You Don't Really Want To Have An Encounter Do You?

Guest tracker

Yea, I'd like a sighting someday far from home, preferably a road crossing so there is nice metal jeep around me. If it has to be with me on foot, hopefully with having a means of a quick exit should things turn to the sour.

Ditto for me on this one.

Guest tracker

Ditto for me on this one.

Hey i can relate but do you honestly think 1/4 thick window glass (car or home) could prevent a Bf from breaking in? The only worse false sense of security is trying to hide in a tent. Sorry some may not of wanted to know that. :o

Edited by tracker

Hey i can relate but do you honestly think 1/4 thick window glass (car or home) could prevent a Bf from breaking in? The only worse false sence of security is trying to hide in a tent. Sorry some may not of wanted to know that. :o

I want to see one as I pass it in a vehicle so I can gun it once I figure out what I'm looking at or thought I saw. My worst fricking nightmare is for one to pick up the back end of my car while I'm trying to flee or run right along side the car trying to mess with me. Don't even get me started on one peeking in my window. I know it could bust through my house but no one escapes easy off oven cleaner sprayed in the face. I go to bed with a can every night. :lol:

Guest tracker

I want to see one as I pass it in a vehicle so I can gun it once I figure out what I'm looking at or thought I saw. My worst fricking nightmare is for one to pick up the back end of my car while I'm trying to flee or run right along side the car trying to mess with me. Don't even get me started on one peeking in my window. I know it could bust through my house but no one escapes easy off oven cleaner sprayed in the face. I go to bed with a can every night. :lol:

Hey Jodie did you read the link with the peeping Bf yet?

Every now and then i'll look out into my back yard towards the field and lake. thinking one day a set of red eyes will be there. I 've got mulitple sighting reports of snoopy sasq only 30 minutes from my house. sometimes I go out late at night alone into the field unarmed and try to out fox them. You can join me if you could handle that kind of adventure, the cold, not move and remain quiet?

Edited by tracker

Hey Jodie did you read the link with the peeping Bf yet?

Every now and then i'll look out into my back yard towards the field and lake. thinking one day a set of red eyes will be there. I 've got mulitple sighting reports of snoopy sasq only 30 minutes from my house. sometimes I go out late at night alone into the field unarmed and try to out fox them. You can join me if you could handle that kind of adventure, the cold, not move and remain quiet?

I believe I'll pass, thank you, besides, your lovely wife probably wouldn't appreciate it. :lol:

Guest tracker

I believe I'll pass, thank you, besides, your lovely wife probably wouldn't appreciate it. :lol:

Opps i never looked at it that way :blush: just trying to help people deal with their Bf fears. One of these days i am going to have another good scare. And i will punish myself for being reckless until i forget that i did it and do it again. I' still have the odd retro dream of the other stupid things I've done and lived to do more. Must be a guy thing or maybe it's just me? dry.gif

I don't know Tracker, it seems men are always drawn to the one thing or another that will kill them. I like to stay on the sidelines and be annoying from afar. :D

Guest tracker

I don't know Tracker, it seems men are always drawn to the one thing or another that will kill them. I like to stay on the sidelines and be annoying from afar. :D

like women?

Anyways thats so true for some it's really funny. :D I take acceptable risks, i'll share this with you. The one thing i don't like to do is go out onto lake ice. that black water is so cold it burns if you. plus you can't see your hands in front of your face if you fall in. Then you drift under the ice and then it gets more interesting.

Hey you never answered did you read the peeping Sasq story ? That elder lady got a good scare. Imagine getting that being watched feeling and then turning around to see a Sasq face pressed up against your Bd room window.

Edited by tracker

like women?

Anyways thats so true for some it's really funny. :D I take acceptable risks, i'll share this with you. The one thing i don't like to do is go out onto lake ice. that black water is so cold it burns if you. plus you can't see your hands in front of your face if you fall in. Then you drift under the ice and then it gets more interesting.

