Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

That incident describes quite a bit of Sasquatch behavior, so much as to not have been fabricated.  I wonder what

was going through the mind of the creature?  Like what the heck, maybe I should try sliding around on the ice myself.

Was probably being quite entertained by the whole spectical.  You know, a sort of squatch du sole

Well anyhow, just put the recorder on a very still night, the chorus of frogs and toads, and the fledgling Herons all joining together in

pure delight.  I noticed the cattails are emerging and stand about 24 inches at present, last year when I had the encounter, July 12 they

were all mature.  The initial event was on the 4rth of July so I will be anxious over the next month or more to hear the recordings.  I have

checked for tracks or other signs and found nothing.  So as of 2014 no presence is detectible.

This is just a really urban sighting, google earth the area and see just how much so!!! The only way this creature
got into the area would be by the power line easement, and the area that it is using is incredibly small!!! Such a
contradiction to what is commonly ascribed to this hairy biped. This is of particular interest to me in that my In Laws

live only a few miles to the north and I frequent the area anually and play golf right near that sighting!! I am truely

stunned by this one... The BFRO website has the photos missing so take a look there to get the full scope

Report # 41892 (Class A)sighting
Submitted by witness on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
Woman is startled to see a large hairy biped climbing her fence outside Clearwater
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 08-17-2013

STATE: Florida

COUNTY: Pinellas County

LOCATION DETAILS: It is a wooded area, with a small lake. Please DO NOT post my location!.

NEAREST TOWN: Clearwater

NEAREST ROAD: Whitney Road just off of US 19

OBSERVED: Early Saturday morning about 1:55am I went outside for a smoke before bed and it happened. I heard a clinking sound of the chain-link fence clinking on the bar-rail fence. At the very same time I heard the sound of the brush/bushes being smashed. I looked over in the direction of the sound and seen a leg hanging down. As I looked up I seen a large hairy back. The thing turned and looked right at me. Just after it made eye contact with me it pulled its leg right back up and over the fence. It actually used the bar of the top of the fence to leap back onto the brush/thicket area. It was huge, from what I could see. This is not my first encounter with what I believe was one. I was on a walk at around the same time of early morning a few months ago and actually felt something run by me on that same side of fence-row. As the thing ran by me I could feel the vibrations of it moving by me. It sounded like it was tearing through the thick brush with no problem at all. I didn't report this before because I didn't actually see it, only felt & heard it. However this time I know what I saw! No doubt in my mind. Even woke up my 25yr old daughter to come and try to see it. She heard it, and smelled it.

ALSO NOTICED: We walked over to where I seen it climbing over the fence and could see broken small branches and the top bar of the fence was slightly bent.

OTHER WITNESSES: My daughter only heard it moving around when I ran in to tell her what had happened. It was still moving about the area when she came out.

OTHER STORIES: Only my own experience from a few months before. I never told anyone but my friends and family in Indiana. I didn't want my neighbors thinking I am crazy.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was 1:55am. It was right under a security light and raining very lightly.

ENVIRONMENT: wooded area with small lake

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator R. Monteith:

I spoke to the witness by phone and later investigated the surrounding area several times. BFRO Investigator Marion Gant accompanied me. We found the witness and her family very credible and honest.

The witness stepped outside her home and into her carport to smoke a cigarette. It had been drizzling rain on and off. Once outside, she noticed a foul pungent smell at about the same time she heard rattling from the chain link fence about 40 yards from her. She looked and saw what appeared at first to be a large man straddling the fence. The right leg was on her side and the left leg was on the other; its back was to her and it was facing the other direction. She described the right leg as very muscular and massive. Both of its hands were holding the top of the fence on either side of its body. There is a street lamp close to the fence and she could see that it wasn’t a man and that it appeared to be an ape.

Immediately, it turned not just its head, but its torso to her and made eye contact. She noticed a yellow/amber shine to the eyes. Its chin was sitting on its shoulder when it had turned its body. Once it made eye contact, it swung the right leg back over the fence and dropped off the top of the fence. She heard it move away. It didn’t seem to run, but she heard branches breaking.

It had 3-4 inch light brown to dark blond hair all over its body and estimates its height at about 6 feet. She said the hair was not tangled, but kept “like a dog.†It did not have hair on its face but had “man like†features. She did not notice ears and the head shape was “like ours†only bigger. She claimed its face looked startled to see her.

She ran inside and woke up her daughter. They both returned outside and could still hear it in the woods. Her daughter commented that she could still smell it at that time. The witness claimed it smelled like a “wet dog that had rolled in a pig sty,†and the daughter said to us that it was “a strong, nasty, wild animal smell.â€

The witness also described something that ran on the other side of the fence, shaking the ground a few months earlier.

This fence is 6 ft. tall, see photo:

The fence is noticeably bent and damaged where the witness claimed it happened:

Closer view of where it climbed over, note the broken branches and opening it made:

It is evident something very heavy did this to the top of the fence. There was also freshly broken branches in the wood line where it would have come through.

This is the view from the other side of the fence looking onto the witness' property:

A power line road borders one side of her property; there is a heavily wooded lot that connects to a private high school (on summer break at the time), a golf course and then the coast line of Tampa Bay. If the coast line or power line is followed north, it runs into nature preserves and parks. We found evidence of many food sources in the area from small animals to dumpsters, including numerous raccoon tracks.

