You Don't Really Want To Have An Encounter Do You?

Guest tracker

Cougars

will eat me

after this comment, and some of the pics ive seen on various sites (olympic project etc), Yea, its not the BF I'd be worried about... Im thinkin one of those pickup truck campers or the tow behind one (like you mentioned)....

I'm not even a fan of domestic cats... Im even less of a fan of big ones that may see me as "tender vittles"...

If i was in a tent after you/someone reminded me of cougars, the entire night would be spent paranoid.gif + eek.gif and whenever i heard a noise I would be hairy.gif

scared001.gif

Edited by Art1972

Can say -- I think basically with honesty -- that I'd love to have a proper encounter, in daylight, the closer the better. It might well be frightening; but the drift of what one hears and learns is overwhelmingly that these things, whatever they are, do not -- save in the very rarest circumstances -- do physical harm to humans. (There is of course the consideration that the victim of a lethal Bigfoot encounter would be in no position to come back to tell the tale.)

Plus, admittedly I can blithely say "Bring it on!", from the position of being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, actually to have an encounter with a North American BF...

Guest Fanofsquatch

I think the reality for me is, no I don't want to have an encounter it would scare the crap outta me. I don't even think I would want to see it in captivity. From what I have read on here seeing one is a life changing event and I'm just not ready for that. I think I will ease into it with the Erickson DVD.

Maybe if BF exists....it is a placid plant eater...a beast that wishes nothing more than to benignly....peacefully.... observe the universe unfolding as it should....

Ahh... Peaceful coexistence....isn't that an ideal we all aspire towards ?

I wouldn't bet the farm on that...there are plenty of reports of aggressive bf, including ones involving human fatalities.

Guest tracker

Hey thanks for all the replys and quotes. Usually when that happens I got another lynch mod after me threatening to push that yellow triangle bat signal thingy.:D

I understand the fear of being watched, stalked & hunted. Would you guys feel the same way if it was a bear peeping in? just wondering. Use your fear and turn it into aggression & turn the table. Step out of the tent, stare back at them, even approach. That's how i deal with it anyways. My days of living in fear from close up encounters are over. It's comes down to a choice, fear controls you or you take control. It helps with the phobias and bad dreams when you take control I might add. ;)

Oh yea cougars, they have become a concern in the bush. Those ambusing buggers love attacking from behind so watch your 6 when out hiking. And carry a dbl edge 6"-8" max legal hunting knife. Because if and when you do see them up close it's usually too late to aim and fire. Let them chew on your left forearm while protecting your throat & stab with your right. I wouldn't run from them either they are just waiting for that. Stand together & let them know they are in for a fight if they want you or another in your party.

Others can add more or different but thats how i deal with the mean fur balls.

tracker out. dry.gif

Guest gershake

I wouldn't bet the farm on that...there are plenty of reports of aggressive bf, including ones involving human fatalities.

Would you mind linking a few? I don't think I've ever read one.

- Shake :)

Guest tracker

There wouldn't be many reports of survivers unless someone was attacked and dragged away in front of other witnesses ? That reminds me of some old reports of missing hikers, skiers and even a missing soldier taken while others were near. Sure most of them are timid but there's always that one badass that causes trouble. Opps i better shut up now. dry.gif

jeez I forgot again JMO. That Huff & Puff guy is going to be Pm me again. :)

Edited by tracker

Guest Lesmore

Hey thanks for all the replys and quotes. Usually when that happens I got another lynch mod after me threatening to push that yellow triangle bat signal thingy.:D

I understand the fear of being watched, stalked & hunted. Would you guys feel the same way if it was a bear peeping in? just wondering. Use your fear and turn it into aggression & turn the table. Step out of the tent, stare back at them, even approach. That's how i deal with it anyways. My days of living in fear from close up encounters are over. It's comes down to a choice, fear controls you or you take control. It helps with the phobias and bad dreams when you take control I might add. ;)

Oh yea cougars, they have become a concern in the bush. Those ambusing buggers love attacking from behind so watch your 6 when out hiking. And carry a dbl edge 6"-8" max legal hunting knife. Because if and when you do see them up close it's usually too late to aim and fire. Let them chew on your left forearm while protecting your throat & stab with your right. I wouldn't run from them either they are just waiting for that. Stand together & let them know they are in for a fight if they want you or another in your party.

