So You've Found Sasquatch Remains...now What?

hiflier

Guest thermalman

Has anyone ever thought that:

Most, if not all, supposed bigfoot "evidence" tests as human. So the theory is bigfoot has enough human dna to test as that... try to follow me as I connect my thoughts...:::

So if you were to cut off, lets say a hand, bring it to someone to test and it comes back as human, would you then be arrested and charged with murder or desecrating human remains?

Smedja did it! :biggrin:

depending on the condition of deceased creature, if it was decomposing I would go for a tooth to bring back.  If I had to leave the area the tooth would be great evidence and if I had a camera lots of pictures, If there was cell service I would call 911 get a sheriff. I might tell them I found a human body so they wouldn't think  I was a nut case. I would also call a game biologist and tell them what I have found. If there was no cell service and I had to leave I would go to the nearest location to get service and call authorities. 

Of coarse I would be thinking of my own safety with the thought of predators and scavengers near by. Sorry lots of  "if's" but then I guess this is a "what if"

So basically you want it to 'disappear' and no one to know about it?

So basically you want it to 'disappear' and no one to know about it?

what? a conspiracy?  or if I leave it it will surely disappear? nothing magical here no conspiracy make a call and wait for authority's. I would stay if I had the cell service till someone showed and if I had to leave the tooth would be good evidence, just in case it magically became invisible. If the body was decomposing most likely it will still be there or at least some nice chunks when the real investigation can take place by professionals who do it for a living.

again this is just a what if and that is most likely how I would handle it.

I  would send the remains to Michigan State University to have them tested.

The scientist in the Biology department would write a paper about it.

It would be peer - reviewed and published in a biology or zoology journal.

Then I would write a book about my discovery.

It would happen in a way similar to this, just like every other animal that is discovered.  

If one accepts the premise that they may exist, then one might speculate that this has already happened if a juveniles skeletized remains without the skull and a few other bones that might obstensibly identify it as something other than human, has been found, investigated to a point, deemed a John Doe and been interred or otherwise disposed, under the mistaken assumption that it was just another unfortunate casualty of the forest. Not trying to spark a DNA war on the thread, but I think if the DNA indicated "human" on either the Mitochondrial part of nuclear, that Authorities would stop there and treat the remains as human, even if there were gross anomalies in the DNA. I don't think coroners or medical examiners would investigate any further or delve into why there was strangeness in the findings. And without really really obvious differences in the skull, and probably in spite of obvious differences, I believe most Medical Examiners would still conclude it was an unfortunate misfigured person with some sort of deformity and just continue on with their job to find cause of death etc. There are I'm sure some who would be curious enough to investigate further, but even then chance would have to deliver the remains to that curious examiner instead of another who wasn't.

people booger:  I agree with you.  I believe that BF and humans are close enough that they can interbreed, so therefore the DNA must be very close.  It would take the right remains with the right examiner and technicians to get a truly complete and comprehensive analysis.

PM Wag, hope he is online at the time- if not:

Take the head, minimal. Arm with hand if possible, Leg with foot, and private parts if male. Get the hay out of there. Put it on ice, figure out how to preserve it for the long run ASAP. Start to make contact with private buyer. No publicity. Sign a 'no public release, accidental or not' contract, get a lawyer, maybe he can help find a buyer, preferably Japanese I would imagine. Ask $10 million, split with lawyer, 6 million, or have a private bidding party. Open Swiss bank account. Hope you don't go around for the rest of your life looking over your shoulder.

You do NOT leave the scene and hope to come back later and its still there. Dumbest thing you could possibly do. You have to take the half mark, and gamble you could get a big payoff.

Hey WAG,

Why do you have this fixation with a Japanese buyer? You have mentioned this in several posts. Are the Japanese advertising in the Toyko times for BF parts?

On a more serious note, it would be really embarrassing to be convicted of lopping body parts off of some reclusive hermit. Is there a specific way to determine if it is a truly a Sasquatch?

What quick method of ID is recommended?

Hello JanV,

I would have to say full body hair would be the first indication. The next, if there is enough material, would be to investigate for a prominent brow ridge.

hi HF,      a stick wouldn't be costly      ^^ unless it woke up ?  ;)

but , if I'm scouting around and find a dead BF-proof positive........gather samples then, " I'm going to Disneyland !!"

...but only after  burying/freezing  back up evidence  and tons of pics. then  I would  probably go to a very public news station then blow the lid off ( if any one cares about BF by then )   and start taking bids.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Hello All,

OK. You've left the area. The entire sequence of events is playing over and over in your mind. The trip in, the discovery of the remains, the determination that it wa indeed a Sasquatch carcass, The video-ing, the photographs, and the taking of the specimens (head, hand, foot, whatever). The specimens are secured and after contacting those in your trusted circle you're on your way toooo....home?

The whole point of this little dialogue is to illustrate the PLANNING that for goal of proof. Why be so methodical in not only the search and recovery effort but the exit strategy as well? Because an extremely enormous fallout will be occuring because of your actions. This fallout should be a part of the overall plan from start to finish. Not only what to do with the specimens but how to guard their delivery to insure their safe arrival.

Coonbo said it best which echo's my sentiments exactly: "Now, whether or not they would have been able to retain possession of those specimens and prove the existence of BF is a subject of great speculation"- quoted from the "Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe" thread, post #23. This is why no electronic communication should be used. If you're serious about this then great care must be taken at all phases of the operation. And this os only for finding a dead one. Imagine what the pro-kill groups are going to have to face.

A letter, that's right, a typed (OFF LINE!) or hand written letter ready to send at a moments notice should be on your person with a copy at home, both of which are stamped, sealed, and addressed. You will have already determined after much research who that/those letter(s) are going to. Your specimens therefore need to be safe for at least a week. There will be no contact information in the letter. After a week you then drive to the location you have chosen for delivery. It all sounds so cloak and dagger doesn't it? I think at this current stage of Sasquatch media hype, and the new NSA security capabilities that I don't think it's being too overly cautious to make sure that proof is the final outcome after so many years of wondering.

Do I think the whole thing could come unraveled at any moment with the public ending up never knowing? Indeed I do. So I think these precautions to be not too frivolrous. So, your now on the road to ....where?

Edited by hiflier