This is the one and only report we have ever received for Pinellas County. This county is more or less a peninsula with a high human population density:

When looking at satellite photos, there are not many green areas and for the most part the green areas that are present are small. One would really not expect to ever have a report here, its not a typical habitat for sasquatch. However, just north of where the peninsula begins, there is the Tarpon Canal/Lake Tarpon Area and Brooker Creek Preserve which has had sightings. Urban sprawl has pushed many animals into areas they normally would not venture, and I imagine the sasquatch are affected by this too.

About BFRO Investigator R. Monteith:

R. Monteith has had a life-long interest in Bigfoot and has an extensive background in outdoor land and ocean survival as well as mountaineering. She has tran-sailed the Atlantic, backpacked in remote places throughout the world and has climbed three of the seven summits. She studied International Relations at Florida International University, and is a Financial Consultant. She has participated in many private expeditions as well as the 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 BFRO North Florida Expeditions and the 2013 BFRO UP Michigan & Alabama Expedition. See more Information at The Florida BFRO

Explanation of the report classification system
Submit a report for the sightings database
Please send any comments or inquiries to Contact@BFRO.net

Related to the above post, my wife and went to Brooker Creek Preserve(Based on my hunches from Google Earth!!!) last December and were strangely greeted with an eerie silence.  My mother in law kept on commenting how she has never been in any natural place in Florida that seemed so devoid of creatures and the sounds they make.  That is the preserve mentioned in the sighting above, which is connected to the same power line easement.  Though that area is quite a bit north and far more rural...This sighting confirms the notion of what we have been discussing about what pathways they will use, and how small of area, and what proximity to population center, nails all the above...

post-23370-0-08260900-1401025933_thumb.j

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

It's amazing it would be in such a highly populated area.  Raiding garbage cans perhaps?  I suspect if it was there before it frequents that area and being so urban people are not expecting to see something like that and not likely to report a fleeting glimpse or smell.  

Not so amazing, given that

(1) as with most animal sightings, only a couple to a few people at most saw it;

(2) most who see something like this are not inclined to breathe a word to a soul for years, if ever (look at the elapsed time between most of the encounters on the BFRO and NAWAC sites, and the reports); 

(3) because of (2) above, an animal like this could be sequentially seen by numerous folk, and the dots never get connected.  1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+= 0.

I'm sure their numbers dictate that this won't happen as often as it does for raccoons, coyotes, bears or even mountain lions.  But it is far, far harder for me to believe that it isn't happening than that it is.  If this is like other higher primates - shoot, other animals - and no reason to doubt that:  it HAS to be happening.

I find it amazing that folks will believe nearly any tale of sassy given anonymously over the internet but discount the lack of reports by police, fire, wildlife, animal control or other official agencies. 

...individuals of all of which have entered reports.

See what you find out when you actually read them?

Edited by DWA

^^^^Copy that. All present and accounted for, thank you very much. (Add: Military Personnel)  I'm thinking, at this stage, all occupations/ages/races/socio-economic classifications are pretty well represented. Just the sort of cross-section you'd expect to see for a hoax/hallucination/social-construct, right? In an age where you can't even get 3% of the population to watch the same media event (Super Bowl aside) at the same time, this sure is some remarkable coherency we've got going here. Hmm....wonder what it could mean? Anyone? Me, I'm blanking. Little help?

As usual, you two aren't comprehending what evidence is...I don't want to read the online encounter report from the sassy witness who saw the overall wearing sassy on the train smoking - I want to see the police report where police officers investigated it. We all know it's possible to file a false sassy report or even lie about something as serious as how calling 911 won't get a response if sassy are involved. I've read enough lies here from hoaxers and their die-hard supporters. Unlike some who constantly bray about how important anonymous reports are or even the special folks who claim to be able to discern the veracity of the reports just by reading them, I want to see the official investigation or lawsuit filed that proves it. We all know that if these extraordinary claims were actually taking place we would see official evidence of it. 

We all know what hearsay is and why it's not accepted in court, provide some proof that urban encounters are taking place. Where are the reports from LEO investigating property damage to chain link fences or the roofs of houses caused by sassy? Please point me to the paperwork where firemen are investigating smoldering middens or noxious fumes left by sassy?  Can you provide some documentation that animal control officers are taking special measures to safeguard urban dumpsters from sassy? Show me the official report where LEO investigated the sassy at the park that had a young girl's mother scared terribly? If you can't do it then please provide an apology to the hard working men and women who actually do the jobs in law enforcement, EMS, firefighting, animal control, waste management, etc who are going to work everyday and NOT finding evidence of sassy everywhere they go and who aren't even being called about it. Apologize to them about lying about how they won't respond to calls for help. You know the folks I'm talking about - they're your neighbors. 

• Upvote 1

As usual, you two aren't comprehending what evidence is...

NO.  AS USUAL:  YOU AREN'T.

Over and out.

(There are reports, investigated by police.  You can read anytime you want to get started.  This just gets tiresome.)

Edited by DWA

LOL Bill. You really don't want to get into hearsay and its exceptions, do you?  It is the #1 crippler of young L1 students, I can tell you that, and it really doesn't add anything to this.

(BTW, I think I can still read into your responses, "Nope, still haven't read them yet...)

Go ahead....call up your local constabulary and tell them you just saw an 8' hairy monkey thing crossing the road on your way home from Aunt Sallie's Wed. sewing circle. We'll wait.

• Upvote 1

^^^We'll give you a mulligan on that one, Foghorn.

But thanks for showing how a bipedal eight-foot primate could get well into the 21st Century unconfirmed.  No, I'm gonna insist that you do that math.