Others can add more or different but thats how i deal with the mean fur balls.

tracker out. dry.gif

I've always liked the Buck 119 Special, for a good, all around camp knife.

Tracker, do you venture into the woods by yourself, with a buddy, or in a group ?

Edited by Lesmore

Hopefully this reply works right. Read my encounter story in the sightings page if you like.

I think I'm glad it happened, but it came at a cost. I wish I had the courage to really do something about it, now that I know what I know.

No one who is even remotely sane is going to think that avoiding contact with a terrifying creature is cowardly.

Guest ThePattyArcade

I would feel very grateful to experience an encounter or sighting. It would be fascinating for sure.

I'm one of those people who gets a kick out of being scared :D Not just Bigfoot either- UFOs, ghosts, paranormal, I love 'em all

That is why I go searching in the night, as well as the day. For that sighting, and if I'm lucky, an encounter. I'm not to concerned about aggressive behavior on the part of Bigfoot. I am always ready with camera for a quick shot. I even practice taking quick shots, for such an occasion. You have no idea how bad I want to see Bigfoot with my own eyes.

The "Practice makes perfect" idea of yours is a excellent idea. Just remember, under stress, when in a sudden crisis situation, nerves may still come up, and hands can and will shake. As my nursing career advanced I became better at handling *Code Blues, or Code Zeros, even one Code Redbird. (Remind me to tell that story sometime, it's a dozy)

I truly dealt in life and death situations. I would imagine upon sighting a creature that could easily pull you apart that you may feel fear. Hands will shake, and your brain will be screaming to run, but chances are you will freeze in place. However, freezing may also be safer in some situations.

Practice will help, but as for my career *Codes* got better after many such events. The same may be true for you.

Good luck, and I hope one day to see your pictures..Hugs from Susi

I would feel very grateful to experience an encounter or sighting. It would be fascinating for sure.

I'm one of those people who gets a kick out of being scared :D Not just Bigfoot either- UFOs, ghosts, paranormal, I love 'em all

My soldier son(US Army) recommends using weapons of these sizes to take down a charging bull. He knows because it happened to him in Iraq. They also accidentally killed a poor little donkey, not with a gun, but an M-Wrap, whatever that is!

He recommends these sizes, I would go with the 50 caliber because I would want that sucker dead *before * he *Killed* me

First choice and up: basic the 30.6 or the larger 7.62 or the best 50 caliber.

I truly seem to remember a 60 caliber, but I could be wrong.

It is amazing the odd things men learn in war zones! :P

Edited by masterbarber

Would you mind linking a few? I don't think I've ever read one.

- Shake :)

They aren't hard to find...

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/bauman.htm

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/chetco.htm

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/harrycolp.htm

Several more abstracted here:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/oldalaska.htm

Several examples here (also follow links on page for other time frames:

http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/cb/1901.html

:ph34r: You may feel differently after you experience these things.. :ph34r:

Trust me, I speak from experience :blob:

I also was interested, but seeing is believing, and now I'll be happy to never see anything like what I saw ever again. :(

BTW, I lived in a haunted house for a while...a short while :wacko:

:ph34r: I went home to stay until I could MOVE!!

Guest tracker

I've always liked the Buck 119 Special, for a good, all around camp knife.

Tracker, do you venture into the woods by yourself, with a buddy, or in a group ?

Usually by myself in the real situations day or night armed with a rip off rambo knife, camera and basic casting equip and courage.

In general searching for Bf's signs like in my thread. I sometimes take my fam along for a hike. I'll veer off and go search ravines, overhangs, water ways and check out caves etc while they walk the paths with our dog.

A reporter friend wants in on my adventures but i have said no to date because i would feel responsible for his safety. Sure he would keep my real name out of any story but also i don't want the woods where i search crowded with tourist either. I kind of like the fact the Bf is not generally accepted. It makes it easier to come and go and I only really search for personal reasons. I 've passed on casting prints before as i come across them. Although i am starting to warm up to the idea of having a few around to back up my unbelieveable campfire stories. Some of which i have shared on this site and which i don't think they were believed? No worries, if i wanted recognition i would of used my real name. ;)

Never sure when to use these so i just through them in for good measure to keep the thread from bogging down. JMO. tracker. dry.gif

Edited by tracker