So You've Found Sasquatch Remains...now What?

hiflier

One wonders what kind of damage the current spate of Sasquatch TV shows will render.

I wish I knew the answer to that.   I think there are positives and negatives both for us and for the sasquatch.   I don't know where the balances lie, where the net positives or net negatives fall.

I suspect there is a saturation point, a burnout point for those not personally invested in the topic, and we're seeing a wave that will crest and break soon.  Maybe not, maybe it will have gained enough momentum to be self-sustaining.   It will be interesting to look backwards in 5 years or 10 years and see what it is we "know" now that is clearly wrong.  Of course, by then, we'll be wrong some other way but sure we have it right.   Its kind of interesting having one foot on the sidelines, one pretty darn deep, and the mirror called bigfoot staring me in the face.  :)

MIB

Hello Doc Holliday,

Oh, you make it sound so easy LOL. Do you really consider it to be that simple? Do you trust Disney? Will your pictures not end up here to be ripped apart by the skeptics? Would a news article convince anyone? None of us are a Dr. Sykes with credentials and look at the trouble he's had and the thread on this Forum regarding his "find". And that's only DNA. Joking aside the likelihood of even finding a dead Sasquatch is probably nil. Especially if no one looks for one. Even if one was found the road to exposure is fraught with uncertainty in how to get, not only the discovery, but the results of the discovery into the mainstream's eye convincingly and without refute. Tough going all the way if you ask me. :keeporder:

Hello MIB

^^ Well said.

seems like people are paranoid about giving up evidence. why not let the authority investigate? 

Let the authorities investigate, then take it home, and then call the media? Or the President? Decisions decisions.

Hello Doc Holliday,

Oh, you make it sound so easy LOL. Do you really consider it to be that simple? Do you trust Disney? Will your pictures not end up here to be ripped apart by the skeptics? Would a news article convince anyone? None of us are a Dr. Sykes with credentials and look at the trouble he's had and the thread on this Forum regarding his "find". And that's only DNA. Joking aside the likelihood of even finding a dead Sasquatch is probably nil. Especially if no one looks for one. Even if one was found the road to exposure is fraught with uncertainty in how to get, not only the discovery, but the results of the discovery into the mainstream's eye convincingly and without refute. Tough going all the way if you ask me. :keeporder:

Hello MIB

^^ Well said.

And thats just if you want it to be exposed to the world, and then you can see how this gets covered up first hand. :keeporder:

I only know of the one incident, which was a 'BF head', there for the taking. That's to assume other BF don't see you doing it, etc etc etc....so many variables to getting it to Japan!! :gaming: Shake it baby, shake that money maker, and that's a big maybe.

I still don't get what "Exposing to the World" people think will happen. This is rather naive in my opinion. RD was a great inoculator to 'exposing it to the world'. Maybe he is being paid to do what he does. When proven false, a hypothetical real one will be rather easy to cover up.

With the level of naivety displayed here, I think a small team would have no problems convincing you that what you found was a bear, and that you have 'issues'.

Edited by Wag

Hello Wag,

And that's just it. The world will "know" it's a bear. It may not matter where the remains end up, the result will always be bear. OOPS, sorry "dmaker", two 'possums ;) This thread is looking for ideas in how to make that not happen. Where then would the remains go? IS there a good destination for them? With all the posted comments in the "Ramifications" thread's discussion, and all the "discoveries" that turn out messed, up or with things "lost" or inconclusive, is there an avenue to even consider that would be safe? Yes, it all hypothetical, but when does this get discussed in a way that a good follow through by anyone might be possible? Does one walk into the Harvard or UCLA medical school cold and say, "Here, would you examine this for me now please.......WHILE I WAIT?" This really isn't that naive and, though it is a what-if,  I think it's an important thing to bring up. I think folks would like to know what to do in order to carry the thought further.

Edited by hiflier

On a more serious note, it would be really embarrassing to be convicted of lopping body parts off of some reclusive hermit. Is there a specific way to determine if it is a truly a Sasquatch?

What quick method of ID is recommended?

youre joking right ? You really think you wouldnt be able to tell if it was a bigfoot?

Hello Wag,

LOL, Wait? We're doing that now. We're actually pretty good at it. Well, some of us anyway :) But why wait? There may be some who think it incredulous that anyone would already have a type specimen. After looking at the history and all the agencies, departments and organizations that deal with that kind of habitat I find it incredulous that someone DOESN'T have one. In other words the authorities have ALREADY come and taken "it" away. So waiting isn't going to change anything but of course you can if you wish.

If Sasquatch exists then it also dies. The bodies are then out there somewhere and early Spring is the time to look for them. This three-part series of "hiflier" threads is designed for those who do not wish to wait any longer.

Edited by hiflier

Hello Doc Holliday,

Oh, you make it sound so easy LOL. Do you really consider it to be that simple? Do you trust Disney? Will your pictures not end up here to be ripped apart by the skeptics? Would a news article convince anyone?

actually my Disneyland reference came from this >> 

finding irrefutable BF proof would be like winning the Super Bowl of BFery , thus my statement.

to be honest, unless I thought the $10 million big foot bounty folks would show up with a fat check  , i'm  not so sure i'd want the attention such a find would generate.

Hello Doc Holliday,

My apologies for missing the Disney thing, (note to self: don't have that 5th cup of coffee). And your right the notoriety would be a nightmare.

Hello Wag,

LOL, Wait? We're doing that now. We're actually pretty good at it. Well, some of us anyway :) But why wait? There may be some who think it incredulous that anyone would already have a type specimen. After looking at the history and all the agencies, departments and organizations that deal with that kind of habitat I find it incredulous that someone DOESN'T have one. In other words the authorities have ALREADY come and taken "it" away. So waiting isn't going to change anything but of course you can if you wish.

If Sasquatch exists then it also dies. The bodies are then out there somewhere and early Spring is the time to look for them. This three-part series of "hiflier" threads is designed for those who do not wish to wait any longer.

A small sample is not going to prove anything anyway. Only a head, but you would be shut down before it got ''out to the people''.

youre joking right ? You really think you wouldnt be able to tell if it was a bigfoot?

I have never seen one. There are many accounts that stress their human qualities and there are many, many strange looking humans.

It would be just my luck to come across somebody's Uncle Henry who is very hairy via a glandular condition and has a sloping forehead and a penchant for wandering naked in the woods!

But to edit out the comedy- things almost never come carefully sterotypically wrapped and tagged for discovery. The actual encounter could be much more ambiguous. As in one of those where I think ( like many others) who have described it to be 'too human' looking to shoot or cut off a body part if found dead. I think that Chances are that it won't look like Patty, be 10 feet tall, etc.

Edited by JanV

I'm not sure what WAG's obsession or connection to Japan is about, but I think he / she has the right idea in that getting any discovered remains out of the US, and away from the US authorities as soon as possible, seems quite sensible to me.

Hiflier - You seem to have analysed any plans and difficulties further than anyone else, all you need to do now is chance upon a dead Bigfoot...easy! Seriously though, have you asked Bipto privately about the NAWAC's plans if they are successful in shooting one? They must have their post-kill plans honed to a tee.

What about loading the parts on to a private plane and flying to somewhere out of reach of those who might 'shut you down'?

You may need to own a small meat locker or wharehouse with freezer to store the body in, then contact the Harvards, Meldrums and Sykes to come to you rather than bring it and leave it to them. Although I do like the idea of Japan or some offshore place better. I think as soon as the legal authorities get wind of your discovery, it will be confiscated, and lost forever.