You Don't Really Want To Have An Encounter Do You?

Guest tracker

Hopefully this reply works right. Read my encounter story in the sightings page if you like.

I think I'm glad it happened, but it came at a cost. I wish I had the courage to really do something about it, now that I know what I know.

Hunt, I'm going over to read your encounter.

It's fun to talk about the fear experienced when I have not yet encountered a BF. But I have had *other* sightings* of things that caused me to freeze in place. I could not move until *it* left.. :blush: I'm such a wimp, and a girl to boot!

Guest tracker

Hunt, I'm going over to read your encounter.

It's fun to talk about the fear experienced when I have not yet encountered a BF. But I have had *other* sightings* of things that caused me to freeze in place. I could not move until *it* left.. :blush: I'm such a wimp, and a girl to boot!

You'll like it because the big bugger jumps down out of a tree. boo :ph34r:

By the way, they ALL aren't LARGE.

Are you talking about babies and youngsters? What else would be sorta small about any BF? :blink:

They seem universally large to me, including Patty, who was huge. :blink: I would not wish to meet her alone somewhere w/o a few well armed Marines along. :wacko::blob:

:rolleyes::blush: That would work. Instant heart Attack! :blob:

Guest herosmom

I'm not happy about what I saw, even though I think the area should be thoroughly investigated and I would happily join in-with a really big gun for protection. The problem is that most of my family doesn't believe me, I couldn't sleep for weeks, and I no longer enjoy being outdoors at night-I'm always looking off into the woods and startled when I hear a noise. Also, it's so hard to be positive of what I saw-monsters aren't supposed to be real and they're NOT supposed to be walking around in the dark 2 blocks away from where you live. So much for gardening in the evening.

Guest Sallaranda

I've had a sighting, now I want an encounter. It only makes sense to me that I would want to experience more than I did the first time.

Even if it means putting my life at risk. I'm fine with that. I just want to know that these things exist as flesh and blood creatures and not just some aspect of my imagination.

Guest tracker

IMO a sighting at a safe distance 20 yards + may be best when it's your first time or a drive by road sighting. Not too many would want their first introduction to a Sasq to be closer than that. Sure afterwards when your fed up with being affraid of the woods or the dark and every sound you hear you join a forum or a group and eventually you go looking for them. Sound familar? :huh:

tracker out. dry.gif

ps. the nightmares will fade away once you start coming to terms with the fear. Get back on the horse, don't hide in the barn.

I've had a sighting, now I want an encounter. It only makes sense to me that I would want to experience more than I did the first time.

Even if it means putting my life at risk. I'm fine with that. I just want to know that these things exist as flesh and blood creatures and not just some aspect of my imagination.

I'd feel just the same, if I were in the right part of the world.

"For how can a man die better

Than ripped apart by Squatch?

Uncommon ill-luck; and worth the risk

In the quest for knowledge -- natch."

If BF exists and has a kind of human intelligence and sensitivity regarding its being watched, then having an encounter would be a rare event, and with the exception of the occassional example of habituation and a few other unusual circumstances, that is how encounters are generally described: rare and unreproducable.

If it exists, and if BF is sensitive to others within its proximity perhaps observations should be taken from a distance beyond which the BF could be aware (say a mile or two using modern optics) so that the BF would be unaware of its being observed. Going into the woods and pretending that 'being quite' or 'not eating smelly foods' or using 'scent blockers' seems to presume that BF are just another animal without the intelligence that a fellow hominin who likely shared a great deal of our evolutionary history might be expected to share with us still.

Guest Sallaranda

I'd feel just the same, if I were in the right part of the world.

"For how can a man die better

Than ripped apart by Squatch?

Uncommon ill-luck; and worth the risk

In the quest for knowledge -- natch."

Exactly. However, I'd want to know for certain that my romanticized sacrificial death would lead to the inclusion of Sasquatch as a known species.

Not saying I'm about to go out on a suicide mission looking for these things though. ;)