Hey you never answered did you read the peeping Sasq story ? That elder lady got a good scare. Imagine getting that being watched feeling and then turning around to see a Sasq face pressed up against your Bd room window.

I read every word. The phobia started as a child. There is just something about looking up to see someone watching you through a window. It gives me the creeps big time. Now lets multiply that by ten if it is some huge bigfoot face that you see. Supposedly they have eyes as big as golf balls, now think of how big the face would be to accommodate those eyes. That poor lady, there isn't enough therapy in the world that will fix that kind of scare.

I know it could bust through my house but no one escapes easy off oven cleaner sprayed in the face. I go to bed with a can every night. :lol:

lmao.gif

Yes, that would shrivel those golf ball size eyeballs down to mere raisins... ouch! You just need to put one of those tiny red straws (like the WD40 has) on it so you dont have to be 6" from its face to do damage...

Edited by Art1972

Jodie, are phobias catching? Cause I have exactly the same one that you do. And it started in childhood also. Creepy freaky.

NO PEEKIES!

I remember being a little girl kinda scootching up to the window and trying to close the curtains with a barbie doll. Cause I didn't want to get that close to the window... :blink:

There was nothing out there that I could see on barbie doll night, I just remember that I had forgotten to close the curtains up tight before dark....the doll afforded more reach.... :lol:

To this day, even in the city...the blinds are drawn when darkness comes.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

:lol: Pez, now that's funny. Barbie doll as a reach extender. I know what you mean though. I never had a problem with sleeping near windows until after my sighting. To this day I will not sleep within arms reach of a window. When I stay at my home in the research area I also sleep with a pistol within quick grasp too. And the outside is well lit. I don't think there's much chance that old Big and hairy is gonna reach in and get me, but then again I don't want him standing outside my window watching me sleep and thinkin' about it either. :o

Chris B.

First of all IMO they are not the same. A sighting to me is a glimps of one of the big guys as he crosses the road or path in front of you and he's gone. An encounter is when your are much closer and can last longer and so do the after effects i might add!

I think this pretty much sums up the difference, but i'd like to add this.

A sighting (especially from quite a distance) might still leave you wondering- "did i really see what i saw"....

I think those who've had an encounter... maybe experienced what i would describe as a territorial display, and seen something from lets say 150 feet or less.. are those who have 0% doubt about what they've seen.

Not going into any further detail than that, but I would consider what happened to me as a young man to be an encounter and not a sighting. Am I glad it happened ? I dont know... that's a tough question to answer, especially after many years (earlier on) of nightmares, being spooked when in the woods (especially late afternoon for some reason ;) ), and not understanding what had happened... Being older and learning much over the last years helps put it into perspective, but doesnt stop all the hairs on my neck and arms from standing up, and remembering how terrified I was.

If I had to choose today- I would probly go with sighting... but not far away, close enough so that clearly can see it, but it doesnt know im there....

Great Thread..!

Art

Edited by Art1972

The only worse false sense of security is trying to hide in a tent.

Geez Tracker.. a tent is like the wrapper on a Reeses Peanut Butter cup for a big bear or Squatch.. got to rip that sucker open to get at the good stuff inside !!

hihi.gif

Hey i can relate but do you honestly think 1/4 thick window glass (car or home) could prevent a Bf from breaking in? The only worse false sense of security is trying to hide in a tent. Sorry some may not of wanted to know that. :o

I have come to accept that if the big guy really wanted in then he would GET in. Luckily for us he hasn't turned Zombie yet and doesn't seem interested in eating our brains. Or our livers with fava beans. There is some evidence for "respect of barriers" in the reported sightings I have read.

The tent protects quite sufficiently against peekies, and that's good enough for me. Believe it or not the only reason I'm looking into the tear drop trailers to have the "hard shell" around me is the ding dang cougars that seem to be quadrupling in numbers every few years or so.

Cougars will eat me. Like not even think about it, I'm on the menu.