Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

^^^Wrong...and the reasons why are in your responses to JDL.

You really need to get read up on this, so you can come here and discuss it with people equally well versed.

We keep getting this "wrong as always" stuff...and no one's even begun to think about dreaming about thinking about a way to show us we're wrong.

We've shown your type that you're wrong 67 ways to Sunday.  But you can't see that.

Can you.

serious but it's part of the headache with this stuff

Extrodinary claim >>>> lack of serious evidence >>>>> conspiracy

There's no place to go

And before it keeps going, I've looked into the Smithsonian issue in the past but it's still not leading me to an actual race of giants being swept under the rug. The conspiracy arguments are not doing it for me. Once that's on the table, there's nothing anyone can say.

Yum hum, OK, off to something more interesting.

But note that JDL's inquiry goes totally unconsidered.  "Show me one single bone" is flat-earthspeak.  Why - if what he's saying is the case, and there's evidence that it is - would he be able to show you one?

No, I'm not coming back to read the response.  I know it already.

And yeah, if we stopped getting the flat-earthspeak, it might be more interesting around here.

Edited by DWA

No, I'm not coming back to read the response.

promise?

I don't think you understood my point, but good reminder why I have you on ignore.

Edited by mbh

"Show me one single bone" is anything but flat-earth speak.

It is a very concise, direct request for a single unit of evidence.

Not proof, just evidence. Something convincing.

Just one little bone.

But you can't offer that so here we go 'round the mulberry bush again.

From honest Abe, on the glory of Niagara Falls,

"But still there is more. It calls up the indefinite past. When Columbus first sought this continent---when Christ suffered on the cross---when Moses led Israel through the Red-Sea---nay, even, when Adam first came from the hand of his Maker---then as now, Niagara was roaring here. The eyes of that species of extinct giants, whose bones fill the mounds of America, have gazed on Niagara, as ours do now. Co[n]temporary with the whole race of men, and older than the first man, Niagara is strong, and fresh to-day as ten thousand years ago. The Mammoth and Mastadon---now so long dead, that fragments of their monstrous bones, alone testify, that they ever lived, have gazed on Niagara. In that long---long time, never still for a single moment. Never dried, never froze, never slept, never rested...."

You know Abe CAN'T lie.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/l/lincoln/lincoln2/1:6?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

There is a picture of a giant femur in some museum, as well as the 3 skulls, one human, one larger one next to it. The femur is recent and in color, in this post second or 3rd page. There is your single bone, plus skulls.

You're talking about the Museum in Lovelock, Nevada I think.  At least if we both saw the same show.

For the record, mbh, at one time I could have shown you some bones recovered from a cave near Walker Lake, Nevada and on display in Virginia City, Nevada at the Mark Twain Museum.  At this point I can only direct you to the BLM, in whose possession they now are.

It would be interesting to see if the BLM answers a FOIA request on these or not.

Edited by JDL

ah, pictures are on the first page. Wowsa, so the Gov steps in on even this stuff. Pretty sad. Can't have these giant people walking around.

not sure how you have any idea what I have and haven't read.

I understand the problem of my asking to see a bone.

Here's your bone....

post-17666-0-20722100-1402925661_thumb.j

A few problems there...

At the Mount Blanco Fossil Museum, a 47†femur bone is on display from an archaeological site in Turkey. Well, not exactly. It’s the handiwork of the museum’s curator, fossil restorationist Joe Taylor, who was “commissioned to this anatomically correct, and to scale, human femur.†That’s right: the real giant femur claimed to have been discovered is just a personal account in a letter. As for photos circulating of a man holding a similar femur bone, you can buy your own exact replica from Taylor for the special price of $450.

4.  I'm also guessing that if there was a race of giants, the femur would not just be a scaled up version of a normal human bone.  I don't think the relationship between size and skeletal structure works like that. 

Edited by AaronD
removed religious mention

Oh, of course, if it doesn't fit your preference there MUST be some problem with it....I understand, I see it in evolution all the time ;)

You're talking about the Museum in Lovelock, Nevada I think.  At least if we both saw the same show.

For the record, mbh, at one time I could have shown you some bones recovered from a cave near Walker Lake, Nevada and on display in Virginia City, Nevada at the Mark Twain Museum.  At this point I can only direct you to the BLM, in whose possession they now are.

It would be interesting to see if the BLM answers a FOIA request on these or not.

What was the size of the Mark Twain Museum skeleton?  Wasn't around 7 feet or so?  I don't really find that remarkable unless I'm missing something. 

Oh, of course, if it doesn't fit your preference there MUST be some problem with it....I understand, I see it in evolution all the time ;)

It's a cast based on second hand information.  Why do you find that "bone" at all compelling.

Nothing really to do with preference.  I don't find the agenda of that "museum" compatible with critical thinking.  I think they also feature dinosaur and human tracks together.  Credibility problem imo.  

Edited by mbh