Bigfoot & Cameras

^^^That was DeadSquatch, if they'd wanted it to be.

It does frustrate me a little, all the "they must be..." assertions, none backed by evidence, of something whose primary shield from us is the society's general denial of its existence.  All kinds of people are seeing them; many had the opportunity to shoot it.  If they had wanted to.

In that at least lies some hope for us.

...........It saw us and stepped out of the woods while we were taking pics of one another.

They think of cameras the same way they think of guns, because the feelings we have while trying to shoot them with a camera are the same (somewhat) to them, as when someone wants to shoot them with a gun. It's the feeling of being stalked & we are the predators. Game cams may be viewed as traps.

When we're taking pictures of something or somebody else, they don't feel the predator thing aimed at them. Maybe they come out to see what is going to happen to our "other prey".

I remember that picture, Sunflower. He was a cutie!

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest Boolywooger

Wasn't there a.post on the NAWAC thread about them.mounting game cams.on the cabin and activity immediately fell off, but picked back up again in one quadrant and they discovered that the battery was dead in the cam covering that quadrant?  What does that tell us about their knowledge of cameras?

Seems like that tells us about their ability to detect electricity.

I used to have a mule that could tell whether the electric fence was on or off from several yards away. It went over an alley that was between the barn & a round pen, & she wouldn't go under it unless the fence was off.

With that being said, they do know what a camera is.

So Larry, if you and I were dropped into an area so isolated and remote that the local sasquatch population had never seen humans with cameras before and we saw one, would it know it was a camera you were pointing at it?

t.

Humans do have a sixth sense, but since we don't rely on it as we once did, the sense has been diminished by the lack of usage. The sense is especially active and still kicks in when we are outdoors and we suddenly are overcome by the feeling that something (usually a predator of some kind) is near. When the predator (either human or wild animal) is very close and likely watching us, the sixth sense will usually induce a "fight or flee" reaction. The sixth sense is actually activated by pheromones that are detected by sensors in our nose that alert our brains to the presence of a predator.

BIgfoot no doubt has a sense of smell that is MUCH more efficient than ours. and it may be 100 times better than ours. When they detect human scent they simply leave the area or go into their stealth mode. They are very wary of anything that is left in the woods by humans. 

Hunters primarily began using game cameras to photograph animals coming into food plots or to game feeders. Bigfoot has taken advantage of the concentration of animals that came into the areas, especially deer, hogs and turkeys. There is documented records of the Bigfoot staking out these areas waiting for the chance to ambush and kill an animal feeding there. They no doubt witnessed the flash from the typical game cameras many times. They have no way to know that the cameras captures images of anything, they simply want nothing to do with the cameras because  they know man installed it. They have no doubt seen humans setting traps of all kinds for other animals and have seen what those traps do. (They've also "ran" those traps as an easy buffet meal.) At night, one of the most alarming things that can happen to a Bigfoot is to have his night vision eyesight disrupted by unexpected bursts of bright lights. Because they have seen the flash from the typical game cameras, they avoid being in front of them.  

At one time I set up a Moultrie low-glow IR camera on a leaning tree located on the side of a very steep ridge overlooking a narrow hollow containing a spring-fed creek. The camera was pointed down at a very old wagon trail which was being used by at least three BF. After leaving the camera about two months I went back up the hollow to retrieve it. On the way up I noticed the fresh tracks of one large BF and the tracks of a smaller one on the trail. Those tracks and the previously seen tracks were all "one way" tracks coming off the mountain, passing the spring above the camera's location, and continuing toward a lake below. (The BF, like deer, come down off the mountains on one trail and go back up on a different trail.) I took the camera down and looked at the images from the card.on my computer. I had images of coyotes, raccoons, and squirrels but no BF or deer. (Deer seldom use a BF trail.) I quickly noticed that about 8 PM - give or take only a few minutes - there was a series of three shots every second or third night every second or third night that showed nothing but the inanimate objects in the camera's field of view . (The camera was programmed to take a series of three shots each time the sensor was activated.) I don't know if "something" traveled down the trail so fast that the camera's "wake-up" time was too long to catch what the sensor found, or if something else activated the camera. It could have been and owl or a whip-poor-will that flew by, but I can't believe that could have happened on such a punctual schedule.

