Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

thanks believe I will have to check it out, I listened to Sasquatch Chronicles most recent show and the guy from Mississippi had some

really interesting encounters, and several of them...the impression most people have of this creature only roaming the remote wilderness in

the Pacific Northwest is completely inaccurate,  only look at the sighting data and sightings in the eastern half of the country where the

wilderness is more broken and spread out, you see that they will inhabit any area with a decent amount of food and water, and of course

they prefer some cover...that includes a whole bunch of area within 30 miles of major metropolitans.  The difference between a squatch

living in Washington and one living in Northern Illinios is that it takes much more stealth to remain undetected when living near people,

so behavioral differences include a wider territory and smaller group size based on available resources.  The troupe is probably only

together briefly for mating and socialization, which I think is the reason there are clusters of sightings during certain months in certain

places, In Northern Illinois that seems to be around Seneca, and LaSalle area during the colder months, then spreading out in the other months....

that is just my opinion...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

If you have a Bigfoot on your property, you should probably put warning signs on the sidewalks or dirt roads in the area.

If you have guests on your property, you need to have signs out warning of potential large predatory creatures in the vicinity.

The homeowner’s obligation to warn others of any known dangers or hazards on the property covers invited guests, licensees (such as home inspectors and other professionals who are allowed onto the property to perform specific functions, with the homeowner’s permission), and, in some cases, even trespassers.  This obligation may also be assumed by the non-owner occupant, depending on the situation and the state.  The precedent for such disclosure is found in civil law and is called “the duty to warn.† The duty to warn says that a party—the homeowner—will be held financially liable for injuries caused to another, given that the homeowner had the opportunity to warn the other party of a known hazard but failed to do so.  Such hazards may be hidden from visitors but known to the homeowner or occupant, and may or may not be the result of negligence.  The duty to warn certain parties about known hazards can range from a deadly condition (such as a gas leak) or they may encompass all known hazards.  The law makes distinctions between licensees, invitees and trespassers in order to determine the plaintiff’s legal standing, the owner or occupant’s level of liability, and the limits on damages awarded to the injured party. 

From The Duty to Warn: A Home Inspector's and Home Seller's Guide to Immediate Hazards - InterNACHI http://www.nachi.org/duty-to-warn.htm#ixzz2z3i8yzRP

>> The troupe is probably only

together briefly for mating and socialization, which I think is the reason there are clusters of sightings during certain months in certain

places, In Northern Illinois that seems to be around Seneca, and LaSalle area during the colder months, then spreading out in the other months....

that is just my opinion…<<

LCB,

This form of behavior would indicate they are not so much of a family unit and are more similar to an animal (mating) than a human.

If you have a Bigfoot on your property, you should probably put warning signs on the sidewalks or dirt roads in the area.

If you have guests on your property, you need to have signs out warning of potential large predatory creatures in the vicinity.

From The Duty to Warn: A Home Inspector's and Home Seller's Guide to Immediate Hazards - InterNACHI http://www.nachi.org/duty-to-warn.htm#ixzz2z3i8yzRP

Sounds like an idea for a new sign-making business venture.

Good question Indie! I've personally never seen any official reports about it, but then we aren't seeing any official reports of the harrowing encounters that are taking place so often in the urban bigfoot realm. Did you maybe mean a BFRO report or perhaps an incident revealed only on the internet? I'm not sure about invited guests but I've seen that kind of report involving visitors to parks or even trespassers but nothing verified. There's the Ape Canyon story, Teddy Roosevelt's hunters tale, Indian lore of bigfoot killing/eating humans, possible injury and death as related by Paulides and numerous tales of infrasound induced terror and nausea. I believe there might have been some mention of injury from one of the many suspected or proven hoaxers some folks here have followed. You might check some Dyer, Noel, Standing or Toejam threads or ask someone who follows them more closely than I have. 

Found this site that lists numerous bigfoot reports by description.  I haven't searched through them all, but I did see that one attacked a horse and rider and another pushed someone down a hill.  I think these were in wooded areas, but may have been on private property.  It appears that there is a great deal of rock throwing and damage to property more than to humans.  In my other research I did read about a rock throwing incident where the rocks hit the homeowner.  I believe he was alone, but it might have been a good idea to post a warning sign on that property.

http://www.lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com/Pages/BigfootBehavior.aspx

Coffee2go, there have been many times in history where the human race had fallen into more desperate straits, perhaps even bordering on extinction of certain races and distinctions, if not merely family groups.  I would suggest that given the small numbers of squatches in certain parts of the country that inbreeding is an unfortunate reality, perhaps explaining the aggressive behaviors of some troupes.  I do not have any true scientific backing for such a statement, it is simply based on logic and assumption... so .... I surmise that females may travel with a juvenile and eventually rejoin the alpha males at some time of the year.  I think the alpha males in the more urbanized areas are very skittish and remain alone except for brief periods.  I would point to the sighting data and the shear lack of "multiple adult squatches" in any area near large metropolitans suggesting another adaption of behavior yet to be clarified if they can ever bring the reality of the creature to light.  I hold a very high view of the intelligence as well as potential humanish tendencies of the creature, but I do not celebrate any sort of spiritual enlightenment to be derived from the creature itself, only that which our knowledge of the creature produces within our own understanding.   So "family group" may be more of a generality with these guys, maybe not a monogamy situation, perhaps more polygamist in nature....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Skunkapetracker

From the interviews I have conducted for urban Skunk Ape sightings, it always seems like they are passing though from semi rural to rural areas. I have never interviewed anyone in an urban area that had continuous sightings over the course of a week. Your apples may have had something to do with that, but I have not seen any solid evidence yet that would point to a permanent urban Skunk Ape or Bigfoot.

I think Drew nailed it. If these sightings are actually happening as described then someone is calling for help when they get scared. Whether they think it's a man, a bear or a bigfoot folks will call if these claims are taking place.

Got proof of that?

If I called the cops and told them a bigfoot was right in front of me eating two of my children

1) I'll never see a cop, because

2) they're too busy laughing.

Period.

DWA, I think you are an exception because a lot of what you say about bigfoot isn't true. Folks who knew you probably wouldn't take you seriously. If however, you said bear I'm sure they would respond.

• Upvote 2

Well, I am just wondering how anyone knows that a lot of what anyone says about bigfoot isn't true.  Do enlighten.

Guarantee you this:  If I ever told the people I know that I'd seen one, they'd KNOW I did.  But you of course don't know me.

DWA, I could claim to be able to divine the truthfulness of an anonymous internet report just by reading it like some on here do but we all know that's impossible. I'm basing my statement on my knowledge of how public safety agencies work. They check out calls (even ones they don't believe) because of the liability inherent in not checking. They will respond just to check that the caller is not on drugs or having a medical problem that might cause hallucinations or to have a little talk with pranksters if necessary. 

From the interviews I have conducted for urban Skunk Ape sightings, it always seems like they are passing though from semi rural to rural areas. I have never interviewed anyone in an urban area that had continuous sightings over the course of a week. Your apples may have had something to do with that, but I have not seen any solid evidence yet that would point to a permanent urban Skunk Ape or Bigfoot.

I have checked out your website and look forward to learning what you find in your research investigations.  Can you elaborate a little more on the urban sightings you have investigated?  Were these in or near smaller cities in Florida and did it appear that the Skunk Apes were looking for food when they came into the urban area?