Bigfoot & Cameras

Good point, Explorer. There are many people who don't use the abilities they have. 

However, there are also a gazillion stories about people who DO use their "sixth sense" and avoid the very types of events you've mentioned. 

Gavin de Becker's book, The Gift of Fear, is all about this ability.

I'm not really into making excuses for what amounts to societal denial of an animal's existence.

I don't think they read minds.  I do think the "feeling of being watched" is something for which science hasn't fully accounted, but for which there is a mundane explanation.

I thought for awhile that they knew all about cameras, but lately it's looking more like it's the mind reading thing that tips them off.

I've gone out to photograph other things, not thinking about BF, & found them later in several of the pictures. I don't recall ever getting but one  picture when I was actually thinking about getting one of them.

I don't think they necessarily have abilities "beyond ours". They just know they have them, allow them to develop, & use them to the best of their ability. That's our big problem. We are taught from early childhood that we only have 5 senses & anything else is just "imagination". Some children are even punished for using their higher senses.

I saw this very insightful comment a few days ago & thought how well it fits this situation: "It's entirely possible for you to not have these experiences for no reason other than the fact you have a disbelief strong enough to convince yourself that nothing of any sort of significance is occurring."

• Upvote 2

Guest lightheart

I agree one hundred percent Sasfooty. A special thank you for all that you have shared. I plussed your post. All the best during the holidays!

I thought for awhile that they knew all about cameras, but lately it's looking more like it's the mind reading thing that tips them off.

I've gone out to photograph other things, not thinking about BF, & found them later in several of the pictures. I don't recall ever getting but one  picture when I was actually thinking about getting one of them.

I don't think they necessarily have abilities "beyond ours". They just know they have them, allow them to develop, & use them to the best of their ability. That's our big problem. We are taught from early childhood that we only have 5 senses & anything else is just "imagination". Some children are even punished for using their higher senses.

I saw this very insightful comment a few days ago & thought how well it fits this situation: "It's entirely possible for you to not have these experiences for no reason other than the fact you have a disbelief strong enough to convince yourself that nothing of any sort of significance is occurring."

I agree (I plussed you), the pic I got by photographing hubby I was not even intending to get a pic of one of them but there it was.  Most people look at it and say it looks like a monkey.............ok.  But I live where no monkeys live so............It saw us and stepped out of the woods while we were taking pics of one another.

Edited by Sunflower

I've had this feeling on multiple occasions in the wilderness, but I don't attribute it to an extra sixth sense.  I believe it's your primal instinct.  

Derek, I understand why you're calling it primal instinct.

But I think we're both talking about the same thing.

BF research is hard. Very hard. Mostly because there just aren't that many of them IMO, and they are incredibly aware and hyper sensitive in their natural environment.

I can't remember which poster here said; "The best way to find a BF is to not go looking for one", but it's very true.

OK, well those people felt that because of their 6th sense.

Likewise, a BF doesn't need to read your mind in order to sense your intentions.

But how could they have a 6th sense about a camera?  So that's been developed in their senses within the last say, 150 years?   How do they even know what the result of carrying a camera is?  Have they flipped through the bf photograph album and said jeeze, I look like hell?

They do know what cameras are.

A very bold statement Larry. I'm on a completely different page from yourself in terms of what their abilities could be, but there are other threads for that debate.

Sunflower's point about photographing one almost by accident was interesting. Just wonder how that pic would have turned out, if at all, if SF was aware of the creature a few seconds before pressing the button?

For me, close up 'Class A' sightings would trigger a fight or flight response in most people. Under these circumstances most don't reach for their cameras. My focus would be firmly on putting distance between me and the big guy.

Edited by MarkGlasgow

I agree (I plussed you), the pic I got by photographing hubby I was not even intending to get a pic of one of them but there it was. Most people look at it and say it looks like a monkey.............ok. But I live where no monkeys live so............It saw us and stepped out of the woods while we were taking pics of one another.

would u be willing to share the photo? Possibly by PM?

Quote from LarryP

Needless to say the millions who went to gas chambers during WW2 with no clue on what was coming.

I disagree.

Humans might have a limited 6th sense ability (or instinct), but our track record on having ability to read the intentions of others is not very good.  Otherwise, there would not be conmen out there.

I agree.

Regarding being in the woods? I would have no issue treating the "sixth sense" a bit more practically. I have not seen studies on Humans along the lines of brain function, as in "lighting" up an area of the brain, when sounds beyond hearing are played. Frequencies not only strike the eardrum they strike the cranial bones and other areas as well. I do think though that our sense of smell, while not that refined does react to aromas we are not consiously aware of..

Edited by hiflier

I've heard (Alex Jones I think) that in Vietnam, when you did sniper training, you were taught not to look directly at the person because of the '6th sense' thing. They might 'feel' you looking at them. You had to look at the body, but not the face...or something like that.  Soooooo, is this in the Army (sniper) training manual or not?

Lots of reports of people 'feeling' like someone is watching them (when in BF areas).

That would mean they can read your mind?  If they can, they are probably the only living organism on earth to be able to do so.  I don't think nature is quite that selective.

t.

I dunno, maybe.  The result appears to be real, it's the mechanism I have questions about.  I think a safer explanation (not proof, but not quite so far down the rabbit hole) is that they are just very very good at reading our body language and through it, our intentions and our fear level.    I suspect they are watching more often than we realize.   We show our true colors before we realize those are on display.   For many people, by the time they know they're being watched, it is too late to put on a good show of being calm.  Scared, armed people, maybe especially those in denial about being scared, are dangerous. 

I don't think being blindly fearless is a good thing, though, whether it comes from bravado or cluelessness.   I think awareness, reasonable caution, and careful consideration send a balanced message.

Just a guess.  Some experience to back it up but I sure wouldn't want to overstate it.  Have to add the words "so far."  :)

MIB

But how could they have a 6th sense about a camera?  

Terry, again it's more about intent, than the actual camera.

With that being said, they do know what a camera is.

They do know what cameras are.

They do not want to be photographed.

And the most important thing is intent. As in what are your intentions. They have a 6th sense in that regard whether you're carrying a camera or a gun with the intention of shooting them.

Yet the best purported BF footage was shot by two men who had both a camera and a gun drawing a bead on the subject?