Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe?

Lake County Bigfooot

Sas, I wonder if the females were 'jealous' of you (another female), which is why you consider them the worst?

I think most encounters are from males, because they are the ones that go out and keep watch for the troup, act as guards, territorial stuff etc. Division of labor, testosterone, etc.

This is one of the best Sas Chrons: Even though she is completely comfortable with Squatches, seeing them still freaks her out, and she doesn't want to do it 'every day'. Its one of the best BT's period.

SC EP:6 Witness Encounter: Face to Face with Sasquatch

That's what I said, not all I have. I addressed your proposed solution to a perceived problem on your part. I'm sorry the answer didn't suit you.

You have mentioned at least 2 times now (that I can recall) off the top of my mind about how this needs to be discussed in the premium section which excludes a large body of the membership. In fact the majority. which I am not willing to do. Then you come off to me as frustrated with the cryptic nature of the exchange when it is clear that the rules shoehorn the discussion into that corner. I make an attempt to try and provide more detail to a previously vague description and you re-up with the premium membership post. To me it feels more like a strategy than a desire to learn more about a piece of this phenomenon that is absolutely real,  although not perhaps everyone's experience. It is no less viable than any other nor is it under reported. You may not believe it, agree with it or understand it and as I see that you have not had a SSq experience. So in your request for a deeper explanation for a previous post I made (that was evidently unsatisfactory to you)...I go ahead and take the time to attempt to provide more and then you just post more about premium membership. Its a waste of my time as was my point in saying "thats all you have" So save the apologies for a time when you feel you were wrong and need to amend a caused harm, in this instance obviously that is not the case so it means very little to me. We just don't see things the same way is all.   

• Upvote 2

What ThePhaige was stating was a bit more relativistic, suggesting that they approach us relative to where we are in our own minds and thoughts. It is interesting that so many individuals in our community having so much in common, and so little in common unite in discussing this creature and

what is it's significance.  We attach a great deal of what we would like from the world to the creature, seeking to fit them into some set of ideals we hold. Then we are baffled when we discover that our glass house lay's in ruins.  I think the whole "what is our response" from an objective standpoint to the creature is really untapped. 

I mean the whole clinical analysis of what interacting with the creature does to our paradigm needs to be studied along side

of everything else.  Does exposure to the creature make us any different from no exposure, and what are the qualitative differences, and possible quantitative differences.  Like do people sleep less permanently after an encounter for a quantitative measure, or do they treat the animal world with greater respect and care as a qualitative measure.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

I just jumped in without reading a whole lot, but ThePhaige laid it down.  I plussed it.

Don't think twice.  It's all right.

Don't let it bring you down. 

Sometimes things get so serious here.  It is serious though.  These discussions are so important to this whole Bigfoot project.  We're only as good as those that contribute.  Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't.  If we all have the same goal in mind, to find out what's going on with this research, then I'm pleased to meet you. 

Woo hoo!

Sometimes we just need sympathy for those that have gone through hard to believe things.   If it hasn't happened to you, then that's fine.  If and when it does, I would like to see what that does to your mind.  Then come back and tell me what you think about it. 

Actually, a promo for a thread I just started about how your life has changed from seeing BF.

That's not to say that I don't appreciate what others that don't believe say.  I do, because it helps to check my rational responses to things when I am feeling irrational. 

Thank you all for your input to these forums, and thank you to the people that make this all possible.  Communication is everything with this big piece of research, and you all have provided a wonderful place to discuss all these thoughts and ideas.  May be one day we'll look back on all this and say, remember when it was like before anyone had proof?

When that day comes, I will be happy to say how proud I am to have known you all "way back when."  Maybe the next generation will be pulling our silly posts at all hours of the morning out and saying, see?  These people thought they were crazy. 

But, we could sing.  And we did, in the dead of night.  Listening to these creatures and seeing them shine a light.  Was it a screech owl or a BF.  More BF have been here than I have known owl to be, but who knows, while I thought that I had been paying attention to my beautiful surroundings, all of the sudden this spring, summer, fall and winter, I hear a lot more than I used to.  I think that I am just paying attention more now. 

Nothing is going to change my mind about what I saw and heard. 

Something I find interesting is the apparent greater level of fear shown by the people who are merely contemplating encounters than by the people having those encounters on a repeated basis.  

There's that mirror.   Dare ye to look?

I've seen that from both sides.  During prep for a couple solo trips I got pretty stressed nearly to the point of canceling.   Once I got there, stress over.  I'm in the woods.  Sun's out, light breeze, birds tweeting, I'm off-trail heading into a canyon where there are no shoe tracks, no sign there ever have been.  My inner animal is in inner-animal nirvana. 

Over-thinking what MIGHT happen doesn't help.  

MIB

• Upvote 3

You have mentioned at least 2 times now (that I can recall) off the top of my mind about how this needs to be discussed in the premium section which excludes a large body of the membership. In fact the majority. which I am not willing to do. Then you come off to me as frustrated with the cryptic nature of the exchange when it is clear that the rules shoehorn the discussion into that corner. I make an attempt to try and provide more detail to a previously vague description and you re-up with the premium membership post. To me it feels more like a strategy than a desire to learn more about a piece of this phenomenon that is absolutely real,  although not perhaps everyone's experience. It is no less viable than any other nor is it under reported. You may not believe it, agree with it or understand it and as I see that you have not had a SSq experience. So in your request for a deeper explanation for a previous post I made (that was evidently unsatisfactory to you)...I go ahead and take the time to attempt to provide more and then you just post more about premium membership. Its a waste of my time as was my point in saying "thats all you have" So save the apologies for a time when you feel you were wrong and need to amend a caused harm, in this instance obviously that is not the case so it means very little to me. We just don't see things the same way is all.   

