N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Just wishing ... And thinking...... Brings up a question ..... That so called map brought up.

Some one needs to do a density map of all the known documented Bigfoot encounters.

I've seen something like that elsewhere so I may be just wishing for something already out there.....

Any one know of such a map?

I always used the Google Earth layer project....https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gec-other-sentient-side/FPkRgL9XvKI/ueIv5QTZ8qIJ

Scroll down abit to the attachments part...

Guest lightheart

Yes Xion I have heard it recently. It was extremely loud, the beginning second or two sounded like someone with really large vocal chords and then finished like a barred owl. It was immediately followed by a second one in the distance. I believe it was Branco who asked if the sound came from the ground or high up. It was definitely lower near the ground and I believe was a warning to the others that I was in the area. This was broad daylight but early morning. This has happened twice within a month or two. Usually if you spook a bird it will fly away within a few seconds.....Nothing flew away.

In Central FL when I was camping I was awakened around 4:00 AM to a funny sounding owl approaching. It was answered by another who was also moving closer. This was followed by a super loud car slap that made the guy's alarm go off. Then quiet.

IMHO they definitely use this owl sound to communicate.

Yes Xion I have heard it recently. It was extremely loud, the beginning second or two sounded like someone with really large vocal chords and then finished like a barred owl. It was immediately followed by a second one in the distance. I believe it was Branco who asked if the sound came from the ground or high up. It was definitely lower near the ground and I believe was a warning to the others that I was in the area. This was broad daylight but early morning. This has happened twice within a month or two. Usually if you spook a bird it will fly away within a few seconds.....Nothing flew away.

In Central FL when I was camping I was awakened around 4:00 AM to a funny sounding owl approaching. It was answered by another who was also moving closer. This was followed by a super loud car slap that made the guy's alarm go off. Then quiet.

IMHO they definitely use this owl sound to communicate.

Tbh I think the owl sound is the one they use the most(Certainly here where I am), and it is certainly a sound anyone not very very interested and read up on bigfoot will miss. Sounded JUST like a owl call, even had that "soft cooing roundedness" as I describe it that ive only heard a owl do, but this thing did it, and did it LOUD, carrying about a quarter mile at one point on the first night before it cut out, I think they were using it to hunt. And I have to wonder that if what I am experiencing is bigfoot, then how many other people, countless, are experiencing the same exact thing and don't have a clue or even bat a eye? It is no more unsettling or raucous than a raccoon in your camp what is happening here, if I didn't know about bigfoot like I do I wouldn't have noticed or payed attention to a bit of it.

Edited by Xion Comrade

Guest lightheart

I have to agree 100%. I have spent about 6 -8 hours weekly tromping around my various areas since December. I have really become very aware of the many subtle clues that would not even be noticed by your average hiker, birder, camper, etc. I am sure that they have become used to the fact that we modern humans have no clue what is going on around us. I believe they use that to their advantage and count on it.

Have you guys heard the "500lbs owl" as I am gonna calling it?

or an owl in a barrel on steroids ,lol.

fwiw, one evening while bow hunting deer from a tree stand I heard what sounded like that and it came from ground level not far away.

I had arrowed a deer earlier and was waiting up in the stand until dark to slip out , get a bigger light and retrieve the deer. I can't say for sure it was anything "interesting" as I never saw the source , but it got my attention as being odd.

that's been a few years ago and I've not heard it since. plenty of regular owl sounds, just not the heavy duty version.

but as far as spooking an owl, while you may get a visual, chances are you won't hear it fly away .

http://youtu.be/NEdqaO-XP-A

Guest zenmonkey

Oh good, we're doing that again.

I've seen them. I've had rocks thrown at me by them. I've watched them bring down trees and I've heard them scream at me. I don't "think" anything. I know they're there. 

You seem to be as honest and genuine as they come scientifically i can't say  BB has seen them thats good enough for me. but Geeze **** close met so many people from your group that are much like you. Its hard to wrap your head around looking at the bigger picture but their is something no I mean a lot to this and statements like what you said before are what keep me excited and want to make me get out there. thanks Bipto   Also got invited to go out with Leeper next week to sulpher ok couldn't be more excited to learn from him wish us luck!

I have to agree 100%. I have spent about 6 -8 hours weekly tromping around my various areas since December. I have really become very aware of the many subtle clues that would not even be noticed by your average hiker, birder, camper, etc. I am sure that they have become used to the fact that we modern humans have no clue what is going on around us. I believe they use that to their advantage and count on it.

I think that is their most important trait, the ability to live undetected by us and be ultra stealthy. Second must be their insane size I guess. Quite the combo! If you aren't actively looking for them, odds are you will never "see" them.

or an owl in a barrel on steroids ,lol.

fwiw, one evening while bow hunting deer from a tree stand I heard what sounded like that and it came from ground level not far away.

I had arrowed a deer earlier and was waiting up in the stand until dark to slip out , get a bigger light and retrieve the deer. I can't say for sure it was anything "interesting" as I never saw the source , but it got my attention as being odd.

that's been a few years ago and I've not heard it since. plenty of regular owl sounds, just not the heavy duty version.

but as far as spooking an owl, while you may get a visual, chances are you won't hear it fly away .

Hahha maybe it was a "Super owl" looking to take your dear! Pretty interesting though, I had hardly ever heard a owl take off now that I think of it, silent creatures!

Also got invited to go out with Leeper next week to sulpher ok couldn't be more excited to learn from him wish us luck!

Leeper's a cool dude. You'll have fun!

Guest zenmonkey

Ya I see him as yoda and I'm luke can't wait to learn from him. Bigfoot or not the dudes great just cool to be around.

Edited by zenmonkey

Zen,

Have fun in Sulphur, OK you'll love it......I haven't experienced 600 lb owls there but in a similar type location I hooted and got answered by one.  The difference between a real barred owl and a fake owl is so obvious that it makes you giggle.

:keeporder:

Guest WesT

I have really become very aware of the many subtle clues that would not even be noticed by your average hiker, birder, camper, etc. I am sure that they have become used to the fact that we modern humans have no clue what is going on around us. I believe they use that to their advantage and count on it.

Spot on lightheart. It's kinda like digging for clams, you have to know what to look for. I used to be clueless, but after the hunting blind experience I realized the same thing you noted in that most humans don't take much notice and a certain something seems to count on it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence we've both arrived at this same conclusion independently.

Modern people are remarkably bad at perceiving the animals around them. I know it takes me about a day in the woods to get back into the of mode where I listen and observe rather than just blunder along. One exercise I like to do is try and discern how many separate birds I'm hearing around me, their direction and approximate distance. I'm no good at identifying the types of birds, but I pay attention to what I'm hearing at what times and where. It's not always useful when looking for apes, but can be from time to time. 

I spend so much effort looking for snakes and turtles, that I have often walked right up on Deer or other animals without noticing them.

I can spot a snake better than anyone I am out there with though.