Boulders In Trees

Guest JiggyPotamus

Guest JiggyPotamus

I read top ten lists sometimes, and I happened upon a list of bizarre but true stories, and found this:

In April 1997, a turkey hunter in Yellowwood State Forest, Indiana, came upon a huge sandstone boulder wedged between three branches of an oak tree about 35 feet from the ground. The arrow shaped rock was estimated to weight 500lb. Subsequently, four more large boulders were found wedged high up in trees elsewhere in the forest. All were in remote areas. None of the trees were damaged and there were no signs of heavy equipment begin used or of tornado damage and no one recalled any mishaps involving dynamite anywhere nearby.

Of course, upon reading this I immediately wondered whether a sasquatch could be responsible. I also wondered if this story is even true. But it does say "true" in the title, lol. Granted, there is nothing to suggest such involvement, but when a 500 lb rock winds up 35 feet in a tree, one has to wonder what plausible explanations there are. But can you imagine a strong sasquatch clutching a 500 lb rock under one arm, and climbing 35 feet into a tree with the other? It would depend upon how strong sasquatch are, and how big the rock was. It said it was sandstone, so I am thinking it was probably a pretty big rock. And this apparently was not an isolated incident.

So no proof of sasquatch involvement, and my question to everyone is, should we discount sasquatch involvement altogether with the little evidence that is available?

SOURCE

Edited by JiggyPotamus

Jiggy, this reminded me of a time in my youth, about 5 of us were pushing boulders off a cliff, just for yucks. The last one flew off and was firmly stuck in the top of an oak. Some day, I'd like to go back and see if it is still there.

I read about this in Indiana Magazine. I don't remember that there was more than one though. They showed a picture of it. The article said that it was thought that a tornado did it but that is only a guess on their part.

It doesn't seem to be 'standard' squatch behavior reported all over the place. Is it in a squatchy area? I have read or heard about cattle skulls etc in trees though, so......

An open mind doesn't needlessly dismiss anything.  

To the first question ... I don't know.  It depends on how strong they are .. and how strong the tree is.   Show me something (else) that can take 500 pound rock up a tree.    In fairness, I WOULD like to see a picture of this 500 pound rock in a tree and pictures of the ground around the tree to verify for myself that there's no sign of equipment in use.   There is another answer, kind of expensive, but not prohibitively so.   Again, a picture of the rocks could be enlightening. 

To the second ... of course not.  However, we shouldn't embrace it as the answer too readily either.

Sometimes a question has to stay a question.   Minus data to support ANY position, all answers, even a premature right guess, are wrong answers.

MIB

Wow, big rocks in the trees, definitely sounds like a squatch; I'm convinced. As to why the squatch did this is a mystery: maybe to mark it's territory.

should we discount sasquatch involvement altogether with the little evidence that is available?

You have the question reversed. "Should we even consider sasquatch involvement at all with absolutely no evidence available?"

No. There isn't any evidence of any kind presented. Only an anomoly.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

Not any thing to show BF involvment, but very interesting and very strange nonetheless. Reminds me of the thread about the deer carcasses being found in trees.

Though there is no evidence to back up the theory that they could have been placed there by Squatch, there is also no evidence that they were not put there by squatch either.

So I reckon that If boulders do start appearing up trees in so called "squatchy areas" , then the phenomena is worth including in sasquatch research.

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Objectionable content

It's a marker. The resident alpha bigfoot is sending a message to any other bigfoots in the area of his presence. He's saying "look at this. I can place these boulders in the trees. I'm big and bad: don't mess with me or my food sources here."

Not to get too far off-topic, but here is a photo of some Sasquatch related activity of putting things in trees.

Definitely a territorial display.

tumblr_mmldr5Khq61qbeln5o1_400.jpg