N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Guest zenmonkey

Utilizing other dimensions is an Einsteinian theory.

That is what he was referring to by 'invisible'

Yes with that in mind and the randomness of the infinite universe  its not impossible just highly improbable. But I agree with norseman we aren't dealing with  a paranormal supernatural being. That isn't logical and doesn't exist. This is simply a biological matter. Both are  far fetched just one more so than the other.

Edited by zenmonkey

No we are not discussing the relative merits of the ravings of a sick and demented sociopath...right?

Beckjord was off his meds. Literally. Nothing he said or believed deserves consideration. He wasn't well. 

Utilizing other dimensions is an Einsteinian theory.

That is what he was referring to by 'invisible'

Your grasping badly......

Bigfoot IS real in the sense that Earth has had very large apes fitting the description before. We know this from the fossil record. The only debate then becomes is it extinct or extant? And where is or was its range geographically speaking!

We have ZERO evidence that inter dimensional travel is possible, further more it's not some trait that evolved with a species. If possible it will take technology to bridge the gap.

Apples and oranges.....so your comparison fails.

Edited by norseman

Brian,

I am a huge fan of the Bigfoot Show and I have been following the work of the NAWAC very close with area X. My questions are meant with all due respect, as i am asking them truly for informational value.   

1. What, if any real definitive evidence has been truly uncovered in area X.  I have heard the on-location episodes of the podcast, where there is multiple mention to the "immense amount of data" that was collected.  I am aware of the hair sample, but other than that i only seam to hear/read stories of things that happened.   Are there other forms of evidence i am unaware of?

2. What is the end game with this initiative?  (i know to get a specimen, and proof of existence) How long are these long-term investigations going to happen before the group "throws in the towel?" Has there been discussion amongst the group as to what other options, tactics, or approaches may be needed in order to take this to the next level?

Thanks

No we are not discussing the relative merits of the ravings of a sick and demented sociopath...right?

Beckjord was off his meds. Literally. Nothing he said or believed deserves consideration. He wasn't well. 

Why not?

He believed in Wood Ape as do you.

Why throw stones at nothing?

[if i applied your second sentence to Footery in general I would expect to be banned in a New York minute]

Which meds and for how long?

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

And he didn't care!

Guest zenmonkey

lol very true

1. What, if any real definitive evidence has been truly uncovered in area X.  

We're not really in X to collect more evidence of the kind most frequently associated with bigfoot. We are not trying to prove to anyone in the community that what we say is true. We are trying to prove to everyone else that the animal is real.

The hair we found and sent to Sykes to be tested (and never heard back on) is one of those "traditional" kinds of things, but as I've said here before and on the BFS, we don't bother trying to cast tracks we find anymore and because they don't amount to anything, really. The other physical evidence that hasn't amounted to anything so far is the blood samples collected during our first year of extended length stays in the area. We know it's blood, but it too badly degraded to be able to use DNA analysis at this time to say where it came from. So...it's *evidence* but of what? We have produced the "samurai chatter" recording also from the first year. It sounds an awful lot like what's heard on the first Sierra Sounds CD (but not the second). More evidence. Of what? 

The single largest amount of compelling evidence is in the form of the personal observations and experiences of NAWAC members. When the "immense amount of data" is discussed, that's what we're talking about. Our field journals. We are recording some fascinating behavioral observations. Even now. Of course, to the public at large, these are just more stories. I can't dispute that. I've never really tried. Nobody is required to accept what I'm saying as true. *I* know it's true. And I am terrifically excited about the things we're learning, up to and including stuff from just last week. But, until such time as we're able to produce proof, no evidence we collect will be worth more than any of the previous decades of evidence collected. We know that. It's what drives our effort. 

2. What is the end game with this initiative?  (i know to get a specimen, and proof of existence) How long are these long-term investigations going to happen before the group "throws in the towel?" Has there been discussion amongst the group as to what other options, tactics, or approaches may be needed in order to take this to the next level?

I don't believe we will ever "throw in the towel." It may become harder for us to operate due to constraints on resources or manpower, but we have a dedicated and motivated team who have shown themselves willing to make real sacrifices in the service of accomplishing our objectives. We will try our best to succeed and, if we fail, we'll be back next year to try again. We are *always* discussing new options and tactics and approaches. Always. It never ends, mostly because each new week and month spent in the field delivers new observations and behavior for us to work with. There is no time limit set on what we now call the Ouachita Project. Endurance led to Persistence led to Relentless led to Tenacity which will lead to whatever name we dream up for the next one and the one after that and the one after that, if necessary. We will be there every year for as long as we have permission to do so until that last man (or woman) is standing. 

^Oh, but that I only have one plus to give.

I'll join you.

The hair we found and sent to Sykes to be tested (and never heard back on)

We will be there every year for as long as we have permission to do so until that last man (or woman) is standing.

Not hearing back from Sykes is one of those things that often makes me go mmmm...

Don't get Todd involved whatever you do!!

Surely you have taken a picture of an ape, only to have it not show the ape, whether you were too late, or the ape was hidden when the photo was snapped.

I am interested to see how close you have come to getting a clear photo.

• Upvote 1

We're not really in X to collect more evidence of the kind most frequently associated with bigfoot. We are not trying to prove to anyone in the community that what we say is true. We are trying to prove to everyone else that the animal is real.

The hair we found and sent to Sykes to be tested (and never heard back on) is one of those "traditional" kinds of things, but as I've said here before and on the BFS, we don't bother trying to cast tracks we find anymore and because they don't amount to anything, really. The other physical evidence that hasn't amounted to anything so far is the blood samples collected during our first year of extended length stays in the area. We know it's blood, but it too badly degraded to be able to use DNA analysis at this time to say where it came from. So...it's *evidence* but of what? We have produced the "samurai chatter" recording also from the first year. It sounds an awful lot like what's heard on the first Sierra Sounds CD (but not the second). More evidence. Of what? 

The single largest amount of compelling evidence is in the form of the personal observations and experiences of NAWAC members. When the "immense amount of data" is discussed, that's what we're talking about. Our field journals. We are recording some fascinating behavioral observations. Even now. Of course, to the public at large, these are just more stories. I can't dispute that. I've never really tried. Nobody is required to accept what I'm saying as true. *I* know it's true. And I am terrifically excited about the things we're learning, up to and including stuff from just last week. But, until such time as we're able to produce proof, no evidence we collect will be worth more than any of the previous decades of evidence collected. We know that. It's what drives our effort. 

I don't believe we will ever "throw in the towel." It may become harder for us to operate due to constraints on resources or manpower, but we have a dedicated and motivated team who have shown themselves willing to make real sacrifices in the service of accomplishing our objectives. We will try our best to succeed and, if we fail, we'll be back next year to try again. We are *always* discussing new options and tactics and approaches. Always. It never ends, mostly because each new week and month spent in the field delivers new observations and behavior for us to work with. There is no time limit set on what we now call the Ouachita Project. Endurance led to Persistence led to Relentless led to Tenacity which will lead to whatever name we dream up for the next one and the one after that and the one after that, if necessary. We will be there every year for as long as we have permission to do so until that last man (or woman) is standing. 

Just to make sure that I understand this, you are not going to bother trying to gather any physical evidence at all? Other than a corpse? So it's either anecdotal observations or a corpse from your group, nothing else? 

That seems like a strange approach. You do not think that DNA, properly gathered in a biological sample, could bring the necessary scientific attention to this topic? Why would a serious organization adopt your approach? It makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1