Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Paint - I think it's different for folks who grew up in the country. On the whole we are less likely to look for or ask for help which makes the lack of urban calls that much more puzzling for those who claim urban bigfoot populations. Urban areas are where people call 911 because someone stole their drugs or they lost their tv remote or because they have an itchy bug bite. Those types of people will call 911 if they see something or get scared for any reason. If there are urban bigfoot there is an official paper trail somewhere and any investigator can get access to it through FOIA. I'm not saying that Bigfoot is impossible because there isn't a sizeable record of bigfoot reports in Manhattan but I think it makes it much less likely for urban populations without paperwork of some sort and I personally wouldn't believe someone telling me how scared they were about their family's safety if I couldn't verify the 911 call - especially when it's ongoing with neighbors 20' away in all directions. 

Bill, I agree about the people who have grown up and live in the country vs living on smaller lots in developments. "BUT" there are many areas where these developments have encroached into more wilderness, forest/ farmlands. What I posted above about my past situation, my property was less than 1/2 mile from a major road way and school, but behind me was undeveloped with horse and cattle pastures. To the south a couple of miles the Villages of Lady Lake was in a building frenzy putting in several thousand new homes.(Matter of fact, there's a not too old report from the Villages on the BFRO site) To the east a couple of miles was the Ocala National forest.

Did I miss something about a report with ongoing activity with neighbors 20' away in all directions? "Urban", depending on where you live, depending on population density can vary. A good example would be Miami/Dade, densely populated but there are areas / developments that do back up / border the glades.

Just curious, Paint, if you more or less knew that your neighbor's problems were being cause by our big friend (or at least suspected), why didn't you tell them? Regardless, sorry you became the target of their frustration. Not fun!

@Gotta Know, we didn't know for sure what we were dealing with, it was only suspected. We "did tell" him and his wife in the beginning that we were having some strange animal issues and they needed to keep a heads up. He brought up the subject of caves in the area and said that who knew what type of strange animals lived there. We cut off all communication with him after an issue one year during spring break. My dog was going nuts one  morning and I asked my son to go out and see what the dog was barking at. My son came back in and said that the neighbor was standing at the fence line looking into our privacy tree line with his dog going nuts. That tree line split our property, from our pasture to the dirt road up front. (The tree line blocked our back acreage and living area from the road). A few days later the neighbor called me over to the fence and "accused me of spying on him". He said his dog ran over barking towards our privacy tree line and he saw "me" all dressed in black watching him, he said he knew it was "me" and couldn't have been my son because he saw my son looking at him from the back of our house<that's when I sent my son out to see what the dog was barking at>. He said that when he walked over to the tree line "I" backed in deeper into the trees and he couldn't see me any more. I POPPED a GASKET and told him I had no reason to spy on him and I sure as sin wasn't dressed all in black in 80 plus degree weather to spy on him. I asked him why he didn't call me on the phone to tell me someone was on my property and he said "why would I call You when it was you".  I told him "where to go" and it wasn't Disney World, lol.

Here's a link to the Village report. I owned that property from 1999 to 2005 I think it was in 2004 when the building craze was revving up.  Report # 38923  (Class B) No officers called but just using that as an example of an urban situation.

That's supposed to say Class B, have no idea why a smiley face got there.

Edited by Painthorse

^Really interesting story. I have to wonder if our big friend didn't know that they were playing you guys off of each other. To what end, I don't know. Perhaps by having you two at odds it gave them more access to the property your neighbor built on?

But what an interesting Who's on First, What's on Second situation that grew into.

Accidental? I wonder.

It just seems that if concerned people are calling the police because a Coyote or a Bobcat are roaming their neighborhood, potentially hunting their pets, that if an animal the size of a Bigfoot, was in close proximity to children and pets, that anyone who truly thought they saw one, would be on the phone with the cops within seconds.

Nope, 'cause officially (1) "bigfoot doesn't exist" which makes (2) calling 9-1-1 to report bigfoot a crime.   I agree, it SEEMS responsible, but until their existence is proven, that's a real bad idea with legal consequences.   (Do a google search on legality of 9-1-1 hoaxes.) 

MIB

Edited by MIB

It just seems that if concerned people are calling the police because a Coyote or a Bobcat are roaming their neighborhood, potentially hunting their pets, that if an animal the size of a Bigfoot, was in close proximity to children and pets, that anyone who truly thought they saw one, would be on the phone with the cops within seconds.

The thing is, most people are gonna see just enough to just think its a person like the famous 911 call from Island over in W  coastal Washington State

^Link or more backround to said famous call? I'd never heard of it (not a surprise--still new to this stuff). Thx!

Edited by Gotta Know

I think Drew nailed it. If these sightings are actually happening as described then someone is calling for help when they get scared. Whether they think it's a man, a bear or a bigfoot folks will call if these claims are taking place. Painthorse's neighbor called more than once and apparently was more mad than scared. Imagine how fast he would have called if he was scared for his life or his children's lives rather than call about mud on a truck or a lost halter or something rubbing on the house.

Maybe some of you listened to the most recent MNBRT show, I called in to talk to the hosts(Oklahoman's) and they brought

up the point that they have seen urbanization of bigfoot occurring in areas near them.  Some are even being

sighted raiding trash, but may be misidentified.   He had found some such sightings on paranormal research

pages, but the people thought it was a hairy man ghost, hmmm.  Seems a lot people need to be educated by

the Government that knows these creatures exist, even having filmed varieties of them coming in to raid the

military bases dumpsters, I'd say it is time to let the cat out of the bag already.... 

Lake County - totally agree - if any of you wish to pursue this topic watch the documentary that accompanies "Letters from the Big Man"