Guest FindMe

I guess it's because I have gotten older and wiser ( ya right !!)But I feel that the encounter that will happen to me will be a spritual,uplifting experience.I feel that if you are CHOSEN to have a encounter then it will be what you feel it should be.I'm sorry if I sound all cosmic about this but I have many,many years to form this in my mind.I feel that although meeting up with a 7-8' 500+ pound animal in THERE domain will certainly be VERY scary I don't believe it will dangerous.I think that if they want you gone,they will let you know long before you see them ( rock throwing,sounds.infrasound ,etc).In my 40 years of interest in Sasquatch I have never believed them to be threatening,blood thirsty creatures.I do however believe that they would/do protect there young,and there area,I don't believe they want confrontaion ( it would expose them to much I feel ).I think that you need to go into the woods with the right mindset,be peaceful in your approach.NON threatning and ready to experience whatever THEY plan for you.I also feel that IF your in a area that has a sasquatch population,they know your there long before you know your there!!.So trying fool them and hide cameras,sound recording devices,or carrying weapons is probably just telling them that you want to expose them and they will probably make sure you never see them.I have a plan for a trip this summer to Skookum meadows,I'm going alone,no cameras,no guns etc.I'm gonna hike in a ways till I feel that I should stop,set up a folding chair and sit there and take what ever they have instore for me.IF I have any kind of a encounter it will be just for me and him ( or she ).I know some people think it's crazy not to take a camera,but I feel that I don't need to prove to anybody but myself that they do exist,I'm not sure that I would even tell anybody about it if it happens.I do know that it will change my life forever.mix up everthing I have ever been taught and hopefully make me a better person.I have felt this way for most of my life,but only recently been able to accecpt it and be able to tell others about how I feel.The only research I'm interested in doing is to find the most likely place to find them and then put myself there and see if THEY feel that I'm worth letting into there world..JUST SAYIN !!!!

Ditto for me on this one.

Double ditto on this one for me also. Hopefully I would not wreak the suburban while watching the beast.

I wonder if I could convince a policeman that I was speeding away from a BF, and that I was telling the truth, and not drunk! :rolleyes::blush:

You scaredy cats need to get some of this-

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item562e9661e3

How can they prove that it works? :blink:

:rolleyes::blush:

Guest Sallaranda

I guess it's because I have gotten older and wiser ( ya right !!)But I feel that the encounter that will happen to me will be a spritual,uplifting experience.I feel that if you are CHOSEN to have a encounter then it will be what you feel it should be.I'm sorry if I sound all cosmic about this but I have many,many years to form this in my mind.I feel that although meeting up with a 7-8' 500+ pound animal in THERE domain will certainly be VERY scary I don't believe it will dangerous.I think that if they want you gone,they will let you know long before you see them ( rock throwing,sounds.infrasound ,etc).In my 40 years of interest in Sasquatch I have never believed them to be threatening,blood thirsty creatures.I do however believe that they would/do protect there young,and there area,I don't believe they want confrontaion ( it would expose them to much I feel ).I think that you need to go into the woods with the right mindset,be peaceful in your approach.NON threatning and ready to experience whatever THEY plan for you.I also feel that IF your in a area that has a sasquatch population,they know your there long before you know your there!!.So trying fool them and hide cameras,sound recording devices,or carrying weapons is probably just telling them that you want to expose them and they will probably make sure you never see them.I have a plan for a trip this summer to Skookum meadows,I'm going alone,no cameras,no guns etc.I'm gonna hike in a ways till I feel that I should stop,set up a folding chair and sit there and take what ever they have instore for me.IF I have any kind of a encounter it will be just for me and him ( or she ).I know some people think it's crazy not to take a camera,but I feel that I don't need to prove to anybody but myself that they do exist,I'm not sure that I would even tell anybody about it if it happens.I do know that it will change my life forever.mix up everthing I have ever been taught and hopefully make me a better person.I have felt this way for most of my life,but only recently been able to accecpt it and be able to tell others about how I feel.The only research I'm interested in doing is to find the most likely place to find them and then put myself there and see if THEY feel that I'm worth letting into there world..JUST SAYIN !!!!

I think you have some good ideas, and some opinions that I agree with. I think the best way to have an encounter with Bigfoot is by resorting to one's most primal instincts, as you alluded to. The whole purpose of going hiking on a journey to find a Bigfoot is not to film or kill one, but to merely see one.

However, I don't think bringing a rifle with you necessarily hiders your chances of seeing a Bigfoot. Do you really believe they have any way of "sensing" that rifle? Or camera?

Guest D B Cooper

I would sacrifice a good pair of skivies to have an up-close encounter with an 8 footer. That's my dream encounter. I never go into the woods unarmed. I always carry a big bore hand gun as well as a rifle capable of stopping anything I would run into in the Cascades. I would do everything possible to keep from using either in a FTF encounter, but I would have them at the ready if need be.

After two tours facing off with little guys in black PJs intent on putting holes in my fatigues. I don't think a close encounter with BF would deter me all that much. I could be wrong, at my age I might just tip over, but I doubt it. The adreniline rush sure would be something to remember.

I once came face to face on a trail with a pair of Cougars. I'll never forget that feeling. They were as startled as I was, and we shared thoughts on the distance we covered in opposite directions.