Boulders In Trees

Guest JiggyPotamus

Though there is no evidence to back up the theory that they could have been placed there by Squatch, there is also no evidence that they were not put there by squatch either.

With that reasoning, there's also not a SHREAD of evidence that 3 legged mute dwarfs didn't put them there either. Their upper body strength is incredible. Still, I find it hard to default to that as a theory as well. So in the absence of positive evidence, I find nothing to make them an inclusive choice either.

i mentioned in another thread a while ago about how gorillas and chimps nest in trees and how this might also be bf behaviour. most of their habitat is tree dominated. caves and underground yeah but how much research is is being undertaken to really study whats going on in the canopy? its a pretty good view from up there, maybe they have lookouts and see you coming. it could explain why group sightings are so rare.

boulders as markers (of territory or otherwise) sounds plausible. or possibly juveniles having a bit of fun.

A 500 lb rock 35' up in a tree? A boom could do it and evidence of it's tramming nearby would disappear after a few rains.Ropes and pulleys are also good possibilities. As far as why? Unless it was intended as a deadly boobie trap, one could speculate a prank so that people would see it and say "whoa, who or what did that? A squatch, perhaps?" 

BFF Patron

Well obviously you missed the tree octopus, they always lay low under boulders in trees.

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/sightings.html