Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Personally, I'd not shoot the creature unless it were a matter of self defense. However, a shot with the appropriate round would render the creature dead, and thus a presentation for scientific study. I hope that one could be found dead of natural causes, or, at worst, peel one off of the grill of a logging truck.

'fraid I have to agree with See-Te-Cah on the "poopy pants" part. 

I've experienced something I'm pretty convinced was infrasound on a couple of occasions.   Some of the instances were not apparent at the time, they were only noticeable 24-48 hours later when I realized, in explaining what'd happened to other people, that my reactions were out of character, way more laid back than I'd normally be in a stressful situation.   Others there was definite fear, but it was by no means debilitating nor diaper-filling.   The only one where there was any sense of paralysis was, I think paralysis of indecision.  I knew something was a couple feet from me, I knew it was not alone because besides its breathing up close there were wood knocks from different directions farther out of camp, and I wasn't too sure what to do about the situation .. but it seemed like doing nothing had worked ok so far, I wasn't dead, so continuing to do nothing seemed a reasonable course. 

In none of those instances would I have been unable to shoot if I'd felt the need.  The scary one, for me, was the altered state of mind where I was not feeling stress and should have been.   When something messes with you in a way where you don't think to put up a fuss, that's kind of scary.  Its like anesthesia of a sort, "date rape" drugs, or the like.  Will power is gone.   If I have will power, I can take care of the rest, but if something can take that from me, I'm really truly vulnerable.

MIB

Hello DWA, 

...Killing something to satisfy someone else's curiosity - no matter whose - strikes me as "casual,"...

Totally disagree. There's NOTHING casual about it because it not for satisfying curiosity and you know it. 

Now, the scientific mainstreamers are the people I am referring to when I say their ignorance is the price of their lack of curiosity.

Again, curiosity is the wrong term. It belittles the subject.

They shouldn't need a body to be interested; Meldrum and Bindernagel and Mionczynski and Goodall and Schaller (and Krantz, until recently) are living proof of that. 

I think they would like a body as well.

....the only reason I'd take any guilty pleasure in it is that now I'd know for sure...

The difference here is I wouldn't feel guilty in the least. Bring it on and be done with it.

Edited by hiflier

That doesn't sound like the effect of infrasound, that sounds like he had a seizure of some kind. Arguing it makes little progress until we have a Bigfoot and are able to verify that they have this ability with I highly doubt. Look, I'm open to many things when it comes to Bigfoots, but when someone starts filling in the blanks, or they had this experience......which could have a number of explanations, which Bigfoots with infrasound abilities is only the remotest of possibilities.

Now, I don't doubt this person had this experience, however, the truth is he could simply have fainted from fear. Then he was embarrassed and tried to cover what he thought was some weakness. Truth is we all have our own lever of what we can handle or not handle and there;s no shame in that, but then we also have this thing called ego. And my friend, ego can be a serious biotch. 

Yep. The hypothetical effects of infrasound have been pretty thoroughly debunked on Mythbusters.

People like to attach lots of hypothetical and unproven claims to Bigfoot. The only thing missing is a cape.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Guest keninsc

That happens a lot, people sort of connect things to things without any real connection. Not that I've ever dome that you understand.

SSR Team

If they're classified then that's going to make it a little hard for us "normals" to see them and make our own determinations about them. I'd never heard anything about this infrasound thing until just after the military came forward with the microwave crowd dispersion device they came out with and showed how dolphins and whales had the ability to use sound to catch fish. Then suddenly, here come the reports of Bigfoot having this ability.

I keep hearing about the government has all sorts of stuff on Bigfoots and even give their security people a course on them so they don't freak out and shoot them.......and yeah, that's all supposed to be classified as well, but so is Area 51. And it's the most open classified secret in the world. And naturally, we can't verify any of it because it's all classified......and here we are talking about it.

