Boulders In Trees

Guest JiggyPotamus

after further reading i retract what i said about bf nesting in trees. possibly for resting and recreation or even during migrations but not to live long term. sorry its a bit off topic but wanted to clarify.

re thread topic: 1 bf (an adult moreso and definitely more than 1bf) could lift a large boulder, there are no beasts in the forest of NA and Canada that could so logic leaves us with a men or bf, right?

if the wind did it there would be a load of uprooted trees amd obvious other signs of a storm so strong destroying the area so rules that out.

There's also the possibility that the rocks were put there by loggers. They sometimes put rocks on stumps, which I'm not sure why.

qs120w.jpg

Maybe these trees were once just tall stumps that kept growing and pushing the rock up? Nobody knows how long these rocks have been there. It looks like this one could have been a stump at one time (look at the shape):

rk7qma.jpg

Edited by roguefooter

Rocks are well known bigfoot weapons. I've read reports where they throw rocks to drive people away. So it's easy for me to surmise they can use a rock as a marker.

Guest thermalman

A 500 lb rock 35' up in a tree? A boom could do it and evidence of it's tramming nearby would disappear after a few rains.Ropes and pulleys are also good possibilities. As far as why? Unless it was intended as a deadly boobie trap, one could speculate a prank so that people would see it and say "whoa, who or what did that? A squatch, perhaps?" 

My thinking as well Aaron.

Rogue, it looks like it was photoshopped just by observing the outline of the rock...I dunno.

Well this site says where you can see it-

http://www.thepotagerpage.com/2012/04/downpours-misty-52-degrees-sunset-815.html

I looked around and read a few things about logger excavators putting large rocks on stumps just for fun. The rocks in these trees may have been put there for the same reason. There's a guy on the BFRO who's apparently a logger and says the same-

http://s2.excoboard.com/BFRO/115581/2339344

Maybe Scott Wolter could answer, but to me, a 500 lb. rock would be too dense to be blown up in a tree.  I live on the coast and seen some strong wind and a lot of blown sand but never a blown pebble.