twenty bucks spent supporting BFF will get ya.

• Upvote 1

dmaker - Sorry, had to add half a plus for your post I agree with 100% and half for your new avatar. 

Guest WesT

Well imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery. Maybe he's getting ready to pop the question.  {run forest run lol}

I understand that ohiobill, I was responding to WSA's rather ludicrous idea that you should call 911 just to try to prove a point in this thread. I can guarantee you the constabulary will not be pleased to learn why they arrived at your doorstep. And you can be positive that they will--despite what others would have you believe. A 911 call would never be ignored. How many times have people accidentally dialed 911 from their cell phone? I have and you have no choice but to wait for the police to arrive to clear the call. Despite how strongly you try to explain it was an error.  You could call and say Captain Crunch was kicking your dog and they would still come.

I don't know about where you live, but here when it happens the operator just gets real pissed and that is the end of it, you say "oops sorry!" and they hang up and so do you, no officers ever know about it thankfully.

I haven't accidentally pocket dialed 911 for maybe 5 years now. But it actually happened to me twice and each time I had to wait. My phone had some stupid feature that while you were unlocking it and not paying attention could lead you to dial 911 by mistake.

I've never heard of an operator just brushing it off. 

911 never gets brushed off here in BC, either. Once that call is picked up, an officer is responding, no matter what excuse you might give. Until proven otherwise, on site, the police assume that there really is an emergency. You could be making an excuse to divert them, since you've just snatched the phone from the victim, seems to be their line of thought.

I don't know about where you live, but here when it happens the operator just gets real pissed and that is the end of it, you say "oops sorry!" and they hang up and so do you, no officers ever know about it thankfully.

Then you live in a lousy jurisdiction that will soon get sued for everything they are worth. I used to like to listen to the local police scanner. There was a lady that regularly made crazy 911 calls. Two I remember...She said a big red pig was looking in her window, another was she found something in her bathroom and didn't know if it was human, it wouldn't respond when she tried to talk to it. You could hear the dispatcher and the policeman laughing. A car was always sent out regardless. It's their policy.

Edited by Rockape

^^^Always have.  Because they have.  And have said:  from everything we have been able to find out - including these tracks we cast - we have no choice but to believe this individual is being totally honest about what he saw.

These are really really kewl to read.  Might want to try it sometime.