Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

LOL.  It's actually a hard-fought skill.  Most people fail their first ten or so papers in Plebe English.  Fortunately you had to write about twenty more before the end of the semester.  Gave us a chance to recover once we started to catch on.

Plebe wrestling was worse.  My first four graded bouts were against high school state champions.  Barely passed.  Boxing was much better and afforded the opportunity to even the scales.

Hello JDL,

Yeah, LOL Kinda like being in the Tar Pit here where you get 'em to duck under the roundhouse only to have them run their faces into your uppercut. ;)

My favorite was the sweep block.  Duck in and right as they throw out a left jab, then come back up using your left arm to sweep their jab to their right, and pop 'em in the face with a right hook as they're looking at you over their left shoulder.  Good for guys who have reach on you.

Hello JDL,

Yep, surprises in life can be a good thing and others......eeehhh....not so good dependint on which end you're on. On topic? You were apparently correct, I've heard nothing on my email to the Smithsonian way back when. I may try to bump it one time and then walk away.

Hello hiflier ;)   I'm not surprised you didn't hear back from them, you likely won't. You could "bump" them again, or try a different address maybe(??) IDK   But I think their avoidance, and reasons thereof is still alive and kicking today....as much so or even more than it was last century.

For some reason, I can't cut and paste on this site, or I'd post a link.

I've been doing some casual browsing on the Smithsonian site.  The Ethnology stuff appears to be there, but deeply buried, and they seem to offer up only select reports.

Did find a charming book on the site titled "The Lost Giant and other Indian Tales."  The Lost Giant is about sixteen pages long in print suitable for a children's book.  A short read.

Two themes of the story are the loss of the giant indian (perhaps representing an entire race) and the freeing of Summer (perhaps representing the end of the Ice Age).

Guest LarryP

Hello hiflier ;)   I'm not surprised you didn't hear back from them, you likely won't. You could "bump" them again, or try a different address maybe(??) IDK   But I think their avoidance, and reasons thereof is still alive and kicking today....as much so or even more than it was last century.

Ahem....and what did I predict regarding hiflier hearing back from them?

Maybe if hiflier is capable of doing his best Andy Dufresne relentless letter writing impersonation we MAY get a few used books for the library and we all get to hear "Sull'aria" over the loudspeakers before they cut it off short and he ends up with 2 weeks in the hole for his trouble.

"It pissed the Warden off somethin' awful."

Not to mention dmaker.....

Edited by LarryP

I prefer hip hop, but that's just me LOL    Yeah, I also didn't think hiflier would get much of a response to his mail. I also can guess why, but it doesn't really matter. I'd like to locate the collector in Ohio who has possession of the huge skeleton menationed in the book I'm reading. I'm sure he/she is cautious about who gets to see it, as the Smithsonian, et al. would love to scarf that one up too. 

• 1 month later...

Hello AaronD,

I agree and thanks for the tip on a more focused search for where to inquire :)

‘We do not discuss UFOs and intergalactic space travel at the Smithsonian,’â€

DOH!!

The Smithsonian "sponsored a UFO Symposium at its Museum of Natural History on Sept. 6, 1980".

http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/14400/what-happens-in-vegas/

It is quite interesting that back in 1980 the Smithsonian sponsored a UFO Symposium at its Museum of Natural History.

Yet in 2014, they claim that they do not discuss UFOs at the Smithsonian.

Apparently they also no longer discuss giant bones there as well.