Now, if you really had read this material, and it really is classified then you are in violation of the Government Secrecys Act of 1997 and that means we could all be getting a knock on our door because you been talking about stuff you shouldn't be talking about on the web.

Just saying.

You've completely mistaken my use of the work classified.

I meant it regarding a database we are building, nothing to do with the government...;)

I used it to describe my classification of reports I add to it.

SSR Team

Whoah there cowboy, wind your neck in.

I just told you why I used the word, we use it regularly to describe sightings that we have added the details to in our database, we " classify " them and after we classify then, they are " classified ".

classified

ˈklasɪfʌɪd/

adjective

arranged in classes or categories.

"a classified catalogue of books"

Don't start getting all funny with me just because you fail to understand the entire use and meaning of the word and instead jump to the most extreme conclusions.

Edited by BobbyO

SSR Team

If you had looked around the forum, you'd have seen that we are building a large database in which we " classify " sightings and after we classify them they are classed as " classified " in our database.

• Upvote 2

Hello keninsc,

Don't know if this helps?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/classify.asp

"Report Classification System:

All reports posted into the BFRO's online database are assigned a classification: Class A, Class B, or Class C. The difference between the classifications relates to the potential for misinterpretation of what was observed or heard. A witness might be very credible, but could have honestly misinterpreted something that was seen, found, or heard. Thus, for the most part, the circumstances of the incident determine the potential for misinterpretation, and therefore the classification of the report.

Class A
Class A reports involve clear sightings in circumstances where misinterpretation or misidentification of other animals can be ruled out with greater confidence. For example, there are several footprint cases that are very well documented. These are considered Class A reports, because misidentification of common animals can be confidently ruled out, thus the potential for misinterpretation is very low.

Class B
Incidents where a possible sasquatch was observed at a great distance or in poor lighting conditions and incidents in any other circumstance that did not afford a clear view of the subject are considered Class B reports.

For example, credible reports where nothing was seen but distinct and characteristic sounds of sasquatches were heard are always considered Class B reports and never Class A, even in the most compelling "sound-only" cases. This is because the lack of a visual element raises a much greater potential for a misidentification of the sounds.

Class B reports are not considered less credible or less important than Class A reports--both types are deemed credible enough by the BFRO to show to the public. For example, one of the best documented reports ever received by the BFRO is a Class B report from Trinity County California. It involved a very credible witness who backpacked into a remote area that has a history of sasquatch-related incidents. He described various occurrences around his camp at night that are strongly suspected to be sasquatch-related. The report is still considered Class B though because there was no clear visual observation to confirm what was heard outside the tent.

Almost all reports included in the database are first-hand reports. Occassionally a second-hand report is considered reliable enough to add to the database, but those reports are never Class A, because of the higher potential for inaccuracy when the story does not come straight from the eyewitness.

Class C
Most second-hand reports, and any third-hand reports, or stories with an untraceable sources, are considered Class C, because of the high potential for inaccuracy. Those reports are kept in BFRO archives but are very rarely listed publicly in this database. The exceptions are for published, or locally documented incidents from before 1958 (before the word "Bigfoot" entered the American vocabulary), and sightings mentioned in non-tabloid newspapers or magazines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BFRO's report classification system rates the circumstantial potential for misinterpretation, not the credibility of the witness or how interesting the report is. If you are checking the Recent Additions page periodically for new reports, or to steadily gain a better understanding of behavior and geographic range, you should pay attention to both Class A and Class B reports."

You may be new at this so I thought I could help bring you up on things a bit ;) And don't worry, there are others who even though they've been here longer have never looked at this information.

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team

You may be new at this so I thought I could help bring you up on things a bit ;)

Yeah, or of course Ken you could just continue to call people liars for no reason whatsoever.

I could not shoot anything on two legs for sport or for science.

Many people think they do not travel alone, so if you blew one away, you might have a hard time defending yourself against one or two others that may charge you when you are not looking and rip you to shreds.

• Upvote 1