I get that you're not willing to post your supposed information in a section that allows for frank and candid review and discussion. A phrase from Harry Truman, regarding heat and kitchens comes to mind.

• Upvote 2

You have mentioned at least 2 times now (that I can recall) off the top of my mind about how this needs to be discussed in the premium section which excludes a large body of the membership. In fact the majority.

Yes, I have mentioned taking this discussion to the Premium Access. As a matter of fact, the discussion has been taken there. Yes, that particular discussion does exclude a very large portion of the membership, but it doesn't have to be that way. Once a member meets the requirements to join they may choose to do so.

The Phaige, I'm the Chief Administrator here. I'm a member of the Forum Management Team. It's part of my duty to promote the Premium Membership to the benefit of the entire BFF, you and the rest of the majority included.

which I am not willing to do.

OK. Nobody is twisting your arm. If you want to continue as a member of the General forum, by all means feel free to do so.

Then you come off to me as frustrated with the cryptic nature of the exchange when it is clear that the rules shoehorn the discussion into that corner.

Look, friend, I'm not frustrated with you or anyone else. Feel free to be as cryptic as you'd like because it's just not as important to me as you seem to think.

The rules you're complaining about are the same rules you agreed to upon joining the forum. We have offered an alternative for a fee, which in turn benefits members like you. If you choose not to take advantage of that alternative, you have no right to complain about having to abide by the rules that you agreed to when you joined. Just continue to enjoy the General Forum thanks to the generosity of our Premium Members.

I'd like to know how the rules have shoehorned your discussion in any way. I simply chose not to respond to something that is absolutely unproven and, up to this point, unprovable.

I make an attempt to try and provide more detail to a previously vague description and you re-up with the premium membership post. To me it feels more like a strategy than a desire to learn more about a piece of this phenomenon that is absolutely real,  although not perhaps everyone's experience. It is no less viable than any other nor is it under reported.

It wasn't so much a strategy as it was taking an opportunity to provide information to others in an effort to support the entire forum. I try to do that, especially when a member chooses to discuss what's best for the forum:

I would much rather see the forum not have a separation with  premium and standard membership sections and just have a donate button. Open it up...problem solved.

I make no apology if my response to your solution wasn't well received. Continue to enjoy the General Forum free of charge... problem solved.

You may not believe it, agree with it or understand it and as I see that you have not had a SSq experience. So in your request for a deeper explanation for a previous post I made (that was evidently unsatisfactory to you)...I go ahead and take the time to attempt to provide more and then you just post more about premium membership.

You did take the time to provide more information, and I appreciate that. if my posting more about the Premium Access didn't measure up to any expected response you may have anticipated, I hope that you'll forgive the lack of any appropriate response on my part. 

No, I've not had an experience with the creature, but that doesn't mean I haven't investigated the creature and been in frequent contact with many investigators, many of them very prominent in the field.

I'm sorry if I just don't take your word as fact. I have no way of knowing if you've actually seen and interacted with the creature or not. It's not that I don't believe you. I just have no way to know if your provided information is factual. Your statements contain no video, photo, or other evidence to consider. Sorry, but I just don't take everyone as an authority based on their word alone, nor should anyone else, IMO.  

Its a waste of my time as was my point in saying "thats all you have" So save the apologies for a time when you feel you were wrong and need to amend a caused harm, in this instance obviously that is not the case so it means very little to me. We just don't see things the same way is all. 

Sorry, friend - I'll post according to what I feel to be right for me whether you like it or not. If my apology meant so little to you and it's such a waste of your time, why don't you do as you said you'd do... or not do?

Thats all you have? Eh why do I bother...sigh. I have shared all that I am going to on this forum...peace.

Peace.

• Upvote 3

Or....could they have been tuned into you (chosen you) first, causing you to begin thinking about them?

What comes first? The chicken or the egg?

The egg. By millions of years. Source: the fossil record.

Sas, I wonder if the females were 'jealous' of you (another female), which is why you consider them the worst?

I don't know why they would have been jealous, Wag. They would stay here in the woods every night with the babies while the men hunted, or whatever they do all night. The males would come by about every hour or so & do their howls, roars, & various bird & animal sounds, then they'd be gone again for awhile. I rarely had any interactions with their men.

On the other hand, there is something about us that they don't have, and that they admire. It's nothing to do with our technology. It's something about our spirits. I've detected something like envy in relation to that. So maybe....

A soul?

That may be getting too close to religion to discuss, & I don't know the answer anyway.

But I've given it a lot of thought.

I get that you're not willing to post your supposed information in a section that allows for frank and candid review and discussion. A phrase from Harry Truman, regarding heat and kitchens comes to mind.

This much I can assure you. TP's not afraid of any heat.

There are a lot of other things that keep people out of kitchens other than heat.