N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

The problem with how this particular science is reported (and, perhaps, taught and practiced) is that we assume what we've found is all there is. Then, when we find something new, it blows the world away. The entirely of remains we've found from a human or close to human source probably wouldn't fill a school bus. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not much of one. 

You are talking about the hominid fossil record only right?  You know that many more unfossilized human remains are found all of the time, all around the world right? 

Even still, the hominid fossil record is larger than many think.  This photo shows hominid fossils from only one cave in Spain  

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/170746/view 

The Croatian hominid fossil record is immense, and that is only one small country's fossil inventory.

Edited by Drew

Guest WesT

Speaking of science, did you know that the Denisovan's are only known from a pinky bone and some teeth? Research that and tell me what was noted about the teeth. And no skulls or skeleton have been found to date.

Same goes for Gigantopithicus, 1,300 teeth and a mandible. Discovered in 1935 but still no skeletons and still no skulls have been found. One can allude that we have all the answers,  but when you look at the facts, that just isn't the case.

Edited by WesT

Thanks, but no thanks. Chasing phantasms is not on my itinerary.

That's classic. You have no frame of reference with which to evaluate my experiences and have no interest in attaining it. Wonder why I didn't bother spelling it all out...

That's classic. You have no frame of reference with which to evaluate my experiences and have no interest in attaining it. Wonder why I didn't bother spelling it all out...

Exactly.

The reasons have been spelled out here in so much detail, so many times, that only two kinds of people can miss them:

1) the few that do it intentionally;

2) the fewer that, um, don't, if you get my drift.

Speaking of science, did you know that the Denisovan's are only known from a pinky bone and some teeth? Research that and tell me what was noted about the teeth. And no skulls or skeleton have been found to date.

Same goes for Gigantopithicus, 1,300 teeth and a mandible. Discovered in 1935 but still no skeletons and still no skulls have been found. One can allude that we have all the answers,  but when you look at the facts, that just isn't the case.

Either one considers the speculation that has been done on fossil remains utterly laughable, in its entirety...or one understands that the evidence for sasquatch is compelling.

If, that is, one has read it, and thought about it.  If you have not, you are, um, er, excused from the table.

Bipto, 

Looking at this map, do you think that a large upright ape could be living in Eastern Oklahoma?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just based on this Diversity map, what do you think.

Mammals_Primates2.jpg

To suggest that they must be wearing their bigfoot glasses to find bigfoot is ridiculous.

On the contrary, repeated scientific testing shows that the human mind will completely ignore that which it cannot 'justify' as being present.

The most famous example if this comes in the form of a selective attention test which - appropriately in this case - uses a gorilla: http://www.theinvisiblegorilla.com/gorilla_experiment.html

A colleague was involved with a similar test which dropped dancing apes into CT scans: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/02/11/171409656/why-even-radiologists-can-miss-a-gorilla-hiding-in-plain-sight

These are people who can spot a tumour the size of a grain of sand... But because they aren't expecting to see something, they don't see it.

Looking at this map, do you think that a large upright ape could be living in Eastern Oklahoma?

Oh good, we're doing that again.

I've seen them. I've had rocks thrown at me by them. I've watched them bring down trees and I've heard them scream at me. I don't "think" anything. I know they're there. 

On the contrary, repeated scientific testing shows that the human mind will completely ignore that which it cannot 'justify' as being present.

The most famous example if this comes in the form of a selective attention test which - appropriately in this case - uses a gorilla: http://www.theinvisiblegorilla.com/gorilla_experiment.html

A colleague was involved with a similar test which dropped dancing apes into CT scans: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/02/11/171409656/why-even-radiologists-can-miss-a-gorilla-hiding-in-plain-sight

These are people who can spot a tumour the size of a grain of sand... But because they aren't expecting to see something, they don't see it.

...and the truly funniest thing I can think of to say about bigfoot skeptics - right now, give me a sec - is that they use the 'gorilla test' to make THEIR POINT!

Bipto, 

I'm not saying you're wrong, just based on this Diversity map, what do you think.

Looking at this computer screen in front of me, no ape.  Stop it with the ape.  Equally cogent and relevant.  So I had to get it in there, whew, my contribution to science for the day, I can go home now!  Hey, um, where's Eastern OK on that map...?

'Gorilla test' indeed.  Here's another example.  Don't see it, it's not there.  I can tell you this, though, for absolute sure.

See those isolated blue spots in Africa?  No primates there, no way.  Can't happen.  (Same thinking.)

Edited by DWA

Oh good, we're doing that again.

I've seen them. I've had rocks thrown at me by them. I've watched them bring down trees and I've heard them scream at me. I don't "think" anything. I know they're there. 

Right, I know you know they're there.

You are saying the map is incorrect ?

I am not convinced by someones claimed experiences if they can offer no evidence to support it. 

Regarding the map.

Considering the lines of latitude and proximity to oceanic bodies would suggest there is a possibility a species of primate aside from humans could survive in OK based upon global population dispersal as suggested by the map provided.

Short answer - yes.

Edited by Cotter

I am not convinced by someones claimed experiences if they can offer no evidence to support it. 

And last I checked...that does not matter.

Regarding the map.

Considering the lines of latitude and proximity to oceanic bodies would suggest there is a possibility a species of primate aside from humans could survive in OK based upon global population dispersal as suggested by the map provided.

Short answer - yes.

OK, does this look better? kybx.jpg