This past week I placed a very well concealed camera on another one of their trails. That one is a "Black Light" cam with a flash that is invisible to the human eye. I intend to leave it for months. Will have to wait and see what happens. BF has been known to break game cameras. If one breaks this camera, I hope the SD card is not damaged.

I have a friend in western AR - near the Le Flore County, OK line - that caught the image of the head and shoulder of a BF while the friend was installing a game cam. He was adjusting the camera after it was turned on, and was facing the camera. It took photos while he was messing with the camera. One shot show the BF peeking out from behind a tree in the background. It was missing from the other shots.

I don't know anything about thermal cameras, TM, but I do personally know of a BF that was fooled by one. So maybe not.

But......If they only detect cameras by the electricity in them, how do they tell the difference between a camera & a cell phone, or a GPS tracker, or, or, or?

Hmm. Maybe they don't tell the difference. Maybe they're scared of everything that runs off batteries.

Sorry. Just talking to myself.

Guest lightheart

Branco, how can you tell the difference between a bigfoot trail and a deer trail? By size? Also why do you think they do not use the same trails for going up and down the mountain?

Sasfooty -

I think you're asking good questions.    They really do seem to be able to tell one sort of device from another and differentially avoid those which record optical images from all the rest.   How?  Beats me.  That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  That general arrogance, that assumption that if we don't understand it, it can't be happening, stops us from getting answers because we refuse to ask the questions.

While it is only one example of each, when I compare the BFRO thermal "event" near Bumping Lake to the new OP thermal "events", it makes me wonder if the situation is changing.   Could they possibly know that stored thermal images are not sufficient to be "proof" so they're beginning to allow them?    I don't know.  (Man, this rabbit hole is DEEP.)   The answer to not knowing is not to scoff and ridicule the question, though, it's to go search for an answer. 

MIB

An electric current generates a magnetic field with lobes that protrude out from the circuit carrying the current.

The stronger the current, the broader the magnetic field is.  An electric fence will generate a larger magnetic field than the battery from a camera or other device.

A simple tri-field meter will measure the magnetic field around an electronic device if one wants to determine how large it is when certain functions are being performed.

A magnetic field will, in turn, induce an electric current in a wire that passes through the field.  This is how the tri-field meter works.  You place the tri-field meter in the magnetic field, the field induces a current, and the current moves the needle to indicate how powerful the magnetic field is.

A compass needle will also align with a powerful magnetic field. 

I believe that it has been shown that animals can sense magnetic fields.  Some, that are most dependent on sensing the Earth's magnetic field, are most affected.

Biological molecules, such as enzymes, are often polar, and will align with a magnetic field too.  Tissues with a lot of polar structures will be affected also, as may certain organs.

It may be possible to subconsciously or consciously feel the change in state when tissues are influenced.  If an animal is particularly sensitive to such a change in state, it may relate that change in state to the presence of a current bearing device, especially if it notices that the state change increases or decreases as it gets closer to and further away from the device.

All this said, I would expect a migratory bird to be more sensitive than a mammal, and I would be highly doubtful that a mammal could sense a weak magnetic field from a camera from more than a foot away, if that.  Unless, somehow, the camera is generating a very strong field, or the mammal has a particularly sensitive tissue of some sort in its body.  More likely there is a visual, audible, or scent-related give away.

BIgfoot no doubt has a sense of smell that is MUCH more efficient than ours. and it may be 100 times better than ours.

Curious, does any species of ape exhibit any remarkably better sense of smell? Not to the extent you claim. Hominid/ape common ancestor bestowed upon us binocular, color vision, adequate hearing, and merely adequate sense of smell.

Some mighty extraordinary abilities are being heaped upon bigfoot, such as night vision, ESP or some corollary, and a sense of smell beyond that known of any other hominid/ape species. Are they able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Hello Incorrigible1,

......Are they able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Of course they are :o  Seriously though, since incidents of eyeshine, anecdotal as they are, have been reported then night vision can be a fair conclusion. The other stuff? Meh.