Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe?

Lake County Bigfooot

What do you think laid it, Jan?

Hi Sasfooty,

Probably humans domesticated chickens from a southeastern Asian bird, the red jungle fowl. Dates range from 6000 BC to 2000 BC and May have occurred in multiple locations.

But amniote eggs - the hard shelled egg like that of the chicken - have been around well over 150 million years. Sea turtles, dinosaurs, birds and even some rare type of mammals, monotremes, laid this kind of egg long before the red jungle fowl evolved.

Modern birds are the evolutionary descendants of the dinosaurs and lived on after the extinction event that ended the big dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

If you are interested in the specifics of spontaneous mutation which occurs in the egg, I could look some info up and pm you. Let me know.

OK. I can dig that. The dinosaur egg came before the chicken egg.

So that leaves the question of whether the dinosaur or the egg came first.....

The egg came first because the change whether coming from hybridization or spontaneous mutation happens in the egg. Whatever laid the egg-- the ancestral animal - is different from the offspring.

Edited by JanV

This is all getting way too deep for me, but I can't help wondering where the thing that laid the "original" egg came from.

Be it chicken, dinosaur, or single cell.....

If it hatched, where did the egg come from, & if it was born, where did the mother come from?

Not trying to quench the conversation, but how did we get on mutation?

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

It's been said time and time again in this thread that you cannot lump these creatures in one category or another.  I don't doubt that Sasfooty had a surreal, wonderful, life-changing experience with one particular family of BF.  I also don't doubt that it could have just as easily gone very, very badly for her with a different group, even though her actions, attitudes, and intentions were absolutely identical and just as pure. 

When I lived south of Hobo Station, MS, the boogers I encountered there were very belligerent and I seriously feared for my life a few times.  You may remember the story of the booger coming onto my back deck and trying to open the back door.  I would have killed him, or died trying, if that door had opened.  Then later he punched the side of the trailer right on the other side of the wall from my head.  In spite of me learning and trying not to further provoke them, over several months, things slowly escalated (or deteriorated) there to the point that one night about 1:30am, I'd had enough.  I flung open the back door, my Mini-14 in hand, fired three or four shots, quickly stepped out onto the deck and ripped off around 15 more shots into the creek bed (that was my north property line) and the trees beyond.  That was the end of the crap.  I don't know if you can say I earned their respect, but they were certainly wary of me after that.  I believe that if Sasfooty had tried to interact with that bunch, the only way we'd have ever heard of her was if we'd seen a missing person story and that search parties were being organized.

I moved down the road east of Hobo Station and the boogers there were the benevolent type that Sasfooty (lucky for her) encountered.  They were mostly tricksters and the worst they ever did was nab my neighbor's barky dogs (after I told him he needed to bring them in at night or they would disappear), and tried to lure my dogs to them.  I spoke to the boogers, told them not to bother my dogs, that I loved my dogs, that they were good dogs, and that I would be VERY angry if anything happened to them.  I felt like an idiot doing that, but danged if they didn't leave my dogs alone after that.  They watched my every move, but would not show themselves if I had ANYTHING in my hands.  I never saw or heard what I thought might be the Alpha male or female.  They would throw stuff at the trail cams I set out, somehow knew which direction the camera was pointed, and I never got a single picture of anything other than my dogs, native varmints and animals, or flying blurs that I took to be either rocks or sticks or birds.  I found dings on the side of the camera housing and then found rocks laying nearby.  I interacted with them vocally almost every day.  Within a couple of months, I felt relatively safe there.  I planted two gardens, one next to my house, and per my great-grandmother's advice, one next to the woods for the boogers. I had multiple good experiences with them and truly hated to leave them when I moved to Missouri.

In my experience, in several different locations, I've found HUGE differences in the dispositions of members of BF troups that even lived adjacent to each other.  Any of them can be capable of killing us, and until you've spent enough time around a particular group in a particular location, you cannot trust them,  You cannot let your guard down.  And even if you DO trust them, what guarantee do you have that you aren't going to catch them on a really bad day?  That somebody hasn't done something to them to turn them against ALL humans, as has happened with other animals? 

I would love to hear more of these experiences, bad or good. Would also like to hear from any other folks with experience if they've had or heard of the friendly, or non-aggressive behaviors. Such reports seem to be rare, but I've read some.

Well JKH the ones that visited my property last summer seemed to enjoy a game of tossing stuff.  I would throw apples into the

thicket and they would toss stuff back.  At first I could not believe it was happening, but then I got my wife out their to witness the

throwing, and she said it flew horizontal and thru the trees.  I think they will engage us at whatever level they feel safe doing so, which

is really up to us.  However, they are really not into face to face contact, and many have spent years interacting with them and only

catching fleeting glimpses.  I guess they know our gut instinct is fear, and that certainly puts them in danger when around humans,

because we are their biggest threat.  I hope to continue making some form of contact with the individuals I had on my property last

summer, but I know they have to choose to participate and I have probably done some stuff that might jeopardize the situation.

Like being too boisterous and making screams and wood nocks when I should have just been quiet.

Can you be sure you're not being hoaxed? If I understand correctly, you've not been lucky enough to actually witness the "thrower," but have heard vocalizations and seen some track evidence. As much as you might wish, can you truly arrive at the default conclusion of "bigfoot?" Isn't it as likely it is something other than bigfoot?

Of course the other possibility is one of my neighbors messing with me, which would mean they would have to climb into a very

dense buckthorn thicket and wait for me, because I was a bit unpredictable in the time I would go out.  Not out of possibility, however not

very likely either.  I would have caught on to them doing that, as I was straining to hear any movement during those episodes.

My conclusion is that something was in there waiting for me, but it was not one of my neighbors.  One toss was really good, as it came

about 50 yards as I was entering into my house, a small rock landed nearby, kind of like stay out here.  I don't expect you to believe this

based on my testimony, that is your choice, but I just telling you what seemed to happen.   If anything I could have been over amped and

mis interpreting sounds, that is why I brought my wife into the equation to verify.

Can you be sure you're not being hoaxed? If I understand correctly, you've not been lucky enough to actually witness the "thrower," but have heard vocalizations and seen some track evidence.

There is no such thing as luck.