Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

Because it's very important to "any government" to maintain the perception of what constitutes the status quo with the general populace

When it comes to social order, national security, ect. They are not threatened by the possibility of an extinct race of giants.

Look guys, this aspect of the matter can't be discussed much further without soaking in territory that is forbidden on the open forum. We can continue to discuss archeological finds, rumors of sizes of bones, even that there may be a cover up by whatever powers that be....but if we continue to dwell on why ....well, we'll be in trouble. I could start the same topic in the tar pit if you all would like(??)

I was catching up to the latest episode of Unearthed America and a couple of comments by Scott Wolter made me think of this thread. In the latest episode airing from Last Saturday in which Scott is examining rune stones in Oklahoma and North Carolina that has ties to the Viking explorers Scott makes mention of the Smithsonian twice in wanting to dismiss/hide artifacts of this kind, as it does not fit the status quo. First time was when he was talking to the park manager of the Heavener(spelling) rune stone park. The park manager was going over the history of the rune stone and mentioned the first attempt to get the stone deciphered in history was when someone contacted the Smithsonian. Basically the smithsonians response was to just immediately dismiss it as a hoax without ever really taking a look at it.  The second mention was when he was talking to a lady that brought him a rune stone she found when she was a little girl (roughly 40 something years ago. She made graphite on onion skin paper impressions of the rune engravings and sent them out to a bunch of universities and also the Smithsonian was contacted. The lady went on to explain that the Smithsonian asked her for the stone saying they would like to display it, but her mother said no to the Smithsonian that it was not going to leave their possession. Scott's comment was that her mother was smart as they would take it and hide it rather than display it. Just thought it was an interesting episode. Not saying conspiracy or not. Just saying.

^^^The scientists who looked at the Minaret skull described its anomalous features in detail - then brushed it off as an Indian.

Then lost it.

People shouting "conspiracy theory!" are conspiracy theorists.  This is the standard-issue human reaction to something that makes you question all you know...and can sweep under the table and go on with your life.

The blind faith of the people who think scientists would never do this! is touching, but like most childhood beliefs, is better ditched for reality.

I agree with both DWA and Serohs here. But we have to wonder "who" is making these decisions to dismiss things that seem to not flow with the status quo--and no I wasn't trying to rhyme ;)

The blind faith of the people who think scientists would never do this! is touching, but like most childhood beliefs, is better ditched for reality.

Ironic coming from someone who accept every eyewitness report online.

Nope, don't accept anything.  ANYTHING.

But isn't that somebody who doesn't read my posts carefully, or think about them.

I'm a skeptic.  We never accept what isn't proven.  Scoffers, however, take things on faith hand over fist, world without end.

Man I am trying to remember where I saw/read/heard something mentioned about the person who took over the Smithsonian following the civil war. Whichever it was the quote was that person put a lid on a lot of stuff because he was pro .... Wow I just realized I cannot take that statement further as it would violate forum rules for the public part. (sit down Chelefoot!) :P Anyway I do not know the truth of what I was going to say. I just remember reading or seeing/hearing it somewhere.

Again I am not saying there is a conspiracy, but to totally dismiss the possibility is the same of totally believing there is one. Just the opposite side of the coin. I do know as I have stated that things do happen at the local level. To only reason that it would not happen on a larger scale I think is too rigid.

^^ We have a thread in the Tar Pit under the same name just for guys like you who had to bite your tongue here. Just sayin.....my new sesquac,........just saying