Boulders In Trees

Guest JiggyPotamus

The particular forest area is between Bloomington and Columbus. According to this map there have been over 1300 tornadoes in Indiana since the 50's and several have happened in the area of this forest.

http://www.tornadohistoryproject.com/tornado/Indiana/map

I would go with tornado since we know they can pick up and place large objects into trees.

Edited by roguefooter

I'd go with humans and explore all the angles first.

As I read others' offerings, I keep coming back to search and rescue training.   What better way to practice for getting an injured person up out of a hole.  If there are branches above the boulders' levels, then a winch, either electric or mechanical, could be used with a sling around the rock to raise it from the ground.   Rock climbers could do the same thing probably.   Then there's the chance of the use of helicopters.   S&R chopper pilots have to practice controlled hovering for moving injured people out of tight places ... how different is that from moving a rock INTO a tight place?    Or industrial chopper use .. hovering to place beams 'n' stuff where cranes can't get.  Logging choppers again, hover and lift, not just high speed runs from point A to point B.   Or some kind of competition among a bunch of guys with nothing better to do: I bet I can get a bigger boulder up a tree than you can.  

Lots of possibilities. 

Now ... if you go to that tree and find a bunch of hair stuck in the bark with non-human structure but human mtDNA ... I'd pursue the bigfoot angle with a vengeance, I don't mean accepting it without further thought, I mean investigate it .. vigorously. 

MIB

Well, no one has answered if the rock is even in a BF hotspot. And if BF are putting stuff in trees. If its not happening all over (this area) then it would not be a practical 'language' that other BF would understand.(territorial) such as (upside down trees) or X branches and twisted branches, although the twisted branches seem to point toward water or 'safe area' to transverse?

Well, no one has answered if the rock is even in a BF hotspot. And if BF are putting stuff in trees.

1) Because no one knows.

2) There isn't a rational, logical reason to even jump to that as a conclusion.

Cool thread, Jiggy! +

I've never heard of a tornado leaving a giant boulder up a tree but, that might be within the realm of possibilities.  It seems more likely that a Bigfoot did it!  8 )  As far as the tree climbing goats: they can do this too:

BFF Patron

Man they can sure play a mean pinball.  

1) Because no one knows.

2) There isn't a rational, logical reason to even jump to that as a conclusion.

Well, there are reports of bones being arranged in way and skulls in trees in certain areas.