N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Takes awhile for hearing to reset.  Especially after driving, the drone, the vibration, the stereo. 

Guest lightheart

Modern life = complete sensory overload in my opinion.

Bipto I envy the fact that you and your team have the opportunity to spend some extended time out there.

A couple of months back I actually saw two hikers walk right over a couple of fresh Sasquatch tracks. It had rained the night before and they were left in some good mud. I had spotted them and walked down a ways to see if there were some more. On the way back I arrived just in time to see the hikers walking and talking normally along oblivious to what they had just passed over.  That is why i go alone....no distractions.

BFRO researchers report finding a trackway at night; going back the next day; and finding an SUV-load of people playing obliviously in the snow at the spot, with the SUV parked right in the trackway.

And we wonder how scientists overlook obvious stuff?

They're PEOPLE.

It's come to my attention that it's probably stinkin' hot in X by now.

Who's where and who will be, when?

It's getting there, but a few nights I was there I was actually a little chilly in the morning. But it only goes one direction from here on out. 

^^^Well if you'd just get on the stick, and pull a few hairs when you do, we'd have the solution to this mystery, now wouldn't we.

[ducks]

^^^In a region where all the wildlife is gone and all the timber was harvested by [looks it up], right, 1903, I just don't see how you're gonna do it.

Nothing grew back in a 100 years of replanting and management, nah...

post-1911-0-43935400-1402081762_thumb.jp

post-1911-0-83182500-1402081777_thumb.jp

Edited by GEARMAN

On the way back I arrived just in time to see the hikers walking and talking normally along oblivious to what they had just passed over.  That is why i go alone....no distractions.

This.  I prefer my woods time to be solo.  If I want to investigate something I don't want to be rushed and I don't want others to get impatient with me...

There is awareness, or the lack of it, and the just-don't-care...

Last summer I found a trackway of about 15 tracks on a friend's land. It was heavily wooded right by a bog and no place a person would think of being barefoot. My friend (and his GF) took no interest at all, even though if it was a person that person would have been trespassing, something to which his family seems fairly sensitive... maybe its more of '...I don't want to know'... 

There is awareness, or the lack of it, and the just-don't-care...

Last summer I found a trackway of about 15 tracks on a friend's land. It was heavily wooded right by a bog and no place a person would think of being barefoot. My friend (and his GF) took no interest at all, even though if it was a person that person would have been trespassing, something to which his family seems fairly sensitive... maybe its more of '...I don't want to know'... 

Maybe they do "know" and also know what they're dealing with and are resolved to live and let live?

It happens far more often than people may think.

I would have to say that some people are still in the stages of "nonbelieving" even though they might have seen or heard things so unexplainable that it literally shuts them down.  They won't talk about it, won't think about it, etc. because that would mean they've got to deal with it, one way or the other.

It's just so much less messy if they deny anything of the strange or weird things going on near their property.  I knew for a fact that oil wells could not have made the noise I heard from the woods in 1978 less than 45 ft from my fenced yard.  Yet, my choices were to call the sheriff and say "well you need to go in the woods and see what is making that horrible noise!"  Seriously?  Any number of scenarios could occur but the one that concerned me the most was I would then be referred to as the "crazy lady" who lives on ______ road. (And that has happened, even to some witnesses that I've known). 

NAWAC has dedicated their efforts to killing one for science.  I disagree...we don't need a body.  The science has been done and it's very unfortunate that the scientists involved did not have the nerve to actually admit what they found.  Bottom line, for me and some others, and I'm sure I'll get crucified for the previous sentence content, is this:   "We need to admit that they exist, treat them with respect, leave them alone so they can take care of their families and hope that no harassment happens when they do make mistakes." 

Peace

Edited by Sunflower
  • Upvote 2